Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
It was a twist in the tail and I was expecting a Vibha Wedding
but on the hindside when I thought of it, marriage is not the be all and end all of life is it?

If one man breaks your heart it doesnt mean you need a new partner

friendship is a good thing. Everytime we need not think the traditional way
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -Gitanjali-

It was a twist in the tail and I was expecting a Vibha Wedding

but on the hindside when I thought of it, marriage is not the be all and end all of life is it?

If one man breaks your heart it doesnt mean you need a new partner

friendship is a good thing. Everytime we need not think the traditional way

Marriage was the expected ending I guess .. me too expected a marriage because thats how most shows end with a happy ending kind of vibe 😆 .. but off late shows r ending in a different way ... CVs r giving it open ends which can b left to our imagination .. In fact the other show I watch humsafars too got a open end with both leads walking out of the house to start a new journey .. we dunno where they go or how they will survive , its left to our imagination ... ADHY too got similar ending when it comes to Shobha's journey which just started and we dunno where she will go from here on .. she may or may not marry Vikram in future .. its left to our imagination ...
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Jyo for a wonderful post & lovely collage by Shewta .. 👏 👏 ..
I saw this show thri Vikram's eyes & loved his love for Shobha.. Finally it was Shobha's decision & she made her thoughts clear as she was quite overloaded with her own family pblms & need to make a clear mind for her future needs space & time n the wavelenght of feelings to Justify Vikram's love which is extremely scaled & perfect.
Room for future seasons is always a reason to leave us in an imagination zone..

My Love Vikram Ahuja & his rocking Naani !!

Hope Apurva is back soon in another show my only reason to watch hindi shows..

This show is a valued asset in understanding core human dynamics Lessons of Love & Life!!
#ADHY simple deep rooted bible of Life & Values !! 👏

Edited by shanti05 - 9 years ago
807116 thumbnail
I partially agree with your post. Can't dispute with the last episode. It Shobha suddenly found her love in last episode, it would have been most abrupt. Even if she had declared, she always had the feeling but never expressed before, viewers would have felt cheated; they never saw that attraction in her towards Vikram.
My complaints were for the episodes that were aired before, which did not bother to build the ViBha relation, instead concentrated to show scheming bother-sister duo. The last shows I watched only because, I knew that the show is ending soon, otherwise I had lost the interest long before. (The two shows I used to watch ended almost together. In the other one, last episodes were the best ones. Here, they were one of the worse, which otherwise was a fine serial).
My first complaint; flat growth in Shobha's character in spite of her tall claims. She claimed herself to be independent. But we never really saw an independent Shobha (except her decision of not marrying Vikram). She was always dependent on Vikram for her decision. When Samarth came, she went back because Vikram told her so. She decided to leave her job because Samarth told her so. Where is the independent woman here? Tell me, which is one intelligent decision she took independently? Then on what basis she declared, she is independent? Nothing wrong with that declaration. But makers should have worked towards that decision.
Second complaint. She thought, she has to remain independent for the time being, fine. But apart from seeing Vikram as friend, her mind never wandered even for a minute. This I felt was the most unrealistic portrayal. This is why I compared and said, why I could connect more with Shashi Godbole than Shobha, though she also never went with Laurent (https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4313280 ) .
Lastly Sonali's acting. Obviously, she looked very convincing when she just had to look classy and dignified in the beginning; which is just being herself. ( https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4223417?pn=4 ) But when she had to show anger or betrayal, her acting was not up to the mark.
Earlier, I had a similar experience with Kajol. I used to feel she was a great actress. But she was just being herself (bubbly, cheerful). Whenever she tried to enact the roles which was unlike her (my name is Khan), her acting looked flat. I realised it ten years later, after watching other actresses in Kahani, Black and Burfi. No doubt, Sonali is one of the most beautiful actress of her generation, but she is not the best actress.
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanti05

Thanks Jyo for a wonderful post & lovely collage by Shewta .. 👏 👏 ..
I saw this show thri Vikram's eyes & loved his love for Shobha.. Finally it was Shobha's decision & she made her thoughts clear as she was quite overloaded with her own family pblms & need to make a clear mind for her future needs space & time n the wavelenght of feelings to Justify Vikram's love which is extremely scaled & perfect.
Room for future seasons is always a reason to leave us in an imagination zone..

My Love Vikram Ahuja & his rocking Naani !!

Hope Apurva is back soon in another show my only reason to watch hindi shows..

This show is a valued asset in understanding core human dynamics Lessons of Love & Life!!
#ADHY simple deep rooted bible of Life & Values !! 👏

I know Shanti that u hv always watched and analysed the show from Vikram's POV but I feel somewhere the makers of this show wanted to conclude the show from Shobha's POV and thats why we never saw what emotions Vikram actually went through when Shobha refused his proposal which I wish we could see if mayb we got a episode this Friday ...

