Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Hes better in this one :P

The director here is Mehreen Jabbar..Imran and her do so well together. Mehreen brings out the best in the likes of Adeel Hussain and Imran in my opinion.

By the way, I think I'm one of the few people here who isn't that big of a fan of Imran Abbas and Sanam Jung's jodi.
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I am surprised by the way how Imran Abbas totally charms me on Fridays and bores me on Wednesdays 😆 He is simply wonderful as Yousuf and the show is so well made in all its technicalities. As Star says, he has that boyish charm in him when he plays Yousuf.

Example -

I just love this shot of him, this slightly phula hua munh, as he sits all grumpily and checks his watch with this bharam wala, haq jatane wala gussa and looks at Zuleka, taking his time within the limited time to set the mood for his interrogation. I know it's wrong to compare two vastly different shows but since Imran is common in them I am just talking about it. Hadi seems too been-there, done-that type of a hero...there's no novelty in him. Yousuf on the other hand though...one can watch him all day and not get bored
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

I am surprised by the way how Imran Abbas totally charms me on Fridays and bores me on Wednesdays 😆 He is simply wonderful as Yousuf and the show is so well made in all its technicalities. As Star says, he has that boyish charm in him when he plays Yousuf.

Example -

I just love this shot of him, this slightly phula hua munh, as he sits all grumpily and checks his watch with this bharam wala, haq jatane wala gussa and looks at Zuleka, taking his time within the limited time to set the mood for his interrogation. I know it's wrong to compare two vastly different shows but since Imran is common in them I am just talking about it. Hadi seems too been-there, done-that type of a hero...there's no novelty in him. Yousuf on the other hand though...one can watch him all day and not get bored

Agreed. Imran has this boyish charm which really works in his favor when he portrays certain characters. The same thing worked for him when he did Malaal..funny enough, Mehreen directed him there too.

And, I absolutely love this scene! It was brilliantly enacted, directed and written. I love how they started off the scene for starters...the way Yousuf sneaks in with his hood on...😆 and then I LOVE, LOVE the part where he tries doing parda (as you said earlier..trying to hide his face with his hoodie ..that literally had me laughing out loud 😆). The way Hajra was sort of fangirling over him (reminded me of how Sidra would fangirl over Zaroon), and the fact that SHE seemed more delighted in seeing him than the girl who he came to see. 😆 Further, the way Yousuf takes his sweet, precious time to say whatever he had to say when Zulekha clearly gives him one minute to speak..😆. I loved how he just randomly grabs a chair, makes himself feel comfortable..takes nearly a minute to finally get settled and only then speaks. Everything was perfect. Basically, Imran acted effortlessly throughout this scene and it more or less sealed the notion that he makes Yousuf rather charming and was the best choice for this role. I'm not sure what he's doing in Alvida or how that show is (I'm still going to watch it later 😆)..but, I'm so glad that Imran took up this show. It'll go down as one of his memorable performances. I'm already rating Yousuf alongside Jawad from Malaal..well maybe a little below it for now 😆..I absolutely LOVE Jawad.
starstruckk thumbnail
lol I love how he also said "main ghair nahin hoon, Zulekha..main Yousuf hoon"

LOLL this guy literally thinks she is his. 😆
starstruckk thumbnail
I already feel sad thinking of what I'll do when this show ends.

I think this is the first show that I've genuinely fallen in love with after Kankar.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I already feel sad thinking of what I'll do when this show ends.

I think this is the first show that I've genuinely fallen in love with after Kankar.

Watch the Saba mikaal zahid show

And better watch diyar e dil now.

U hv no idea what u r missing out

Watch live with us

then we can hv all the fun

I still can't believe u r not watching diyar e dil and alivida
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
^I just hope the show continues to make me love it! KUR shows tend to go super astray in the latter half and no amount of great dialogues can then salvage the story 😳

GOD! The hoodie bit! 🤣 He was literally biting the hoodie like typical woman..these little details made me love the scene so much more. Yousuf being all chilled and at home while Zulekha fumed in anger. "Arey beth jao na!" Such a hatke interpretation of the scene. Yousuf is the one who's on the verge of being caught and beaten to death and it's Yousuf who asks Zulekha to sit down and calmly listen him out. Bande ka confidence tou check karo 😆

This scene was all kinds of love really. Zulekha's anger, Yousuf's confidence, Hajra's fangirliness...everything was just perfect. And of course, the MJ magic with the whole setting of the scene. AND THE DIALOGUES!!

"Samajh lena apni shaadi pe tum ne jaan ki salami le li."

