khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Finally! Congo guys for the new thread.😊
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ok, just finished episode 9.

No offense to anyone here..this is my honest opinion..I know I may be the odd one out...but here it goes..

I'm in love with Ali Rehman. I think this guy has so much potential. I'm going to watch Mohabbat Ab Nahi Hogi for him. I hope he gets more shows very soon. He's a really wonderful actor! He played Sohaib so wonderfully and with such composure and ease. His chemistry with Hareem was lovely! I actually had to forward many scenes between Behroz and Roohi because I truthfully found their pairing very dry. Sanam Saeed and Mikaal lack chemistry in this show. They have absolutely nothing going on..no sparks, nothing. Sanam Saeed is very stiff as Roohi. Honestly, between Mikaal, Hareem and Ali Rehman..she is the weakest performer in my opinion. Nothing spectacular..just okay. The only person worse than her is Maya. Maya is overacting as Farah. It's unbelievable how apart from her physical appearance, I find nothing commendable in her to portrayal of Farah thus far. She can't play bubbly without going over the top. This is the same Maya who keeps getting better and better in Mera Naam Yousuf Hai..but, I truthfully see her as the weakest link in this show from whatever I've seen thus far. I can't really judge Osman..he hasn't had much screen space yet but he's definitely better than Maya here.

The best performers in this show are Ali, Hareem, Abid Ali and Mikaal. I personally like Ali more than Mikaal. I love Mikaal generally speaking, but he wasn't consistently good as Ali in my opinion, but he's still good enough as Behroz. Ali was wonderful throughout though. Hareem has been beyond brilliant as Arjumand! She plays her character such effortlessly. Her chemistry with Ali was beautiful. I loved their scene in the bedroom when he asks her if she's happy with him. That entire scene was one of the best scenes in the show so far I feel. Oh and Abid Ali is brilliant as usual.

Coming to the script..I think this is one of Farhat's better scripts (Humsafar's script was poor, this and MeJ are def better), but I still don't find anything commendable in her writing. I think that's where I find the show slow I feel? The show is fast paced in terms of turn in events, but it's still lacking something which makes me feel that the show lacks some sort of momentum? I have actually had to forward some scenes because they were so dry. I don't know if it's because I'm watching it all at once or what.

Coming back to Ali/Sohaib..I'm going to miss Ali. He was adorable as Sohaib..arguably my favorite character (I love Arjumand also!)..I'm kind of unsure if I'd still want to continue watching the show.. lol..I honestly find Behroz, Roohi and Farah very annoying. That entire family lol..Their characters aren't doing anything for me apart from Mikaal's acting chops..nothing else is in that family interests me.

Once again, no offense to anyone here..just my honest opinion on the show. I was really expecting something really brilliant, but this show is really lacking something apart from a few brilliant performances, cinematography, and OST...and now with Ali gone, I kind of don't know what to look forward to here..maybe Osman and Maya? but Maya has been very disappointing for me thus far.
simp thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@ starstruckk :Have you watched Ali's "kuch rishte adhoore se"? I liked him in that drama too.
Edited by simp - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
I had posted dis elsewhere so just copy/ pasting it here.

I started watching DeD only coz of Sanam and initially when I came to know that it was mainly the story of the characters played by OKB and Maya, I was resigned to the fact that Sanam didn't have much of a role. But the promos, OST and even the montages/ posters showed otherwise and that really raised my hopes. But since the past 9 or so episodes I have been feeling cheated regarding Sanam's part in DeD. Her role has been pretty random and her character has not been as well shown as Suhaib, Arjumand and Behroze and I am just hoping that it has been kept under wraps as I suppose Roohi will come into prominence after Behroze's death. Still her character should have been better established.

As far as performance is concerned, Sanam has aced it whenever she has got the scope. Even in the scene where Behroze takes Roohi to meet Agha Jaan, she had no dialogue, yet by her expressions and body language she portrayed her feelings and how Agha Jaan's barbs were affecting her bang on. She has been playing Roohi with a lot of restrain, though this is one character that could have easily gone over board. Roohi tends to over-react to situations, which could have become OTT, but Sanam does not overact and has given a very controlled performance. When she's being a strict mother to Faraa, there's a cutting sharpness to her voice, but it never gets screechy or shrill. Her eyes throw daggers and her face show anger, but no contortion of facial muscles, no exaggerated gestures yet she portrays her emotions strongly, but with a lot of subtlety. Her acting is very nuanced. Also for her no over-exaggerated slow gait or slow talking to show herself as a woman in her 40s. Yet she does not come across as seeming too young to be Faraa's mother. She really has a knack into getting into the skin of the character.

khamosshhh thumbnail
^ Forgot to add that I am liking Mikaal and Sanam's pairing and nd again their relationship is shown weak and complicated. So u hv their so-called cheesy romance, which I find it cute and then their awkwardness and disconnect with each other, especially when it comes to anything related to Behroze's family.
And lastly Sanam is looking very beautiful in dis drama. Though she is attractive to look at and is unconventionally beautiful, but again she has a knack of looking ordinary. But in dis drama she is looking very pretty.😳
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Ok, just finished episode 9.

