Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: mary78613

Nope.. Sorry πŸ˜†This is an old picture. Last year ki hai.

πŸ’”

Last year ki.. Acha.. Par phir bhi.. Koi link toh hoga na inka !?! πŸ˜†
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I think the problem is not that Ali doesn't get offers of shows, the problem is that he does not do more than 1 or 2 shows in a year because he is always travelling. I have no idea why he travels so much but this is the reason why he is not able to do many shows, he is rarely in Pakistan.

Ye apko kese pata. πŸ˜† I mean, was he asked about it somewhere ?
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: starstruckk

On a side note:

Ali and Imran:

Sohaib and Yousuf! lol - both my favs.

I guess this is from MANH days

Now that imran doing dramas again i wud luv to see him with all the new actors actresses
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I think the problem is not that Ali doesn't get offers of shows, the problem is that he does not do more than 1 or 2 shows in a year because he is always travelling. I have no idea why he travels so much but this is the reason why he is not able to do many shows, he is rarely in Pakistan.

I dont think thats the reason

And i guess now hum tv will give him more work thnx to the impact he left as suhaib
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I do like how the story has been developed and progressed so far. I do have a problem with the melodrama, coz I so appreciate Pak dramas' subtlety, but guess I'll have to live with itπŸ˜³πŸ˜† and hopefully from now onwards we will see less of the melodrama. Also the background for the unfolding of the main drama has been very well done. We rarely have the background story as well developed as it has been done in DeD. And coz of that I am looking forward to Wali and Faraa's story and also the interactions between Roohi and AJ. And yes acting wise everyone has been top notch and I have been awed by Abid Ali's acting and impressed by Mikaal too.

In d above post I just wanted to give my take on Sanam as Roohi and her performance.😳

Haha how will the show gain trps without a bit of melodrama?πŸ˜† Nowadays, all Pakistani shows have it and I guess we all have to live with it. Yes, I am so glad they gave us a proper background story and now all the characters will progress and evolve and this evolution is what I am looking forward too. I loved the subtle change in the characters as the story developed. We saw a sweet loving wife in Ruhi so far now we will see the bitter and egoistic side of her. We saw the selfish and egoistic Behroze now we will see a guilt ridden and broken side of him. We saw a frustrated and bitter Arjumand to a loving and caring mother and wife, she might again turn bitter after Suhaib's death (I really hope not though). We saw an egoistic and proud father in AJ and now his ego and pride has vanished over time. The death of his son has truly broken all his ego and pride and now he is just an helpless old man.

I agree with your take on Sanam, she is an amazing actress. But yes, I am not much of a Behroze and Ruhi fan because I am not much into mushy romance. I simply cannot digest too much romance. I am really really weird πŸ˜†

For me romance should be subtle, you don't need mushy dialogues or touching like hugs or hand holding, romance are loving glances or meaningful eye locks for me. Its in the day to day activities. I found the scene between Ali and Arjumand really romantic when they were just looking at their child with adoring eyes and then Suhaib tells Arjumand to promise that they would give their children a life full of happiness and put aside all their differences for them. That loving look they had for each other in their eyes thats the definition of romance for me. And yes, I know you must be thinking yeh bhi koi romance huwa but for me this is enough in terms of romance. No handhold, no hugs just simple eye locks full of love. πŸ˜‰
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Haha how will the show gain trps without a bit of melodrama?πŸ˜† Nowadays, all Pakistani shows have it and I guess we all have to live with it. Yes, I am so glad they gave us a proper background story and now all the characters will progress and evolve and this evolution is what I am looking forward too. I loved the subtle change in the characters as the story developed. We saw a sweet loving wife in Ruhi so far now we will see the bitter and egoistic side of her. We saw the selfish and egoistic Behroze now we will see a guilt ridden and broken side of him. We saw a frustrated and bitter Arjumand to a loving and caring mother and wife, she might again turn bitter after Suhaib's death (I really hope not though). We saw an egoistic and proud father in AJ and now his ego and pride has vanished over time. The death of his son has truly broken all his ego and pride and now he is just an helpless old man.