Just few mins back Vikram was happy to marry Shobha and then she refuses him for reasons which r valid from her POV .. Obviously there is a heartbreak somewhere which he wont show in open but I wanted to see when mayb he is with his Nani or alone .. They never showed it mayb because like Ekta said its Shobha from whose POV the story is seen .. so well ...

For this above reason I will prefer a season 2 where mayb I could also see the story from Vikram's POV and write about it .. I do hope the makers consider it ...
Edited by jyoti06 - 9 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyfood

I partially agree with your post. Can't dispute with the last episode. It Shobha suddenly found her love in last episode, it would have been most abrupt. Even if she had declared, she always had the feeling but never expressed before, viewers would have felt cheated; they never saw that attraction in her towards Vikram.

My complaints were for the episodes that were aired before, which did not bother to build the ViBha relation, instead concentrated to show scheming bother-sister duo. The last shows I watched only because, I knew that the show is ending soon, otherwise I had lost the interest long before. (The two shows I used to watch ended almost together. In the other one, last episodes were the best ones. Here, they were one of the worse, which otherwise was a fine serial).
My first complaint; flat growth in Shobha's character in spite of her tall claims. She claimed herself to be independent. But we never really saw an independent Shobha (except her decision of not marrying Vikram). She was always dependent on Vikram for her decision. When Samarth came, she went back because Vikram told her so. She decided to leave her job because Samarth told her so. Where is the independent woman here? Tell me, which is one intelligent decision she took independently? Then on what basis she declared, she is independent? Nothing wrong with that declaration. But makers should have worked towards that decision.
Second complaint. She thought, she has to remain independent for the time being, fine. But apart from seeing Vikram as friend, her mind never wandered even for a minute. This I felt was the most unrealistic portrayal. This is why I compared and said, why I could connect more with Shashi Godbole than Shobha, though she also never went with Laurent (https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4313280 ) .
Lastly Sonali's acting. Obviously, she looked very convincing when she just had to look classy and dignified in the beginning; which is just being herself. ( https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4223417?pn=4 ) But when she had to show anger or betrayal, her acting was not up to the mark.
Earlier, I had a similar experience with Kajol. I used to feel she was a great actress. But she was just being herself (bubbly, cheerful). Whenever she tried to enact the roles which was unlike her (my name is Khan), her acting looked flat. I realised it ten years later, after watching other actresses in Kahani, Black and Burfi. No doubt, Sonali is one of the most beautiful actress of her generation, but she is not the best actress.

Very interesting points made here 👏👏

Actually if u read my last para , I did say this about the previous episodes which never really made any effort to build up ViBha relation ... I m quoting that para again here for u which I wrote in the end of my post

"Was this how CVs planned it ... Its debatable .. I do believe CVs had planned a ViBha love story initially as I still remember Garima's Cindrella story to Shobha where she told Shobha how her true love or her prince charming is yet to come in her life .. So going by that theory I feel love track was planned but by the time CVs wanted to show that love track , 120 episodes already got over and Sonali dint wanted to renew her contract further .. So well CVs had to end it this way I guess 🤔 ... Only mistake CVs did here is taking too long to start the ViBha love track and so by the time they might hv planned it , Sonali gave them a shock by refusing to renew her contract 😆... Guess its a lesson to b learnt for the CVs that if u start a show with finite series , then stick to it and plan accordingly , dont expect your actors to extend their contracts midway "

This is what I wrote in the end of my post .. So I do agree that CVs wasted lot of time in showing how Samarth and Sarika r plotting against ViBha instead of concentrating on ViBha's relation or their bonding or at least making some attempt to show that Shobha in her lonely life can feel that attraction at least once for Vikram too who is nevethless an attractive male after all ...

Coming to your comparison with Sashi Godbole , I hv seen that movie too and its one of the most realistic portrayal of a housewife in a long time .. Sridevi was fab in that movie 👏👏 ,. I do agree that for a split second her mind did wander and she did feel that fatal attraction towards that Gora guy ... She then returns back to her real life and like u said her husband was not a horrible man like Samarth .. its just that she was being neglected due to her language problem which she eventually overcomes ..

Coming to Shobha , yes they could hv shown the above mayb 50-60 episodes back when they took that 6 months leap .. that was the best time to show such attraction coming from Shobha instead of shifting focus to Sarika .. But they lost that opportunity and then once Samarth was back in Shobha's life , there was no way Shobha could focus on anything else other than her own life's issues ... so well ..

