Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Emmjay

Oh and I m still having a hard time with seeing Imran as the lead of this drama. I think they should have gone for someone like Danish Taimoor.

Danish as Yousuf? no way (and I like Danish).

I don't see anyone pulling off Yousuf as convincingly as Imran honestly. There's this innocence and charming quality about Yousuf that Imran can pull off effortlessly...Danish or anyone else for that matter would not have been able to do so. You should watch the show further to understand Yousuf..and further see who would be able to pull it off.

-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Danish as Yousuf? no way (and I like Danish).

I don't see anyone pulling off Yousuf as convincingly as Imran honestly. There's this innocence and charming quality about Yousuf that Imran can pull off effortlessly...Danish or anyone else for that matter would not have been able to do so. You should watch the show further to understand Yousuf..and further see who would be able to pull it off.

From what I've seen of the play yet.. which is bits and pieces because I'm waiting for it to finish first before I start, I found Imran awkward. Even in that fight scene in the last episode where he is being beaten up, his expressions look weak. He used to be better at emoting earlier, during Khuda aur Muhabbat days, but since he got his face done, he looks in pain when he is delivering expressions. However, there was this one scene in the train in the beginning i think, where he is looking up at Maya while she is fixing her bedsheet on her bunk, where I liked what i saw. Other than that, meh.

But maybe seeing the whole play in one go might change my view. Let's see.

And I think Danish is very underrated. Given a different role like this, I m pretty sure he would have excelled.
starstruckk thumbnail

From what I've seen of the play yet.. which is bits and pieces because I'm waiting for it to finish first before I start, I found Imran awkward. Even in that fight scene in the last episode where he is being beaten up, his expressions look weak. He used to be better at emoting earlier, during Khuda aur Muhabbat days, but since he got his face done, he looks in pain when he is delivering expressions. However, there was this one scene in the train in the beginning i think, where he is looking up at Maya while she is fixing her bedsheet on her bunk, where I liked what i saw. Other than that, meh.

But maybe seeing the whole play in one go might change my view. Let's see.

And I think Danish is very underrated. Given a different role like this, I m pretty sure he would have excelled.

In the part where he's getting beaten up, he was actually supposed to be in pain. lol
I'd still say you should watch all 15 episodes before forming an opinion about who'd be the better bet to play Yousuf. I agree, Danish is very underrated..but I personally don't think Danish would have been as convincing as Yousuf. I also never rated Imran in Khuda aur Mohabbat. That show had nothing going for itself..and neither did Imran. He was decent, but that's not a benchmark of a performance in my eyes from Imran's end. If I'd have to rate Imran's best then that would be Jawad from Malaal...second would be MNYH. I also don't think Imran's the best when it comes to emoting..but as Yousuf he's truthfully really good...but then again, there's more to Yousuf then the few scenes you've seen here and there.
starstruckk thumbnail
Ever since Danish got his skin whitened..he doesn't have that same charm anymore. It's disappointing because he genuinely looked really good the way he was with his normal complexion. Likewise with Fahad. I don't know what Fahad's smoking, but he looked his best with the tan complexion he had.
-Phantom- thumbnail

In the part where he's getting beaten up, he was actually supposed to be in pain. lol
I'd still say you should watch all 15 episodes before forming an opinion about who'd be the better bet to play Yousuf. I agree, Danish is very underrated..but I personally don't think Danish would have been as convincing as Yousuf. I also never rated Imran in Khuda aur Mohabbat. That show had nothing going for itself..and neither did Imran. He was decent, but that's not a benchmark of a performance in my eyes from Imran's end. If I'd have to rate Imran's best then that would be Jawad from Malaal...second would be MNYH. I also don't think Imran's the best when it comes to emoting..but as Yousuf he's truthfully really good...but then again, there's more to Yousuf then the few scenes you've seen here and there.

Hmm, yeah, I'll watch all episodes but I doubt my opinion will change too much. But he may very well surprise me. Hopefully he will or I wont enjoy the play much.