No offense to anyone here..this is my honest opinion..I know I may be the odd one out...but here it goes..

I'm in love with Ali Rehman. I think this guy has so much potential. I'm going to watch Mohabbat Ab Nahi Hogi for him. I hope he gets more shows very soon. He's a really wonderful actor! He played Sohaib so wonderfully and with such composure and ease. His chemistry with Hareem was lovely! I actually had to forward many scenes between Behroz and Roohi because I truthfully found their pairing very dry. Sanam Saeed and Mikaal lack chemistry in this show. They have absolutely nothing going on..no sparks, nothing. Sanam Saeed is very stiff as Roohi. Honestly, between Mikaal, Hareem and Ali Rehman..she is the weakest performer in my opinion. Nothing spectacular..just okay. The only person worse than her is Maya. Maya is overacting as Farah. It's unbelievable how apart from her physical appearance, I find nothing commendable in her to portrayal of Farah thus far. She can't play bubbly without going over the top. This is the same Maya who keeps getting better and better in Mera Naam Yousuf Hai..but, I truthfully see her as the weakest link in this show from whatever I've seen thus far. I can't really judge Osman..he hasn't had much screen space yet but he's definitely better than Maya here.

The best performers in this show are Ali, Hareem, Abid Ali and Mikaal. I personally like Ali more than Mikaal. I love Mikaal generally speaking, but he wasn't consistently good as Ali in my opinion, but he's still good enough as Behroz. Ali was wonderful throughout though. Hareem has been beyond brilliant as Arjumand! She plays her character such effortlessly. Her chemistry with Ali was beautiful. I loved their scene in the bedroom when he asks her if she's happy with him. That entire scene was one of the best scenes in the show so far I feel. Oh and Abid Ali is brilliant as usual.

Coming to the script..I think this is one of Farhat's better scripts (Humsafar's script was poor, this and MeJ are def better), but I still don't find anything commendable in her writing. I think that's where I find the show slow I feel? The show is fast paced in terms of turn in events, but it's still lacking something which makes me feel that the show lacks some sort of momentum? I have actually had to forward some scenes because they were so dry. I don't know if it's because I'm watching it all at once or what.

Coming back to Ali/Sohaib..I'm going to miss Ali. He was adorable as Sohaib..arguably my favorite character (I love Arjumand also!)..I'm kind of unsure if I'd still want to continue watching the show.. lol..I honestly find Behroz, Roohi and Farah very annoying. That entire family lol..Their characters aren't doing anything for me apart from Mikaal's acting chops..nothing else is in that family interests me.

Once again, no offense to anyone here..just my honest opinion on the show. I was really expecting something really brilliant, but this show is really lacking something apart from a few brilliant performances, cinematography, and OST...and now with Ali gone, I kind of don't know what to look forward to here..maybe Osman and Maya? but Maya has been very disappointing for me thus far.

Star, I totally agree with you. But I would like to say Sanam can't be considered a weak performer just yet, its just that her role so far has been limited so far. I think she will have a chance to show her performance during AJ and her rivalry. This is where we will see a completely different Ruhi. If you have seen episode 10 you must have noticed the bitterness and change in her attitude after Behroze went to the haveli. Now Sanam's real performance/role will start.. But yes, I agree her role has not been so impressive so far, and the forced romance between RuRoze simply gets on my nerves

Even I love Ali the most in the show followed by Abid Ali, Hareem and Meekaal. Ali has truly outdone himself. I became his fan during Muhabbat Ab nahi hogi days. He was pretty good in that show. One of the reason why Hareem and Ali havee good chemistry is because they know each other from their theatre days and they even did a film together called Siyaah which was produced by OKB (I think) so they are good friends off screen too. I started to watch this show for Wali Farah but ended up loving Arjumand and Suhaib. I like OKB in the show, Maya is over acting but I guess her character will change when they will show the leap. Right now she is just a spoiled outspoken 17 or 18 year old. Once, they show the older version of Wali and Farah she would not over act I am sure. Farah's character was not immature in the book at least just stubborn.

Don't give up on the show just yet. Wali and Farah's story is pretty interesting, πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

I started watching DeD only coz of Sanam and initially when I came to know that it was mainly the story of the characters played by OKB and Maya, I was resigned to the fact that Sanam didn't have much of a role. But the promos, OST and even the montages/ posters showed otherwise and that really raised my hopes. But since the past 9 or so episodes I have been feeling cheated regarding Sanam's part in DeD. Her role has been pretty random and her character has not been as well shown as Suhaib, Arjumand and Behroze and I am just hoping that it has been kept under wraps as I suppose Roohi will come into prominence after Behroze's death. Still her character should have been better established.

