ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago
This scene was hilarious
I so wish the show was aired in Ary or geo at least and get the deserved trps
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Did anyone find it hilarious how Imran Mugheez gets away with how HE punched Yousuf first? LOL..everyone forgot that part at the police station. 😆
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

I like this one too ...Yousuf is CUTE so far 😆

I loved this part too! 😆 I love Yousuf.

starstruckk thumbnail
As someone else mentioned here..what's this fascination of Khalil Ur Rehman's where the guy is always struggling to get the girl he falls in love with? 😆 I personally feel Yousuf will end up marrying Madiha.
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
The show is getting better every episode... just loving it!!
starstruckk thumbnail
I have a question for everyone out of curiosity.

If you guys were in Zulekha's place and a Yousuf came after you out of the blue..how would you respond to him? Let's not forget how Yousuf feels there is a connection because of there names..and that's what led him to feel attracted to Zulekha in the beginning. Zulekha doesn't feel the same way.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
What's the connection between the names yousuf and zulekha
Is there any lovestory in history with such names
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

What's the connection between the names yousuf and zulekha

Is there any lovestory in history with such names

Yes, Abby...there's a reason why Yousuf is fascinated with Zulekha..they are using connotations from Prophet Yousuf and Zulekha's story.Yousuf feels they are meant to be because of their names. Otherwise, he barely knows her at this point. Back in Islamic history. A woman named Zulekha fell in love with Prophet Yousuf. Prophet Yousuf was considered one of the most beautiful men God had ever created. Zulekha fell for Prophet Yousuf despite already being married. Read this:

-------------------------------------------

Zulaikha - From the Story of Yusuf Alayhi Salaam

Bismillahir Rahmaneer Raheem

Zulaikha is a name that many sisters may be unfamiliar with. She was the wife of the Azeez: a kind man who purchased Prophet Yusuf (alayhi salaam) from slave traders. He went on to bring up Yusuf (alayhi salaam) as a son, feeding him, clothing him and tending to his needs. His wife Zulaikha was young, beautiful and wealthy. She was of a high status and well respected within the community. It would even be fair to say that she had it all. There are lessons to be learnt from the woman who dared to try to seduce the blessed Prophet Yusuf (alayhi salaam).

Before considering the lessons, let us first explore the story of Prophet Yusuf (alayhi salaam). Indeed Yusuf (alayhi salaam) was greatly tested by Allah (subhanahu wata'aala). His father, Prophet Ya'qoob (alayhi salaam) loved him over all of his brothers, alongside his other son Benyameen (Benjamin). Such good treatment of the two brothers, who shared a mother, over the other ten led to the other brothers harbouring a jealousy for Yusuf (alayhi salaam). This manifested itself into a plan of evil action to kill the favoured son, in the hope of gaining their father's affection. Alhamdulillah, the brothers then settled on simply faking his death, and they left Yusuf (alayhi salaam) alone to fend for himself in the bottom of a well.

Yusuf (alayhi salaam) was found by some travellers who came to the well looking for water. They soon realized the potential of profit and so intended to sell him as a slave. The Azeez, a minister in Egypt responsible for supplies, purchased Yusuf (alayhi salaam) and took him home. It is here that he was introduced to Zulaikha.

The Azeez appointed Yusuf (alayhi salaam) as Zulaikha's personal assistant. He was honest and carried out all of his responsibilities wholeheartedly. This impressed the Azeez, as did the maturity that Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) granted the Prophet. Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) also granted him(alayhi salaam) a handsome face. His appearance was of great beauty and would catch any eye and so it did those of Zulaikha. In fact, the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) says in a hadith:

"When I met Yusuf (alayhi salaam), I saw that Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) has blessed him with half of the beauty of the whole world, while the other half has been spread over the rest of it" (Muslim).

Zulaikha was in awe of Prophet Yusuf's physical appearance. She became obsessed and lustful. Despite all the status, wealth and power that she had, she was struck with love for Yusuf (alayhi salaam), to the extent that she had forgotten herself and suffered sleepless nights. And so this lust drove her to temptation.

And she, in whose house he was, sought to seduce him. She closed the doors and said, "Come, you." He said, "[I seek] the refuge of Allah. Indeed, he is my master, who has made good my residence. Indeed, wrongdoers will not succeed." (12:23)

She intended to seduce him, such was the passion she felt for Yusuf (alayhi salaam). Interpretations of the Qur'an mention that Zulaikha's advances may have tempted Yusuf (alayhi salaam), had it not been for Allah's (subhanahu wata'aala) guidance. Nonetheless, he resisted and warned Zulaikha of the crime she was going to commit. He ran from her and she followed. As he reached the door, in an attempt to pull him back she tore his shirt from behind. It was at that point they found the Azeez stood at the bedroom door. Zulaikha asserted that Yusuf (alayhi salaam) had attempted to seduce her, whereas he claimed innocence. Alhamdulillah a wise relative of Zulaikha mentioned that as Yusuf's (alayhi salaam) shirt had been torn from the back it was clear that he was speaking the truth. The Azeez, outraged, asked Yusuf (alayhi salaam) to forgive the matter and demanded his wife to apologise.

The news spread like wildfire and Zulaikha became known as the town's scandal! To seek relations with slaves when in such a high position was thoroughly frowned upon. This angered Zulaikha and so she set to justify her affections for Yusuf (alayhi salaam).