Didn't watch Malaal but for me the handful of his plays I've watched, I found KaM the best even though I didn't like the serial at all. And by best I don't mean he blew me away or anything. I just found it to be HIS best work. And if I were to take his best work and compare him with other actors, he would probably be 8th or 9th or even lower in my ranking. So yeah not being his fan is also a reason for me to not be crazy about seeing him as Yousuf.
starstruckk thumbnail
Another thing about Danish.he has AMAZING comic timing. I love him in comic roles..he's really good at rom-coms too. There's this telefilm with Annie Jaffri he did, which is personally one of my favorite telefilms. Danish was great in it.
starstruckk thumbnail

Hmm, yeah, I'll watch all episodes but I doubt my opinion will change too much. But he may very well surprise me. Hopefully he will or I wont enjoy the play much.

Didn't watch Malaal but for me the handful of his plays I've watched, I found KaM the best even though I didn't like the serial at all. And by best I don't mean he blew me away or anything. I just found it to be HIS best work. And if I were to take his best work and compare him with other actors, he would probably be 8th or 9th or even lower in my ranking. So yeah not being his fan is also a reason for me to not be crazy about seeing him as Yousuf.

You have to watch Malaal. The show itself is really amazing. It's one of my favorites. I'd highly recommend it...over MNYH actually. Jawad from Malaal is arguably my favorite Pakistani male characters till date (that says a lot because honestly, Imran is not my favorite Pakistani actor for any biasedness to kick in). Whatever biasedness I may have for Imran is truthfully because of Malaal. I started seeing potential in him due to that show...because he was genuinely, very good...and I saw potential in him that's only extracted time to time. I've never found him as impressive before or after. Though he has been decent in various other shows..but for me, Jawad is something else. I think credit fully goes to Umera and Mehreen for extracting the best out of him with a wonderful script and great direction. I feel Mehreen has done the same here with him as Yousuf. She has a knack for extracting a lot more out of him from what I've observed.

This show isn't really only about Yousuf or Zulekha though..the writing, direction, supporting cast, music etc is all really good. So, even if you don't like Imran..don't let that stop you from watching the show. The show is good in its entirety.

-Phantom- thumbnail

Ever since Danish got his skin whitened..he doesn't have that same charm anymore. It's disappointing because he genuinely looked really good the way he was with his normal complexion. Likewise with Fahad. I don't know what Fahad's smoking, but he looked his best with the tan complexion he had.

Wasn't he always this white? I remember seeing him in a show a long time back and said to my mom, "he looks like a vampire". The problem with him is that while other fair guys have some pink in their cheeks, he is very pale. Got a couple pics below from his younger days.

Dont know about Fahad though.

Edited by Emmjay - 9 years ago
-Phantom- thumbnail

You have to watch Malaal. The show itself is really amazing. It's one of my favorites. I'd highly recommend it...over MNYH actually. Jawad from Malaal is arguably my favorite Pakistani male characters till date (that says a lot because honestly, Imran is not my favorite Pakistani actor for any biasedness to kick in). Whatever biasedness I may have for Imran is truthfully because of Malaal. I started seeing potential in him due to that show...because he was genuinely, very good...and I saw potential in him that's only extracted time to time. I've never found him as impressive before or after. Though he has been decent in various other shows..but for me, Jawad is something else. I think credit fully goes to Umera and Mehreen for extracting the best out of him with a wonderful script and great direction. I feel Mehreen has done the same here with him as Yousuf. She has a knack for extracting a lot more out of him from what I've observed.

This show isn't really only about Yousuf or Zulekha though..the writing, direction, supporting cast, music etc is all really good. So, even if you don't like Imran..don't let that stop you from watching the show. The show is good in its entirety.

Oh dont worry, I have full plans of watching this serial no mtter who the hero is 😆
I'm just waiting for it to finish because I really hate waiting a whole week for an episode, plus I have the attention span of a puppy. I've lost interest in many a serials because I had to wait a week for them. lol

Hmm, yeah I guess I v got to watch Malaal then. I hope I find good print online..
Edited by Emmjay - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
@ Emmjay:

He looks really white now, all the time. You'll hardly see him tan unless it's some shoot or so. He also suddenly looks a lot older..I think he works out too much unnecessarily and it's not working in his favor. He looked so much better leaner. I noticed a change and felt he did something..if you google this, you'll notice more people speculating about it also. And Fahad admitted on HSY's talk show that he has gotten his skin lightened..which was disappointing.

He looked like this (he looked so much better then btw):

And now this: