Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
@ILB: don't even bother. Let the rage sit within you & feel pity. It's absolutely terrifying & apalling & I am speechless to read so many such comments. And the people have the gall to talk about education & their many degrees & their intellect. WOW. Just. WOW- My default setting for everything that clubs me speechless.  Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 9 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

[ I have no idea what the context of that poster you claim to have seen was. Maybe it was about a custody battle and a Father's rights. Since pedophilia is considered a heinous crime all over the world I doubt it was a poster advocating for the rights of pedophiles as you are claiming.

To give the benefit of the doubt to Light_Year, there is an organization called the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA). They advocate abolishment of age of consent laws claiming boys are happy to be in such relationships with men and it is healthy. They have published content similar to that poster described. I think other countries have similar groups. There have been advocates for underage sex tourism in Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia too 

That being said, the organization is considered criminal. In 1978/79 LGBT groups were actually the first to shed light on NAMBLA and protest against them. By the late 90's police had conducted several raids and sting operations to arrest child molesters and traffickers within NAMBLA. It functions like a ghost organization with propaganda but very few open and visible members. They never gained traction. They always have and always will be deemed criminals. 

Originally posted by: princessunara

But just maybe its unfair to children whom they will adopt, as they r someone else's kids and those kids can have the option to grow up in a conservative family as it would be easier on them where this judgmental society is concerned..

Do kids really have a fair choice in choosing their parents? 

There are good and bad natural parents. There are good and bad adoptive parents. There are good and bad straight parents. There are good and bad gay parents. 

Parenting itself comes with its own set of unique challenges. I think it is unfair to preemptively say someone will be good, bad or unsuitable. 

Orphans need loving homes. I think we should let any stable law abiding citizen who wants to give them that a chance to. Doesn't matter gay/straight/single/married/divorced. 

At the same time all parents natural or adoptive should be equally monitored for child welfare and action taken if the child is not well cared for. 
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

To give the benefit of the doubt to Light_Year, there is an organization called the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA). They advocate abolishment of age of consent laws claiming boys are happy to be in such relationships with men and it is healthy. They have published content similar to that poster described. I think other countries have similar groups. There have been advocates for underage sex tourism in Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia too 

That being said, the organization is considered criminal. In 1978/79 LGBT groups were actually the first to shed light on NAMBLA and protest against them. By the late 90's police had conducted several raids and sting operations to arrest child molesters and traffickers within NAMBLA. It functions like a ghost organization with propaganda but very few open and visible members. They never gained traction. They always have and always will be deemed criminals. 

Sounds like an episode of Law & Order SVU.  I knew there were secret organizations and networks of pedophiles. But I had t heard of NAMBLA specifically. 

Unfortunately child po*n is a several million, if not billion, dollar industry. So there are people or groups who benefit from existence of pedophiles and their "organizations."  Not everyone has a conscience. 
Edited by IAmLuvBolly - 9 years ago
^^
It is. SVU had done a ripped from the headlines episode about a NAMBLA sting. That was how I first heard of the organization. 

Was one of the moments when you're shocked and disgusted to be a human. 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
@MEB: All hail the gossip queen. You know too much, I'm slightly scared to ask your sources. ðŸ˜† At this point, I just want you to start writing more and more of this stuff down. 
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Do kids really have a fair choice in choosing their parents? 

There are good and bad natural parents. There are good and bad adoptive parents. There are good and bad straight parents. There are good and bad gay parents. 

Parenting itself comes with its own set of unique challenges. I think it is unfair to preemptively say someone will be good, bad or unsuitable. 

Orphans need loving homes. I think we should let any stable law abiding citizen who wants to give them that a chance to. Doesn't matter gay/straight/single/married/divorced. 

At the same time all parents natural or adoptive should be equally monitored for child welfare and action taken if the child is not well cared for. 

I completely agree with u and that is pretty much what I have said in the very next lines  along with what u quoted above..

But just maybe its unfair to children whom they will adopt, as they r someone else's kids and those kids can have the option to grow up in a conservative family as it would be easier on them where this judgmental society is concerned..
But on the other hand it feels very unfair, if u genuinely are happy and stable with a same sex partner and wanna have a baby and be a family.. its a grey area.. i don't think there is really a right or a wrong in this arena, as same sex parents could prove to be best parents, much better than straight yet abusive parents..

I just meant, that the society is cruel.. the chances of a little kid being bullied over the orientation of the parents is higher.. But then if we keep bowing down to it, another teenager may commit suicide not being able to embrace his/her natural orientation.. so ya I think we just need to accept it as a part of the nature and think of each person as good bad human beings and not judge them suitable or not through only their orientation..

Originally posted by: ibelieveinpink

@MEB: All hail the gossip queen. You know too much, I'm slightly scared to ask your sources. ðŸ˜† At this point, I just want you to start writing more and more of this stuff down. 

Make MEB start a gossip blog. 

Start a campaign. 

Create a petition. 

I love her juicy stories. 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Make MEB start a gossip blog. 

Start a campaign. 

Create a petition. 

I love her juicy stories. 

She prob won't do it. I remember all the criticism she got when she shared stuff. SO much backlash even though I beleive she's right on nearly everything. It all fits. Maybe MEB is a BW insider and she's been fooling us all these years. ðŸ¤£
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ibelieveinpink

I actually don't know that much, not as much as you think I do. But what I do know I am sure of, I say. 

And it's not some wonder or secret that BW is full of gay men, the entertainment industry here or abroad is Rife with gay men!!! ðŸ˜†