Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I second mina...can't wait to read it!!! Loving the story...please continue soon!i can picture the story taking place and how they must be!!⭐️⭐️
Aafrah-SA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -mina-

Aafrah I can't deal. I have no patience after this update, I MUST have more right away. It was so great to have this sweet encounter between them, and I'm glad Abhi picked up on the underlying problem, but it's not enough to leave it here!! I am so anxious for more more more I don't really even have words. I loved the description of Pragya's apartment by the way, and what a great insight about the photos. This story is so engrossing and vivid, I feel like I'm seeing it play out instead of just reading it. You've been awesome about giving us so many updates already but please naa, thodi aur dedo!! And by thodi I actually mean a lot 😉. Thanks again for this compelling read, it's certainly adding joy to my weekend 😃

Hey mIna! Thanks sooo much on picking up the subtle attraction and interest from Abhi's side!
I am very happy that it is shaping up in a way you all are liking it!
More coming up soon!! 😊
Diahh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Okay!! Speechless! No comment! refer to my Behena, Mina's comment!
Aafrah! Aafrah!!!! I can't help it but end up wanting to read more and more!!! The story is so gripping! Flowers,coffee, chatting, smiling, understanding, worrying, comfort!! Uff all of that is making me quite addicted to this story! I love AbhiGya!! I love every character in the story! But still when it comes to AbhiGya I just want them to be happy! Soon! Together! With Eachother!!!

Errr... Plz update soon! Sorry for repeating myself!! But can't help it! You rock!!⭐️
rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Really nice update I like how abhi got her flowers that's sweet of him, poor Abhi hand is falling for her slowly I feel bad for Pragya she is trying so hard to make the marriage work, can't wait to read the next chapter
Aafrah-SA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Diahh

Okay!! Speechless! No comment! refer to my Behena, Mina's comment!

Aafrah! Aafrah!!!! I can't help it but end up wanting to read more and more!!! The story is so gripping! Flowers,coffee, chatting, smiling, understanding, worrying, comfort!! Uff all of that is making me quite addicted to this story! I love AbhiGya!! I love every character in the story! But still when it comes to AbhiGya I just want them to be happy! Soon! Together! With Eachother!!!

Errr... Plz update soon! Sorry for repeating myself!! But can't help it! You rock!!⭐️

Diahh my rockstar!! I love seeing your comments! Glad to know youre liking it! 😳
MayurnASYA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Loving it ❤️
Plz plz conti soon 
Aafrah-SA thumbnail

coming up in a  bit!
Aafrah-SA thumbnail
Hello guys! So this was ready since morning!
But being a Newbie, my quota of 10 posts were over! hence had to wait for so long!
Sooo sorry for the delay!! 😭😭

As for this chapter, the last segment of this chapter is my very own favourite!!! 
I am very very very anxious for your comments on it!
Please please please all of you, comment on this one and tell me how it was!!

Annnddd Happy Reading! 😳

CHAPTER 5

MR. DOUBLE BATTERY DOING A BUNK?

Pragya was very surprised at Purab and BB's visit that evening. Before realizing why, she heaved a sigh of relief that Abhi had left before they came. Not that she was purposely hiding it, but mentioning his visit would lead to more questions, including the day before incident and she wasn't up for discussing all that, not right now - when she was busy figuring out how to explain Suresh's absence. However, Pragya was very happy to see BB and for some reason couldn't control her tear when they hugged. She wasn't upset because of the fact that her husband loved BB, she was upset for BB. She knew how tormented her BB would feel if she ever knew, in spite of trying all means, she was still in a way damaging her sisters life. She knew BB wouldn't be able to handle this news so she wouldn't tell her, but at the same time, that left her with no one to share her grief with. She didn't want to worry her mother with this, given her health condition and no one else was close enough. Pragya realized with a heavy heart that this knowledge will have to stay within herself.

BB on the other hand was surprised to see Pragya crying but she assumed that was because she was worried for BB's health and seeing her healthy and standing before her, Pragya must have got emotional. They all sat and chatted when Purab popped up the question about Suresh's whereabouts. Pragya was caught off guard and found herself saying that he has gone for conducting a month long session as a guest faculty in Benaras University.

The next morning Abhi met Purab after his ad-shoot in his office. Purab had dropped in to get his signatures on some financial paper. Abhi signed and they casually spoke for a while. But Abhi's curiosity got the better of him. He slowly moved the topic of conversation to BB, her health, the night in the hospital, Suresh's accusations and popped the question how Pragya is, telling him he had overheard the day before when he was talking to BB about her health. Purab didn't notice the structured way Abhi's questions came and he casually replied Pragya was fine, but BB was worried about her health because even Suresh was not in town, he was in Benaras taking a special month long session at the university there.