I agree with your take on Sanam, she is an amazing actress. But yes, I am not much of a Behroze and Ruhi fan because I am not much into mushy romance. I simply cannot digest too much romance. I am really really weird πŸ˜†

For me romance should be subtle, you don't need mushy dialogues or touching like hugs or hand holding, romance are loving glances or meaningful eye locks for me. Its in the day to day activities. I found the scene between Ali and Arjumand really romantic when they were just looking at their child with adoring eyes and then Suhaib tells Arjumand to promise that they would give their children a life full of happiness and put aside all their differences for them. That loving look they had for each other in their eyes thats the definition of romance for me. And yes, I know you must be thinking yeh bhi koi romance huwa but for me this is enough in terms of romance. No handhold, no hugs just simple eye locks full of love. πŸ˜‰

Yes the background has been well established and I liked your take on how the characters are evolving. Also I know many didn't want the linear story telling, but I for one liked that as we have the background well established and now wait with anticipation as to how the past will have the bearing on the present. So I am fine with it.😊

Kyun,kyun, kyun, when after ages I get hooked back to dramas and dis time Pak dramas, do dey hv to start making the one thing that put me off Indian dramas and tht is melodrama??? OK now I am being melodramatic.😳 But melodrama in small doses and done right should not be off putting I guess.😳

Hmmm I absolutely get your reasoning for not liking mushy romance and hence Behroze-Ruhi romance. I too am not a fan of mushy romance and I call it the manufactured romance, especially the way they show in Indian soaps. Also many are finding their romance too touchy, but I am not. I find it realistic. I know it's usually frowned upon, but Behroze and Ruhi did have a love marriage by defying their family and guess one of the aspect of their love is the physical attraction for each other.😳 I also liked the sedate love between Arjumand and Suhaib, where their love for each other is out of respect for each other and also for the sake of theri children and in their case it proved to be a strong bond.
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

I tou watch this show on TV and there came a point when I used to find random stuff to do in kitchen when their scenes were on-air πŸ˜† There are people who did like their chemistry and then and I seriously have nothing against them, to each its own, but I tou personally find nothing too commendable in this pair in terms of actor chemistry and character chemistry. Individually Ruhi and Behroze aren't that bad of a character (though Behroze is my least fav character in this show) but when they come together...I go here and there πŸ˜†

The thing for me was that we didn't get any proper build-up of romance for Ruhi-Behroze. Unlike Suhaib-Arjumand who had this massive build up from their initial carefree relationship to the angst...we were with them through it all. Which made their chemistry and pairing all the more interesting and worth looking forward to. Ruhi-Behroze didn't have any build up, no angst, no conflict, they were just...there.

@ Bold - I so agree with you on this Mais and that's what I have been saying from the beginning. Where is the build up of Behroze-Ruhi story? Behroze-Suhaib-Arjumand relationship was so well establised from the very first epi itself. We have Arjumand eagerly waiting for Behroze, Suhaib gently teasing her, then their childhood flashback that shows the equation and bonding of the 3, Arjumand talkinf about how she feels abt behroze to Laila and Suhab not liking Behroze being indifferent to Arjumand. So by a fews scenes and minutes their relationship is well established.

Whereas what do we hv in Behroze and Ruhi's case? Even without showing them being once together, we see them both talking to their respective families abt their love and wanting to marry one another and being defiant about it and coming across as selfish and instead of empathizing with them, we end up feeling bad for Arjumand.πŸ˜† At least they cld hv shown a single scene of them together before Behroze leaves to meet his family,where they show Ruhi is worried abt his family not accepting her and behroze reassuring her otherwise and promising that no matter what he wld be with her.

Anyways once they get married I liked the practical and realistic way they go abt building their home and though initially they show them in dire straits not once do they come across as becharas. I liked this positive aspect of them facing their lives, but again many found them selfish coz they were shown happy, whereas on the other hand Arjumand and Suhaib were so miserable coz of them. And den of course the cracks started appearing in their relationship and dey become distant and disconnected with one another when it comes to Behroze's family and their relationship appears weak, whereas again on the other hand Arjumand and Suhaib reconcile to their fate and decide to have a loving and healthy relationship. And once more Behroze-Ruhi's love seem shallow.

Also in the OST the Behroze-Ruhi scenes seems so cute and I was looking forward to them in the drama itself and I found then cute, but even in the episodes they have been shown as montages complete with the OST without any lead up to the scenes or the scene coming to a logical conclusion. It's my POV, but I feel the makers just used these and the star power of Sanam and Mikaal to lure the viewers, but the inside product was quiet different, especially in my case where Sanam is concerned and hence I felt cheated.

Edit: forgot to add, same with all those cute family scenes of Behroze-Ruhi and Faraa...they really mislead me into thinking we'll get some cute family moments, but dey were just to be used as a collection of framed pics for their home.

Edited by khamosshhh - 9 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Maya's insta update YES! Farah and Wali gonna FINALLY come face to face tonight! Kuch tou exciting hua! Yippiiee!!
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Maya's insta update YES! Farah and Wali gonna FINALLY come face to face tonight! Kuch tou exciting hua! Yippiiee!!