As far as performance is concerned, Sanam has aced it whenever she has got the scope. Even in the scene where Behroze takes Roohi to meet Agha Jaan, she had no dialogue, yet by her expressions and body language she portrayed her feelings and how Agha Jaan's barbs were affecting her bang on. She has been playing Roohi with a lot of restrain, though this is one character that could have easily gone over board. Roohi tends to over-react to situations, which could have become OTT, but Sanam does not overact and has given a very controlled performance. When she's being a strict mother to Faraa, there's a cutting sharpness to her voice, but it never gets screechy or shrill. Her eyes throw daggers and her face show anger, but no contortion of facial muscles, no exaggerated gestures yet she portrays her emotions strongly, but with a lot of subtlety. Her acting is very nuanced. Also for her no over-exaggerated slow gait or slow talking to show herself as a woman in her 40s. Yet she does not come across as seeming too young to be Faraa's mother. She really has a knack into getting into the skin of the character.

I agree that her role and scope of her character has been limited so far. But then this show has so much more to it then Sanam, it has other brilliant actors too and an amazing story line. I initially started watching the show for OKB and Maya and then fell in love with Ali and Hareem along the way. I never expected that, but yes sometimes you fall in love with certain characters unexpectedly. For me, the story, cast and execution everything is important. If a show has my favourite actor but the story sucks, I can't watch it. I am just weird that way πŸ˜†

As for Sanam, she will get a chance to show her performance during her rivalry with AJ. I totally agree that all the scenes mentioned above were performed nicely by her. She is good with expressions and her body language says its all, she does not need dialogues for that. She is super talented and we all know that. And yes she looks super pretty in the show. She holds herself with a lot of grace. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

I agree that her role and scope of her character has been limited so far. But then this show has so much more to it then Sanam, it has other brilliant actors too and an amazing story line. I initially started watching the show for OKB and Maya and then fell in love with Ali and Hareem along the way. I never expected that, but yes sometimes you fall in love with certain characters unexpectedly. For me, the story, cast and execution everything is important. If a show has my favourite actor but the story sucks, I can't watch it. I am just weird that way πŸ˜†

As for Sanam, she will get a chance to show her performance during her rivalry with AJ. I totally agree that all the scenes mentioned above were performed nicely by her. She is good with expressions and her body language says its all, she does not need dialogues for that. She is super talented and we all know that. And yes she looks super pretty in the show. She holds herself with a lot of grace. πŸ˜ƒ

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I do like how the story has been developed and progressed so far. I do have a problem with the melodrama, coz I so appreciate Pak dramas' subtlety, but guess I'll have to live with itπŸ˜³πŸ˜† and hopefully from now onwards we will see less of the melodrama. Also the background for the unfolding of the main drama has been very well done. We rarely have the background story as well developed as it has been done in DeD. And coz of that I am looking forward to Wali and Faraa's story and also the interactions between Roohi and AJ. And yes acting wise everyone has been top notch and I have been awed by Abid Ali's acting and impressed by Mikaal too.

In d above post I just wanted to give my take on Sanam as Roohi and her performance.😳
..wanderer.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

same here ... started watching this show for sanam & haseeb hasan ,
about mikaal & sanam pairing i was having low expectations as i saw them in ''Ek Kasak ''
but in DeD mikaal &sanam as behrooz & ruhi took me as surprise i'm loving them
all there couplish scenes are just beautiful ...
i was not much happy knowing sanam is doing a mother role but sanam is sanam ,she gets into the skin of character so well
ruhi the daring girl fallen in love, the loving carrying wife ,now the strick mother ,i'm just loving sanam ... even though i was ittle disappointed seeing last 2 epis becasue sanam is not given much screen space or dialouges but as a good actor she made her impact ... the scene of behroz, ruhi aga jan sanam as ruhi was just amazing in her expressions without dialouges ..
i just loved that scene one of the best scenes of DeD

so far whatever i read & see about sanam she is not much concern about screen space or doing a lead role ... all she want strong,challenging role where she can perform
thats why i'm still hooked with the show ,how ruhi character will comeup
there are something store for us ...

i'm also impressed by the director haseeb hasan ... mikaal is amazing as behrooz, i loved the actor played soiab,
all actors are doing good job over all DeD is a awsome show ...
sanam is carrying the mother avatar gracefuly
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: simp

@ starstruckk :Have you watched Ali's "kuch rishte adhoore se"? I liked him in that drama too.

No, I haven't...is it any good? which show's better..mohabbat ab nahi hogi or this one?