So when she heard of their scheming, she sent for them and prepared for them a banquet and gave each one of them a knife and said [to Joseph], "Come out before them." And when they saw him, they greatly admired him and cut their hands and said, "Perfect is Allah! This is not a man; this is none but a noble angel. She said, "That is the one about whom you blamed me. And I certainly sought to seduce him, but he firmly refused; and if he will not do what I order him, he will surely be imprisoned and will be of those debased."' (12: 31-32)

She set the women a task of preparing fruit with sharp knives and had instructed Yusuf (alayhi salaam) to enter the room at that point. Upon seeing him, the women were in awe over his beauty to the point that they began to cut their hands and failed to realize the pain! They were able to understand Zulaikha now, claiming Yusuf's (alayhi salaam) beauty to be inhuman and that of an angel. And so Zulaikha proceeded to threaten him, presenting the ultimatum that he either give in to her advances or be imprisoned. And with the strength of a Prophet, Yusuf (alayhi salaam) chose prison over fornication.

He said, "My Lord, prison is more to my liking than that to which they invite me. And if You do not avert from me their plan, I might incline toward them and [thus] be of the ignorant."' (12:33)

He was sent to prison and resided there for many years due to the absent-mindedness of a cell-mate. He was eventually released, however, due to having correctly interpreted a dream of the King's, a gift that Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) had bestowed upon him. The King granted him an important role taking care of the storehouses, but before his work began, Yusuf (alayhi salaam) wished to clarify his innocence. And so the King brought to question the women, including Zulaikha.

Said [the king to the women], "What was your condition when you sought to seduce Joseph?" They said, "Perfect is Allah! We know about him no evil." The wife of al-Azeez said, "Now the truth has become evident. It was I who sought to seduce him, and indeed, he is of the truthful."' (12:51)

The women revealed that they knew of Yusuf (alayhi salaam) committing no wrong. Zulaikha, aware that the truth had come out, was forced to admit her lies. She was humiliated not only in front of her husband, but also in front of the town's women and King. Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) had revealed her actions to all. Following this, Yusuf (alayhi salaam) was appointed Minister and was later reunited with his brothers, who were forced to humble themselves to him, and also with his beloved father.

Lessons

1. Lower Your Gaze

Often we are under the impression that this warning exists only for men, whose eyes may naturally wander. We are constantly warned of their sexual nature. This doesn't mean, however, that women don't also have their own desires and that their own gaze does not at times wander. In fact, in Surah An-Nur, ayah thirty and thirty-one, Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) commands both the believing men and women to lower their gaze and to protect their private parts. And so we must ensure that we women also obey Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) by looking away.

2. Heed Warnings That Appear Before Sinning

"We have not sent down to you the Qur'an that you be distressed. But only as a reminder for those who fear [Allah]." (20: 2-3)

The Qur'an has been sent to us a reminder of Allah (subhanahu wata'aala). It serves as a reminder of the joys awaiting those who have led their lives in sincere obedience, but also of the punishment awaiting those who disobey Him. Ultimately this is a preventive measure for sinning. Some believers are blessed enough to be given reminders of Allah subhanahu wata'aala before they sin. This may come through sincere companions or signs that appear to us. It is paramount that we heed these warnings to reconsider any misdeeds we are about to commit.

Zulaikha was reminded three times by Yusuf (alayhi salaam). He began by reminding her to fear Allah subhanahu wata'aala. He then reminded her of her husband and the goodness that he had done, and then finally warned her that wrongdoers are always bought to account. Zulaikha failed to stop herself, which further demonstrates the passion she felt for Yusuf (alayhi salaam). But this is a note to us that should we ever be blessed with a reminder of Allah (subhanahu wata'aala), we must open our hearts and repent.

3. Constantly Re-evaluate and Assess Your Faith

Similar to the previous lesson, keeping our faith in check will only ever aid us in keeping on the straight path and keeping in obedience to Allah (subhanahu wata'aala). In order to do this we must educate ourselves in matters of the deen so that are nafs (desires) become in line with that which Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) loves and hates. Insha Allah it is through this knowledge that we will develop taqwa (consciousness of Allah subhanahu wata'aala) and we will seek reminders of Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) which will prevent us from straying.

Conclusion

Zulaikha reminds us of why it is important that we protect ourselves from temptations. The thought that we can be so overridden with lust, if we do not keep our hearts sweet with faith, is scary. We must fill our lives with reminders of Allah (subhanahu wata'aala) so we can develop a strong character which can resist temptation like that of Yusuf (alayhi salaam).

Written by Anonymous

Edited by Ruqayyah Hameed

http://momentsofperfectclarity.org/808/

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
FatedSoulMates thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I have a question for everyone out of curiosity.

If you guys were in Zulekha's place and a Yousuf came after you out of the blue..how would you respond to him? Let's not forget how Yousuf feels there is a connection because of there names..and that's what led him to feel attracted to Zulekha in the beginning. Zulekha doesn't feel the same way.

Nice question 😊

Well if I am putting myself in Zulekha's place & a Yousuf were to come after me depending on what vibes the guy gives out & where does he stand on the creep o meter, things can go in one of two ways. Either I completely listen to my realistic, practical thinking and punch the guy in the face & get him warned off by the pahalwan in my family OR I listen to my romantic, believer in fate/destiny side & give the guy a chance & get to know him basharte there is some connection/sign or chemistry to begin with. Does that make any sense or did I just ramble a bit more than normal?? 😆

Also Thank you so much for sharing those details about Prophet Yusuf & Zulekha 😊