That's gr8. Finally!😊

Seems epi will move on full steam.πŸ˜†

BTW I just saw the promo nd cldn't help laughing when Behroze tells to Arjumand 'mein tumse tumhari sab se keemti cheez maangana chahata hoon'...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

@ Bold - I so agree with you on this Mais and that's what I have been saying from the beginning. Where is the build up of Behroze-Ruhi story? Behroze-Suhaib-Arjumand relationship was so well establised from the very first epi itself. We have Arjumand eagerly waiting for Behroze, Suhaib gently teasing her, then their childhood flashback that shows the equation and bonding of the 3, Arjumand talkinf about how she feels abt behroze to Laila and Suhab not liking Behroze being indifferent to Arjumand. So by a fews scenes and minutes their relationship is well established.

Whereas what do we hv in Behroze and Ruhi's case? Even without showing them being once together, we see them both talking to their respective families abt their love and wanting to marry one another and being defiant about it and coming across as selfish and instead of empathizing with them, we end up feeling bad for Arjumand.πŸ˜† At least they cld hv shown a single scene of them together before Behroze leaves to meet his family,where they show Ruhi is worried abt his family not accepting her and behroze reassuring her otherwise and promising that no matter what he wld be with her.

Anyways once they get married I liked the practical and realistic way they go abt building their home and though initially they show them in dire straits not once do they come across as becharas. I liked this positive aspect of them facing their lives, but again many found them selfish coz they were shown happy, whereas on the other hand Arjumand and Suhaib were so miserable coz of them. And den of course the cracks started appearing in their relationship and dey become distant and disconnected with one another when it comes to Behroze's family and their relationship appears weak, whereas again on the other hand Arjumand and Suhaib reconcile to their fate and decide to have a loving and healthy relationship. And once more Behroze-Ruhi's love seem shallow.

Also in the OST the Behroze-Ruhi scenes seems so cute and I was looking forward to them in the drama itself and I found then cute, but even in the episodes they have been shown as montages complete with the OST without any lead up to the scenes or the scene coming to a logical conclusion. It's my POV, but I feel the makers just used these and the star power of Sanam and Mikaal to lure the viewers, but the inside product was quiet different, especially in my case where Sanam is concerned and hence I felt cheated.

Edit: forgot to add, same with all those cute family scenes of Behroze-Ruhi and Faraa...they really mislead me into thinking we'll get some cute family moments, but dey were just to be used as a collection of framed pics for their home.

Exactly. The cousin trio of Suhaib-Arjumand-Behroze had more build up than Ruhi-Behroze. It's not like we needed an entire episode of RuRoz in university or anything as a build up, one dialogue would've sufficed. Like..take Suhaib and Behroze talking about Arjumand for example. Behroze was shown as being irritated by Arjumand's behavior and all Suhaib said was, "Tumein tou pata hai ke wo bachpan se hi aisi hai...pehle tou tum kuch nahin kehte the phir ab ye behavior kyun?" Suhaib was mighty displeased at Behroze in that bit. That had showed a complete picture of their relationship. Plus we did have Arjumand talking about Behroze as well. Had we gotten just one similar scene of Behroze talking to someone about how he can not imagine living without Ruhi...it would've done their characters a lot of favor. Behroze came in the haveli and the way he presented his case...it seemed more out of zidd than love. Idk...there was that helpless love missing in his stance. He couldn't convince anyone about his love for Ruhi...not even us the viewers. We saw their love after they got married and by that time it was too late. Because the base was denied to us..how could we care much about anything else?

Both the marriages were dealt wonderfully though. I loved those moments of comparison and contrast. One brother was happy with nothing, other was shattered despite seemingly having everything. But then slow and gradually...the tides changed. A relationship formed on mun-zorr love turned out to be not that ideal because of the lack of communication while the other relationship which found peace in compromise ended up being the stronger one because of the ease of communication and understanding. I never found RuRoz as selfish...just that they dealt with their situations too immaturely. They did the first thing they thought of and then spent their life proving that they were right and shifted the blame to the other party just to ease their conscience.

The ost showed only them and all those scenes were wrapped up in what, one episode? Phir bhi there were scenes missing in the show which were teased to us in the promos. god..the editing of this show is so messy! Agree on the star power thing, that's what i said in my post in the previous pages that the makers relied too heavily on the star power of Mikaal-Sanam but their characters and them...it did make the viewers tune in the show initially but they generally didn't turn out to be the reason viewers kept coming back.

As far as Sanam goes...Ruhi's character is yet to come in the limelight. Pehle the episodes were about the two brothers living separate lives, then the focus kind of shifted to Suhaib. But now it's all about Behroze in the haveli and of course, Ruhi is not separate from Behroze so she will kept her due now.

Waise honestly ek baat bataoun? I just don't care about the acting aspect of the show. Over acting or under acting, everyone acts here and I believe everyone has done a great job here. Acting tou hai na...we don't have blank faces reading lines from scripts here and that's enough for me πŸ˜†