It's the way Yousuf totally wears his heart on the sleeve. There's nothing hidden behind any veils when it comes to his love. Jo dil mein hai wo zubaan pe aur wo hi harkaton mein. It's pretty romantic on one side and quite scary on the other. I loved the way his father made him realize that love also demands that your partner be respected all these harkatein will only work against Zulekha's character, phir chaahe uski galti ho na ho.

I also think Maya plays a fantastic Zulekha. Putting her slight lisp problem aside, she emotes really. I loved her performance in last week and this week's episode. Zulekha getting affected by Yousuf for the first time. The shock of realization seeping in that there's a guy out there taking all the hits on his body like an animal only because he claims to be in love with her. It's enough to shake anyone up. She doesn't love him yet but he's slowly occupying space in her life and heart and it would only grow...
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I luv Imran in ALVIDA too
.he is so perfect as hadi as well

. M so impressed with Imran given he kept both hadi and. Yousuf so separate that I forget it's the same actor
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

^I just hope the show continues to make me love it! KUR shows tend to go super astray in the latter half and no amount of great dialogues can then salvage the story 😳

GOD! The hoodie bit! 🤣 He was literally biting the hoodie like typical woman..these little details made me love the scene so much more. Yousuf being all chilled and at home while Zulekha fumed in anger. "Arey beth jao na!" Such a hatke interpretation of the scene. Yousuf is the one who's on the verge of being caught and beaten to death and it's Yousuf who asks Zulekha to sit down and calmly listen him out. Bande ka confidence tou check karo 😆

This scene was all kinds of love really. Zulekha's anger, Yousuf's confidence, Hajra's fangirliness...everything was just perfect. And of course, the MJ magic with the whole setting of the scene. AND THE DIALOGUES!!

"Samajh lena apni shaadi pe tum ne jaan ki salami le li."

It's the way Yousuf totally wears his heart on the sleeve. There's nothing hidden behind any veils when it comes to his love. Jo dil mein hai wo zubaan pe aur wo hi harkaton mein. It's pretty romantic on one side and quite scary on the other. I loved the way his father made him realize that love also demands that your partner be respected all these harkatein will only work against Zulekha's character, phir chaahe uski galti ho na ho.

I also think Maya plays a fantastic Zulekha. Putting her slight lisp problem aside, she emotes really. I loved her performance in last week and this week's episode. Zulekha getting affected by Yousuf for the first time. The shock of realization seeping in that there's a guy out there taking all the hits on his body like an animal only because he claims to be in love with her. It's enough to shake anyone up. She doesn't love him yet but he's slowly occupying space in her life and heart and it would only grow...

I'm hoping that with Mehreen on board that this show won't lose its way. None of KUR's other shows have had directors of such stature on board...and I feel that makes a huge difference. Hoping for the best, but lets see. 😆

Oh yes..the nuances used in that scene were amazing! All the little details in that scene made it stand out so much more. I also love how Yousuf could care less about anything going on around him. He just does what his heart tells him to...and in a very endearing, subtle way. At the same time, you're kind of always scared for the guy..since his life always seems to be on the line. 😆 And I loved that scene between him and his father. His perspective on all of this is so true. Yousuf in between has forgotten how this may affect Zulekha's reputation or her family's. It's not even his fault to be honest..I feel Zulekha's obnoxious father and brother took it too far by having him get beaten up for really no reason at all. Yousuf only admitted to loving Zulekha..which isn't criminal of him at all.

I feel Maya's character is still developing. I'm expecting her to show us much more potential in coming episodes because now she's starting to feel these conflicting emotions and sooner or later she'll fall in love with Yousuf and from there on, who knows where she'll end up. So, there's a lot more to look forward to as far as Maya's performance is concerned. I like Maya even though I do admit her lisp has bothered me in this show..but the fact that her and Imran look adorable together and have chemistry makes me overlook a lot of things. I particularly loved her in that scene where she speaks up against her father. She was great there and I like how KUR decided to write that scene. I was sure Zulekha wasn't ever going to stand up for her say..but, she did..which I was pleasantly surprised with. I need more Yousuf and Zulekha episodes. I hope the ones we see in the OST aren't the only Zulekha-Yousuf scenes in store for us.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Watch the Saba mikaal zahid show

And better watch diyar e dil now.

U hv no idea what u r missing out

Watch live with us

then we can hv all the fun

I still can't believe u r not watching diyar e dil and alivida

@ bold: lol, lets see when it airs first.
but yeah, can't wait to discuss that show. 😆