Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Studio head demoted?

This head of this studio that has lost money on a lot of big films is under fire from the bosses sitting in the US. It is learnt that and a new head has been brought in and he is the one making the big decisions on what films to make and budgets, etc. This was urgently needed if this studio had to stay in business in Bollywood. So far, it has not made any big money-spinner.

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.aspx?id=78915&boxid=41406&ed_date=2015-05-19&ed_code=820004&ed_page=6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meherbaan thumbnail
This was very much need it, FINALLY ! they should have made this long time ago.
the biggest tag his commercial films could get was a semi-hit that's pathetic!

used the money horribly during the making of the film and tried saving some money during the promotions of their films and thought this would be a great marketing plan but it always backfired!!!!

briahna thumbnail
why fire the Fox. you can do as much promotions as you want for a movie, end of the day, if there is no entertainment in the movie, not well made, performed, etc, its going to bomb.
BV flopped cos the movie does not entertain. simple. spare fox and others please.
Edited by briahna - 9 years ago
Meherbaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

why fire the Fox. you can do as much promotions as you want for a movie, end of the day, if its there is not entertainment in the movie, not well made, performed, etc, its going to bomb.

BV flopped cos the movie does not entertain. simple. spare fox and others please.

it's not like they just made BV only ! 

They have made several films and all kind of films but almost all of them have not been hits forget blockbusters. 

briahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherbaan

it's not like they just made BV only ! 

They have made several films and all kind of films but almost all of them have not been hits forget blockbusters. 

do you seriously think humshakals and bv didn't get enough promotions. day in day out..on tv channels i saw the movie stars, directors, going on and on about their movies. and movie still fails. only movie i can think of today which didn't get enough promotion was dum laga ke haisa this year.

i just checked the movies from Fox, most of them deserved to be epic disasters. don't fool the janta please.

i really don't get this blame game...oh the audience didn't understand the movie, or the movie was not promoted well.

i am sick and tired of seeing movie stars and directors selling their movies on tv channels. 

really.
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good that he was fired .. he has no sense of putting money .. who gives 80 crores to a film like BV, Humshakals .. they were over-promoted but had bad content.
atominis thumbnail
Someone else makes a bore or rubbish film. But they are not affected.

These officials bear the brunt.

Kare koi aur, bharey koi aur.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: briahna

why fire the Fox. you can do as much promotions as you want for a movie, end of the day, if there is no entertainment in the movie, not well made, performed, etc, its going to bomb.

Problem isn't promotions. Problem is them green lighting and funding a 80-100cr project that didn't have a solid and meaningful or entertaining and paisa-vasool story that would ensure recovery. It's like giving a toddler paints in a white room. Kashyap needed to be told that his idea didn't deserve this scale because he had no solid story, point of clarity or even full-on entertainment to provide with it. Instead, they funded a budget this huge with Ranbir (who we all know doesn't have the guarantee of Khans) and let it spiral. That's why Fox and other production studios need to take some responsibility when it comes to budgeting or rather, they're going to bear the brunt when bad ideas like this come to fruition and are already learning as this article suggests. You don't give someone 100 cr knowing he's about to go and make a wet rag.
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Vijay Singh must be cursing ran- kat. Bang bang n bv did gang bang on fox star
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Why blame that poor chap? When a film has names like Karan Johar, Ranbir Kapoor & Anushka Sharma, all 3 had pretty good films on their resume, some being big hits, some getting critical acclaim, how can you not trust their nod on this project. Yes, AK doesn't have any blockbuster in his entire career, said this during the trailer also, budget would have been tighter it could have help recover the losses, but i would say many biggest hits in any kind of cinema involves RISK TAKING, which i guess that guy was doing, nothing else.