Abhi's thoughts did a double take. Benaras University? Month long session? Hadn't Pragya told him, Suresh was off to visit his family? Abhi's doubt found validation. There was something wrong indeed. Why was the chashmish lying? Why was Mr. Double Battery doing a bunk? Where was he? Then he remembered her big beautiful teary eyes at the mention of Suresh..something was seriously wrong and he decided to find out what. Nice people like chashmish didn't deserve to be unhappy he thought.

BEFRIENDING A ROCKSTAR

Abhi tried avoiding his inner voice when it asked him, why did he make it a mission of his life to sort her life? Truth be told, he didn't have the answer himself. But he had temporarily shut that voice by saying he had found a nice and caring friend in her. He felt comfortable in her presence and wanted to see her happy. Abhi, from whatever little he came to understand Pragya, he knew that she wouldn't spill her grief to him. But he couldn't help her unless he knew her problem. So he worked upon a plan.

It was Saturday, Pragya's favourite day of the week, as she always went to visit her mother on Saturday. As she woke up today, she felt slightly nervous. Even though the cover up story for Suresh was fully working, and she planned to tell her mother the same thing, but the idea of lying to her mother didn't seem comfortable. But she neither could be caught lying, the consequences could be severe. She cautiously got ready and left for her mothers.

The day was spent well. Sarla was happy to see her daughter as she repeated her weekly dialogue of how thin and weak her child has become, how she should rest more and how she missed her all week. Pragya hugged her mother and worked very hard on keeping her voice steady. However her mother didn't seem to doubt anything and hence didn't ask anything specific about Suresh after learning he had gone to Benaras, other than how he was doing. Pragya was relieved. That afternoon while she lay on her mother's bed with her head on her lap, she thought about the past few days of her life. She remembered the Suresh incident, his leaving home, her despair, the bike ride with Abhi, Abhi's silly jokes, Abhi's gesture of getting her flowers and chatting, Abhi's visible closeness to his granny, his spontaneous gibberish and to her surprise, she found herself smiling! She was seriously perplexed. She was smiling? Her husband had abandoned her for a month and has gone somewhere she didn't know, and here she was smiling at this other man's joke? Did Abhi's happy-go-lucky nature outgrow Suresh's grief? Then to her astonishment, she realized the day before when Abhi was at hers for the greater part of the day they were together, she had almost temporarily forgotten her grief. No, Abhi didn't sweep her off her feet, but his fun and immature behaviour helped her cope with this situation where Suresh had put her, he was the only silver lining of the otherwise dark cloud that was her life. It had been a very short while that she really knew him, and there were a lot of tension between his family and her in-laws family due to Rachna's pregnancy. But in spite of that he was a good man Pragya thought - Abhi was a friend smiled Pragya.

SHAKING THE PROFESSOR OFF YOU

Pragya had just finished making dinner for herself when the doorbell rang. 'Suresh" she muttered to herself and walked towards the door, but she stopped, she had forgotten that he wasn't coming. With the realization came pain and a little disturbed looking Pragya opened the door.

Abhi - You again? (chuckling)

Pragya - Huh? Come on in!

Abhi - Arre you won't ask for my statement of purpose for this visit today?

Pragya - No I wouldn't ask, but I would be wondering why you are here the third day in a row?

Abhi - Oh! But I am not here to chat! I am here on urgent business!

Pragya - And what is that?

Abhi - It is a Saturday night! My best friend is newly married and he obviously can't have enough of his wife as yet so he has ditched me. Being the awesome rockstar I am, I have more fans than friends, so hanging out in a pub with fans didn't muse me! So I thought why not hang out with the one person who is not my fan, hates my music and is also partially guilty of snatching my best friend by getting her sister married to him!

Pragya laughed at the derivation.

Pragya - And wife?

For a fraction of a second a cloud covered his face, but he muttered she was busy shooting too.

Pragya registered the sad pause but didn't question further, instead she said - Accused is proven guilty. What plans do you have for the night?

Abhi's grin was back - Well, I was hoping you have some!

Pragya - Yes I do! Why don't you join me? There is this documentary coming on television on the changing scenario of world politics, I was eagerly waiting to watch it. You can join me!

Abhi - Err..No. I think we will stick to the first plan of doing something of my choice for the night! Something more fun! Something new for you? You know chashmish boring professors should try fun once in a while, it gives them what they lack in general - umm... A LIFE! Sniggered Abhi.

Pragya - Aha, trying something new eh? Sure I am game! Provided you try something new too! Umm.. something like NOT HAVING A LIFE! And she burst out laughing at seeing the horror of understanding settling in Abhi's face.

Abhi - Chalo Done!

Pragya - Great then, come sit here!

Abhi - Ae chashmish! I thought you're testing my mettle! You are not seriously going to make me watch this shit will you?

Seeing the cute evil grin on Pragya's face, he realized there was no escaping, and a small part of him didn't even want to escape after seeing that radiant smile reaching her eyes.

