Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

thanks! oh please, it turned out perfect!

I love this scene. it stood out for me the first time I saw it. ..Ali's smile/laugh seemed so genuine and adorable.

by the way, what are your thoughts on Mikaal and Sanam's pairing in this show?

It does look good under your name...idk, I am weirdly picky with my avis. Maybe it's the now-so-tired-of-it purple color of Sizzlerz which made me not like it much as my avi. I'm blabbering now..

Oh! This scene is just so beautiful! Specially this shot. Suhaib catching Arjumand in her obvious lies and when she realizes that she's been caught, she has this scared-cat look on her face which he just can't help but laugh at. The way he just bursts into laughter seeing her face...specially since he'd been trying to control it all the time. Absolute fave scene of mine!

Hmmm...I am not a huge fan of their pairing honestly. Some actors have chemistry despite the characters not having it and that can be amazingly fun to watch. In my opinion, neither Behroze-Ruhi nor Sanam-MIkaal have that wow factor wali chemistry. Granted that Sanam and Mikaal are two beautiful people but they just didn't click with me since the beginning. Behroze and Ruhi were shown as these two young people who are deeply in love with each other ke the dunya doesn't matter. We were supposed to root for them, these lovers. But somewhere that feeling got lost in the translation. Despite the bharmaar of the romantic scenes, there was nothing memorable about them. Nor was the chemistry so good that one would look forward to their scenes just for that explosive chemistry. It was very thanda and forceful and sometimes it became a test of patience...
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

It does look good under your name...idk, I am weirdly picky with my avis. Maybe it's the now-so-tired-of-it purple color of Sizzlerz which made me not like it much as my avi. I'm blabbering now..

Oh! This scene is just so beautiful! Specially this shot. Suhaib catching Arjumand in her obvious lies and when she realizes that she's been caught, she has this scared-cat look on her face which he just can't help but laugh at. The way he just bursts into laughter seeing her face...specially since he'd been trying to control it all the time. Absolute fave scene of mine!

Hmmm...I am not a huge fan of their pairing honestly. Some actors have chemistry despite the characters not having it and that can be amazingly fun to watch. In my opinion, neither Behroze-Ruhi nor Sanam-MIkaal have that wow factor wali chemistry. Granted that Sanam and Mikaal are two beautiful people but they just didn't click with me since the beginning. Behroze and Ruhi were shown as these two young people who are deeply in love with each other ke the dunya doesn't matter. We were supposed to root for them, these lovers. But somewhere that feeling got lost in the translation. Despite the bharmaar of the romantic scenes, there was nothing memorable about them. Nor was the chemistry so good that one would look forward to their scenes just for that explosive chemistry. It was very thanda and forceful and sometimes it became a test of patience...

My sentiments exactly.

It's weird because in between I ACTUALLY forwarded some of their romantic scenes because they were just so dry and boring. πŸ˜• And, I hardly do that because I feel as Pakistani viewers we don't get to see much conventional romance..but here, I would forward their romance. I saw absolutely nothing between the two. And..you'd think with the scenes that they had, you'd actually look forward to seeing more and more of them..but I never felt that way. I looked forward to Sohaib and Arjumand's scenes even when they didn't want to be together and no romance between each other whatsoever. They just had sparks and clicked as a pair and I found myself wanting to see more of them. Also, I found myself rooting for them over Roohi and Behroz.

honestly, Sanam and Mikaal's pair is perhaps one of the biggest disappointments for me in this show. I expected so much more from their pairing.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
On a side note:

Ali and Imran:

Sohaib and Yousuf! lol - both my favs.
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

My sentiments exactly.

It's weird because in between I ACTUALLY forwarded some of their romantic scenes because they were just so dry and boring. πŸ˜• And, I hardly do that because I feel as Pakistani viewers we don't get to see much conventional romance..but here, I would forward their romance. I saw absolutely nothing between the two. And..you'd think with the scenes that they had, you'd actually look forward to seeing more and more of them..but I never felt that way. I looked forward to Sohaib and Arjumand's scenes even when they didn't want to be together and no romance between each other whatsoever. They just had sparks and clicked as a pair and I found myself wanting to see more of them. Also, I found myself rooting for them over Roohi and Behroz.

honestly, Sanam and Mikaal's pair is perhaps one of the biggest disappointments for me in this show. I expected so much more from their pairing.

I tou watch this show on TV and there came a point when I used to find random stuff to do in kitchen when their scenes were on-air πŸ˜† There are people who did like their chemistry and then and I seriously have nothing against them, to each its own, but I tou personally find nothing too commendable in this pair in terms of actor chemistry and character chemistry. Individually Ruhi and Behroze aren't that bad of a character (though Behroze is my least fav character in this show) but when they come together...I go here and there πŸ˜†

The thing for me was that we didn't get any proper build-up of romance for Ruhi-Behroze. Unlike Suhaib-Arjumand who had this massive build up from their initial carefree relationship to the angst...we were with them through it all. Which made their chemistry and pairing all the more interesting and worth looking forward to. Ruhi-Behroze didn't have any build up, no angst, no conflict, they were just...there.
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Ahhh! Suhaib and Yousuf
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
O M G !!!! Ali n Imran !!? *faints*
Is it for a show ? Say yes plz .. πŸ˜†
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RisingAsh

O M G !!!! Ali n Imran !!? *faints*

Is it for a show ? Say yes plz .. πŸ˜†

Nope.. Sorry πŸ˜†This is an old picture. Last year ki hai.
mary78613 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MitwaIshqPe-