Also one difference between Shashi Godbole and Shobha could b the baggages and fears that Shobha was carrying throughout , something which Shashi Godbole never carried in the film .. Fears in the sense the fear of loosing the custody of her kids , the fear of being proved characterless by her husband etc etc ... I dont think Shashi Godbole carried any such fears .. her only fear was being neglected by her family because she could not speak english .. so once she overcomes that fear , it was all fine in her life ... That way Shobha's life was more complicated and messed up and this could b one of the reason why she had no time to think about her other desires in her life ... But like I said post 6 months leap when Samarth was still in jail and she was enjoying her new job and freedom , CVs could hv shown this fatal attraction track which they missed it completely ..

I agree about the growth in Shobha's character .. though she was independent the day she took up a job but somewhere she could not really progress with her independence as time and again I felt she fell weak somewhere because of her weakness towards her kids ..this to b honest is realistic when we come across women in everyday life but in fiction stories we do expect a more strong portrayal of today's independent woman as a show is suppose to set an example and not really follow the herd ..

About the acting part , I felt Sonali in most scenes was convincing and underplayed her role instead of going OTT but again I respect your view on this ..

Edited by jyoti06 - 9 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: jyoti06

I know Shanti that u hv always watched and analysed the show from Vikram's POV but I feel somewhere the makers of this show wanted to conclude the show from Shobha's POV and thats why we never saw what emotions Vikram actually went through when Shobha refused his proposal which I wish we could see if mayb we got a episode this Friday ...

Just few mins back Vikram was happy to marry Shobha and then she refuses him for reasons which r valid from her POV .. Obviously there is a heartbreak somewhere which he wont show in open but I wanted to see when mayb he is with his Nani or alone .. They never showed it mayb because like Ekta said its Shobha from whose POV the story is seen .. so well ...

For this above reason I will prefer a season 2 where mayb I could also see the story from Vikram's POV and write about it .. I do hope the makers consider it ...

jyo, one thing which hit me hard was she at once pulled the second trigger of friendship & threw it out of the window , that was a bigger gun shot on Vikram than even the rejection of his marriage proposal!!
Its Vikrams enormous heart & magnanimity that he knew maybe somewhere he was heading for rejection yet he always kept the friendship & to be standing by her happiness !!

Whatever Shobha's character goodness she carried & the cvs wanted to show the good wife the family lady graph of her n focusing on the insependent woman status there are dips when it is dealing with relationship with other good human beings who is a male & pure at heart & mind n soul..
Beleief trust faith did'nt seem to rule her that well when she was capable to hold on to it & nurture it when a man like Vikram was around .

That part was totally out of context .. Vikram healing that sentence qith his beautiful words of value seemed overwhelming as a viewer but the effect seemed less from Shobha somewhere...
Millerrr88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I'm glad she didnt go with the marriage because she wasn't on the same page as vikram because both will be unhappy
...& will always be there for her n fam 😃
I kinda feel bad for vikram tho rather than shoba...
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanti05

jyo, one thing which hit me hard was she at once pulled the second trigger of friendship & threw it out of the window , that was a bigger gun shot on Vikram than even the rejection of his marriage proposal!!
Its Vikrams enormous heart & magnanimity that he knew maybe somewhere he was heading for rejection yet he always kept the friendship & to be standing by her happiness !!

Whatever Shobha's character goodness she carried & the cvs wanted to show the good wife the family lady graph of her n focusing on the insependent woman status there are dips when it is dealing with relationship with other good human beings who is a male & pure at heart & mind n soul..
Beleief trust faith did'nt seem to rule her that well when she was capable to hold on to it & nurture it when a man like Vikram was around .

That part was totally out of context .. Vikram healing that sentence qith his beautiful words of value seemed overwhelming as a viewer but the effect seemed less from Shobha somewhere...

I understand what u mean Shanti .. at one point I felt it too that they could hv shown a little more progress in Shobha's character especially when it comes to her bonding with Vikram ... thats what initial promos of the show suggested too ... In fact those promos showing a perfect cup of coffee dint really reflect on just Shobha's journey as a woman but it sort of indicated ViBha's journey as friends .. this part was not well developed in the show for some reason ..

I too dint like when she said we should break our friendship so easily ... I understand that she felt a bit guilty here refusing him for marriage and mayb thought she is not worthy of his friendship too but in their relationship it was always about her or what she thinks ...she never really considered what he might think or what kind of emotions he might carry after her refusal ...

In the end I feel CVs wanted to show for Shobha , her kids always remained her top priority and she never really thought about Vikram .. Vikram was always someone she looked upto with respect but thats about it ... she was never really emotionally attached to him like she was attached to her family and kids ...
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Millerrr88

I'm glad she didnt go with the marriage because she wasn't on the same page as vikram because both will be unhappy

...& will always be there for her n fam 😃
I kinda feel bad for vikram tho rather than shoba...

Yes I felt for Vikram more too .. Shobha has her kids who will b her future ... Vikram's future will remain lonely again ... sighh .. yet he does not complain and accepts her decision with a smile ... so yes your heart does go out to him more here ..