After what it seemed was a millennium, the show got over and the credits started appearing and Abhi sighed in relief! By now he had exhausted his phone battery by playing games, finished all the snacks that Pragya's kitchen stocked, counted the number of books on her shelf and even slept for a little while! Slowly a deeply engrossed Pragya turned to face him and saw that childish grin back on his face. Silkily he said "Your turn now! Let's go!"

Pragya  - Go? No ways, its ten o clock already! We are not going anywhere!

Abhi - This is not fair chashmish you promised! And had we not watched that life altering show of yours we could have gone earlier. Trust me you will enjoy! Come!

There was something in that sincere "trust me" that showed in his eyes and Pragya couldn't help but trust him. She quickly changed and soon they were driving down the by-pass in his car with music - no noise thought Pragya blaring from the car - Love, Love Happy Love!

Abhi drove for about twenty mins and finally reached the venue and killed his engine. Pragya saw there was no club or building there! It was a hill cliff top of sorts. Only it wasn't very high or very far from the city. It was overlooking the city in the distance, with its bright night life! She looked at Abhi questioningly.

Abhi - Wondering where we are? Well this had been my favourite spot in the city since childhood and mostly when I want to have a good time with close ones away from the crowd, Purab and I come here and chat and talk and enjoy. Since you are replacing Purab today, you are here!

Pragya was quiet. She liked the place - it was dark in here, she wouldn't have been able to see anything had Abhi not kept his car headlights on. Yes this was perfect, she could see the city with its glimmering lights far away. Her home was there, with all her grief and pain. She had left it behind there and she was free here. The fresh air, the open, the darkness it was overwhelming. She was finding it peaceful here.  She turned around to see Abhi taking something out of his car boot. He soon retuned with two bottles in his hand, two alcoholic beverages.

Pragya - No. Abhi! Not this! I don't drink! I can't drink!

Abhi - Come on chashmish! Your one has very low alcohol content! I thought we were trying new ways of having fun! Don't be a spoiler!

Pragya - Hang on! How can you drink? You will need to drive too right? No you're not drinking that!

Abhi - Chashmish relax, one night of drinking won't take away your glory of being the most boring chashmish alive! You trust me right?

Again that question! Of course she trusted him! Otherwise, why else would she be standing on this dark moor like one of Macbeth's witches! She thought.  Fine, one night of drinking wasn't too bad she thought. And even Abhi had watched her show - the memory of a fidgeting Abhi made her laugh again!

Pragya - Ok. Deal. I will drink, but we swap bottles! Yes! Don't look so shocked! I am only saying because, you will need to drive me back home and I don't want to die of a road accident with a drunken rockstar by my side!

Abhi reluctantly handed her the bottle! This was strong stuff, he wasn't sure if she could handle. As he took the light beer bottle that was meant for Pragya he looked at it sadly and thought "There goes my high tonight"

An hour later, and half a bottle down.

They were both sitting on the bonnet of Abhi's car and staring at the city spreading ahead of them far away. They were quiet until now. Abhi was wondering how to make Pragya talk out her trouble, when Pragya broke the silence!

Pragya - Oi rockstar! Listen to me!! Look at me veeerrryyy carefully okay? From head to toe!

Abhi turned to look at her, she was definitely very high on alcohol. He stared at her quietly smiling to himself. He looked into her eyes, they were slightly red, she must have been silently crying all this while, he felt bad for her. He softly uttered the word, "chashmish?"

Pragya - Good now that you have observed! Tell me something, how am I? Haan Haan I know boring and all, but just by looking? - Nice? Sweet? - Pragya made a very cute pout as she waited looking at Abhi for response.

Abhi - Chashmish, it's getting late we should leave! Let's go. - As Abhi said this, he wasn't sure why he wanted to leave? Chashmish was drunk, she wasn't meaning anything, and he didn't mind her saying all this. He would have even found this funny had another lingering thought not bothered him. He realized his own answers that were forming in his throat, for her question, was what was bothering him. He was about to get up, but Pragya held his hand and motioned him to keep sitting.

Abhi was very conscious of the part of his skin on the wrist where she was holding him. He guiltily realized he was enjoying the authority she was showing over him. It pleased him deep down. In his mind he wanted to get up, but his heart didn't let him. And Pragya oblivious to all this continued.

Pragya - Tell me? Whats taking so long? Not Nice or Sweet? Okay, Pretty? Hot? Sexy? She continued giggling, or Ugly? She said with a fake sad face.

As Abhi stared at her face, he let go of all his inhibitions.

Abhi quietly replied - I think you look beautiful chashmish.

Pragya - Aah..and you think I am a nice person? Other than being boring?

