Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Prinzessin1

Ushna Shah should leave ASAP too, total put off personality off screen plus her dialogue delivery 🤢

Nah she is useful for doing scary roles 😆
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

the ones who are not mentioned 😆
those appear like once a year 😆 we wont be getting any dramas then
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If all the actors and actresses that people have mentioned take a break..might as well close all these channels. These are the actors that run all of these channels. There are only a few top actors left that still prefer to do television and haven't ran off to bollywood (yet) or try having some sort of balance between films and dramas. So, no matter how over exposed certain people are..they help keep these channels going. If not them, then you might as well bring in new VJs/singers/newbies etc and start recycling them.

On topic..Mawra isn't as bad as some people make her out to be. She's not easy on the eyes..but her performances aren't as bad as some people make them. She's not brilliant but she isn't horrendous either. She's as good as the likes of Mahira or Sanam Jung when it comes to performing. The latter are just more commercial and get better projects.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Are you for real? She is headed bollywood. Yuck. Good for tv but not bollywood. Not bashing her but sure not film material. Half the trash from indian tv is also headed in films. It's turning me away from desi tv to films now bollywood needs to recheck their standards. There has to be limit to imported garbage they get..
Starting with Katrina kaif
Usman. thumbnail
@Star: I dont think Mawra and Mahira are in the same league. Mahira is definitely better imo. Though, I dont rate Mahira that higher too.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thank God.. Urwa doesn't even do shows as often as this girl.. grrr..
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

Thank God.. Urwa doesn't even do shows as often as this girl.. grrr..

finally we are on the same page 😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

@Star: I dont think Mawra and Mahira are in the same league. Mahira is definitely better imo. Though, I dont rate Mahira that higher too.

Fair enough. I see it differently because...Mahira has worked with better directors and writers (and still doesn't make it to the top 5 actresses in Pakistan merely on her craft I'd say). She has an edge over some of the other actresses out there because of her being more recognized. However, personally I don't find Mahira anymore talented than some of the other actresses that do countless dramas at a time. Give Mawra any of the shows that Mahira Khan, Sanam Jung, or even Maya Ali are receiving and she'll get more easier on the eyes suddenly and may just become likable to others. Put Mahira or Sanam Jung in an average show and they won't be able to save it regardless. Sadqay and Subh Ka Sitara come to mind here. Even here they had big names associated to their respective shows..give them a show with nobodies on an ARY or Geo and judge those.

There's a reason why Mawra or even someone like Sumbal do so many projects. They don't get paid enough and aren't in demand as some of the top actresses. So, they work more to compensate for that...but they aren't horrendous. If they started focusing on quality more than quantity and became more recognized commercially, they'd be perceived differently. It's always the case. Sanam Jung is average at best in my opinion..yet because she's getting really good projects she's being perceived differently than some of her peers. However, compare her side by side with Mawra and Mawra may just edge her in many areas when it comes to acting. The only young actress that can do well without the backing of huge names is Sajjal. She hardly works for Humtv..hasn't worked with the biggest of directors or writers yet can act the pants off of some of our supposed top actresses...but not everyone is that lucky.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Fair enough. I see it differently because...Mahira has worked with better directors and writers (and still doesn't make it to the top 5 actresses in Pakistan merely on her craft I'd say). She has an edge over some of the other actresses out there because of her being more recognized. However, personally I don't find Mahira anymore talented than some of the other actresses that do countless dramas at a time. Give Mawra any of the shows that Mahira Khan, Sanam Jung, or even Maya Ali are receiving and she'll get more easier on the eyes suddenly and may just become likable to others. Put Mahira or Sanam Jung in an average show and they won't be able to save it regardless. Sadqay and Subh Ka Sitara come to mind here. Even here they had big names associated to their respective shows..give them a show with nobodies on an ARY or Geo and judge those.

There's a reason why Mawra or even someone like Sumbal do so many projects. They don't get paid enough and aren't in demand as some of the top actresses. So, they work more to compensate for that...but they aren't horrendous. If they started focusing on quality more than quantity and became more recognized commercially, they'd be perceived differently. It's always the case. Sanam Jung is average at best in my opinion..yet because she's getting really good projects she's being perceived differently than some of her peers. However, compare her side by side with Mawra and Mawra may just edge her in many areas when it comes to acting. The only young actress that can do well without the backing of huge names is Sajjal. She hardly works for Humtv..hasn't worked with the biggest of directors or writers yet can act the pants off of some of our supposed top actresses...but not everyone is that lucky.

BESTEST COMMENT...AGREE WITH EACH N EVERY WORD