I'm weird that way too πŸ˜†

Oh so we sail in the same boat 🀣
mary78613 thumbnail

Someone stop giving Gohar so many shows..and give half of them to Ali. lol

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I think the problem is not that Ali doesn't get offers of shows, the problem is that he does not do more than 1 or 2 shows in a year because he is always travelling. I have no idea why he travels so much but this is the reason why he is not able to do many shows, he is rarely in Pakistan.
mary78613 thumbnail

yeah, maybe Sanam will get better when scope for her role increases? I don't know, but honestly she was not as great as Ali, Hareem or Mikaal in all the 9 episodes I've seen thus far. Sanam Saeed was the weakest link for me in Shukk, and it's the same here when comparing her to the other 3 actors. I've loved Sanam in many of her shows, but in some of these recent multi starrer shows, she has truthfully been not so impressive. She's stiff and monotonous and hasn't effortlessly let herself get into any of the characters she has portrayed..and if OTHER actors are doing better than you then that means something and credit where its due. Hareem actually has had less scenes compared to Sanam..but Hareem has been the superior performer by far. I think both Ali and Hareem have had less scenes than Mikaal and Sanam actually..yet Hareem and Ali stand out more. The scope of the role doesn't matter in my eyes..it's how you leave a mark with whatever you've been given.

And, I completely agree with you on Mikaal and Sanam Saeed's chemistry. The chemistry seems very forced..I'm honestly surprised and not in a good way because I was expecting sparks in their romance? yet there's nothing there. πŸ˜• Their romance falls flat and as you put it, does indeed seem forced. I literally had to forward some of their scenes together because I found them cringeworthy..not because they were cheesy or because the scenes were executed badly..but only because these two have zilch chemistry as Behroz and Roohi. Compare their (lack of) chemistry to what Ali and Hareem have shown..then the latter's pair is leaps and bounds ahead! What's funny is how Ali and Hareem have had scenes where they've had to shown disgust and hatred between each other..YET I STILL saw chemistry. πŸ˜† They just clicked really nicely. And, I don't think it has anything to do with Hareem and Ali knowing each other from before..chemistry is either there or it isn't. Two people can hate each other offscreen, or not know anything about each other..yet hit off really well onscreen..Sanam and Mikaal have done another show together..they've even hosted together..but, there's nothing there between the two..and these two do have chemistry with some of their other costars, but I personally feel they don't work together as a pair at all here. Their romance is rather boring.

Even coming to Mikaal individually..I LOVE Mikaal! He's one of my favorites..and he's good as Behroz..some of his scenes with Ali were top notch..but even then, I'd say Ali is the better performer in this show. After watching 9 episodes, I'd say the performers amongst these 4 actors in my opinion have been like this : Ali > Hareem > Mikaal > Sanam Saeed

And, I like Maya and Osman together..so hopefully they don't let me together as a pair..but, Maya individually as been a letdown so far. In my opinion, she's the worst performer at this point in this show. Do you watch Mera Naam Yousuf Hai by the way? I was skeptical about how she was doing initially there, but damn...she only keeps getting better and better. And, I like Osman too from whatever bits I've seen of him so far.

Sohaib was honestly my favorite character in this show. He was adorable. I loved the contrasting natures of Sohaib and Behroz...Sohaib was such a pure soul and it was refreshing to see that here. Even with an obnoxious father and a selfish brother..he was such a wonderful person. I read a lot about him in this thread and I honestly didn't think I'd fall for him as much as some of you guys have..but I really loved Ali as Sohaib. I kind of don't want to continue the show anymore because Sohaib was the reason why I was watching it. πŸ˜†

Okay so you saw episode 9.. I am sure you must be extremely emotional after watching it, I cried buckets 😭

Okay, so I won't say Sanam is monotonous or stiff or doesn't get into the character. I think she is a brilliant actress, the problem lies in her choice of characters. She always choses similar characters. Usually her characters are independent or egoistic and most of the time they are bitter. I think she should opt for different characters. Yes, I believe that in the upcoming 20 episodes we will see a completely different Ruhi, now Suhaib and Arjumand will be out of the picture and soon Behroze will be out too. The bitterness, hatred and anger that she has stored inside her for so long will be out and I think she will have more scope to perform. But then, you don't like her style of acting or her roles so I guess this track would not interest you.

But yes, Ali and Hareem were the stars of the show so far. Hareem's bitterness and frustration was very nicely portrayed by her. Suhaib was a gem of a person and even I loved the contrast they showed between the two brothers. I think you will love Wali too because has many qualities similar to Suhaib. He is a family oriented, obedient and loving son and grandson whose first priority is his family and their happiness. He is not 100% like Suhaib but he has some of his amazing traits.

Yes I guess Sanam and Mekaal just did not click as a pair. Ali and Hareeem had scorching chemistry even when there was just bitterness and awkwardness between them. There was chemistry in their awkwardness too πŸ˜† I don't know how they managed it but they just did.

Oh even I like Mekaal since Saiqa days.. i had a super duper wala crush on him back then but acting wise I never found him out of this world or anything. But I must say he has evolved as any actor over the years and DeD is surely one of his best performances.

No I haven't got a chance to watch MNHY but I have heard good reviews. I think in the grown up phase of Wali and Farah, the 'bubliness' will be toned down a bit πŸ˜† I have a lot of expectations from WaFa as a pair, I saw them both in Aunn Zara and simply loved them.
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago