Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
oh yes Im glad we'r not seeing Sohai these days
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Shabz and Ruky.. welcome to team anti-Mawra πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@Star: I get your point but again Mawra had her opportunities Yahaan Pyaar Nahi hai, Ahista Ahista and Ik tamanna la-hasil si were quite popular. right? But her acting right from YPNH hai too AA was same i-e monotonous.
Sanam Jhang started off as a really mediocre actress in D-e-M but if you look at her graph.. she is constantly improving.. So is Mahira.

Sarmad Khoosat, Haissam Hussein, Farhat Ishthiaq, Khalil Ur Rehman, Umera Ahmed, Asim Raza, Fawad Khan etc are the people that Mahira has worked with. Sanam Jung has worked with Umera Ahmed, Farhat Isthiaq, and Imran Abbas to name some. Who has Mawra worked with that assures audiences of some quality of work, or some reassurance that people may tune in? Saba Qamar? Faisal Qureshi? The projects that she has done with these folks are below the standards of Faisal or Saba let alone Mawra. Can anyone seriously compare the work that Mahira or Jung gets vs that which Mawra gets? Being popular does not necessarily mean quality. Yahaan Pyar Nahin Hai even for Saba Qamar's standards was a poor script but because it had Saba in it people took note. Ik tamanna la hasil si had Atif Hussain as the director and I'm not even sure who the writer was. Atif Hussain is famous for making soaps. Compare that to a Haissam or Sarmad. Mahira has worked with arguably some of the best writers and directors out there and is still merely "improving". She has also won countless awards for her performances, yet is still only improving. Sanam Jung also has an upperhand than Mawra. Even if Subh Ka Sitara was a poor script from Umera..every other Umera fan at the very least checked that show out because it had Umera's writing associated it to it. I felt the show had a poor script yet I tolerated Jung's annoying character and performance merely for Umera.

Point is all of that matters in the bigger picture for an actor. It helps one improve if they're not effortless..you push yourself to have the best extracted from you. Had Mahira not done a Shehr e Zaat, she probably wouldn't have learned as much as she has today Improving is one thing..being a natural actor is another. What I'm trying to get here is that in my opinion none of these actresses are effortless or natural (my opinion - anyone else can disagree). They all need improvement every step of the way and that could only happen if your career is shaped up like say - Mahira's. Otherwise, your career will end up like Mawra's even though you MAY have as much as talent as some of those who are more commercialized. All of Mawra's role are the same one dimensional ones where she's more or less the bechari and feels helpless. If you need improvement and acting isn't instinctive to you, such roles will never help. Not everyone is a Saba Qamar where you can star in a crappy show and still make it look extraordinary. Other than that, fair enough for us to agree to disagree..but this is how I see it.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

I watched the show post episode 14 last night, man that was slow and boring... Adeel Hussain was the only reason I continued, brilliant he was ☺️

Adeel n mikaal both were tremendous in subah ka sitara in their respective roles...if the last half of the show belonged to Adeel the first half defo belongs to mikaal...he was outstanding with nabeel and Sanam looked so good with BOTH of them
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What are the people of Bollywood smoking when they offer mediocre actresses like Mawra roles yet good actresses like Huma Qureshi don't get much? Seriously? Mawra of all people getting offers in Bollywood, what's up with that? There are actresses who are much much better than her.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@starstruck
i totally agree with you on the point that lots of stars become stars because of the pick of the assignment and the directors really make them the and mold them. As big of a hupla Mahira is ,i am not a huge fan of her. She had not had success that humsafar gave her, i am not sure about her acting skills. It is true for biggest stars anywhere in the world. There are lots of good actors but they never had a chance and poor chap gets a big rejection.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

What are the people of Bollywood smoking when they offer mediocre actresses like Mawra roles yet good actresses like Huma Qureshi don't get much? Seriously? Mawra of all people getting offers in Bollywood, what's up with that? There are actresses who are much much better than her.

Mawra going bolly may still be a rumor and even if she is offered any bolly film I m sure it's a b grade or c grade bolly movie which 'll never mk it to the theatres ...

Coming to hum a qureshi she did get films n roles whereas there r many actors n actresses who left being one film wonders...hum a i wud say lucky coz she does get work
I dont think she got any offers yet.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Star: I agree that its the choice of work and the director which can make you a star.. but then again my point remains the same that Mawra has done a lot of work since she has entered in the industry yet she has not shown any signs of improvement... and thats completely my point of view..
so, at best.. we can agree to disagree πŸ˜†

@Umz: I totally agree about Huma Qureshi.. for me she was the best thing about Badlapur.. totally a fan of her.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I m not a fan of Mawra's acting..her dialogue delivry for me can be much better.. But i liked her in shows i watched.. But then again i m not a fan..
Mahira.. Well i ACTUALLY started loving her as an actor after seeing her in Shehr e Zaat... Ufff.. N she had improved ALOT frm Hamsafar days at tht time i felt.. n to be very honest, ST is still bearable Only thans to Mahira.. (For people who still r watching it )

#MyPOV
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Since the topic is abt mawra ...jus wanted to share that her next show maryam with fq which coming next in geo looks grand...I guess it will replace iqra r...it 'll start by end of March