Abhi - Chashmish, you know right, I tease you? You're not boring at all. And yes you are a very nice person. I love your company, you are closest friend I have now. (As Abhi said these out loud, he realized he wasn't bluffing, he really felt that way for chashmish, only he never thought about it)

Pragya's face lit up. Then she continued.

Pragya - So you think I am beautiful, I am nice person and a good friend. (She looked around at Abhi uncertainly). Do you also think I am lovable? I can be loved? Do you think I deserve it - love?

Abhi stared at Pragya, for the first time in a very long time, he was stumped and he didn't know what to say. What he wanted to say was something his mind was refusing to even think about and what she wanted to say by asking this, he failed to understand. He looked into her eyes, he saw defeat there, he couldn't stand it.

Abhi - Ye-Yes chashmish you are very lovable. And lucky is the man who has you in his life (Again Abhi realized he wasn't just consoling her, he meant every word of what he said)

To his surprise, he saw tears leaking down Pragya's eyes when she asked the most unsettling question.

Pragya - And BB?

Abhi was confused. Where did BB fit in all this.

Abhi - BB? What about her?

Pragya - Is she lovable?

Abhi - Well, Purab does love her, so yes I guess.

Pragya continued in a distant voice, it was like she wasn't even listening, just saying.

Pragya - Is she more lovable than me?

Abhi - Chashmish, what are you saying, chalo lets go home.

Pragya - No tell me. Is she more lovable than me? You only said, I am beautiful, nice and lovable right? Then tell me. For you, is she more lovable than me?

Abhi stood there rooted at her question. Had this been any other person he would have known she was trying her luck on Abhi the rockstar, but this was Pragya and he knew she wasn't like that. He realized, this was the root of her problems. But why?

As she compelled him to think, she remembered glimpses of BB with Purab, smiling, laughing, talking, but he didn't feel anything strong for her, had she not been Purab's wife, she would be just any other girl out there. Then he looked at Pragya and he didn't think at all, the answer escaped his lips before it even formed in his conscious mind.

Abhi - No chashmish, for me no one is more lovable than you.

Abhi stood there aghast at the magnanimity of his statement. He didn't have it in him to dwell into himself and find out whether what he said was what he meant this time. And before he could think any further, Pragya continued very simply.

Pragya - Then why doesn't Suresh feel that way Abhi? Why does he love her instead of me?

Thus Pragya broke down before Abhi and resorted to weeping miserably. Abhi stood their thunderstruck as he watched her cry. So this was her misery. Her husband Suresh loved her sister BB who was his best friend Purab's wife. He was mind boggled. He was physically pained by the unfairness in Pragya's life and after years he found his eyes moist in protest.

He slowly moved towards Pragya and held her closely to his heart and she continued to sob. When he let go of her, she looked up at him. Their faces were very close to each other. Abhi looked at her face, there was so much pain there, yet there was innocence, and radiance and need - a need for love. In that moment nothing existed for Abhi than his chashmish who was secure between his hands. He was about to slowly bring his lips closer to hers... when she spoke is a soft whisper.

Pragya - Help me Abhi. Help me save my marriage.

Abhi snapped back to reality as he jerked away from her. What the hell was he doing? Pragya was married to Suresh and he was married to Tanu. This wasn't right. He was in such shock that he didn't even notice when Pragya turned away from him and continued to stare at the vast skyline again probably a bit embarrassed. Abhi was hoping she wouldn't remember any of this next morning.

Abhi - Suresh loves BB. And you still want to work on this marriage?

Pragya - Yes. BB already knows that Suresh at one point had feelings for her. She was so guilty that she almost ruined her own life. This time if the marriage falls apart, eventually the reason will be out. It will destroy my little BB. She is innocent she doesn't deserve it.

Abhi stood their mesmerized at the sister bond. Abhi realized how much it must have hurt her to ask him to compare between her and BB. Her biggest misery was she couldn't hate or compete the woman whom her husband loved - because she loved her too. And even today she is trying to selflessly stay in the marriage to protect her sister's devastation. He felt a powerful sense of protection towards Pragya. He turned to her, held her hand in his both hands and looked at her.

Abhi - I promise you chashmish, I will be there with you on this through thick and thin.

As Pragya smiled a little with a teary face on hearing this, Abhi thought to himself, "Suresh, you're such a fool"

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
resss
unres

oh aafrah. my heart aches so much for that last scene. very beautifully done, i can see why it was your favourite. the whole chapter was really compelling, i loved everything about it. this world you've created for them with their different-path lives feels so real and so worthwhile...like i almost wish this was their story. i'm so glad you're giving us this version of their story! thank you again so so so much! love this story a lot <333 😊

also congrats on making groupbie!! :)
Edited by -mina- - 9 years ago
Diahh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
AAFRAHHH thank you for the quick updates!!! I loved this!!! ❤️ 
As for the last part it was fab!!! The whole while I was picturing drunk Pragya in the show, the context is not the same but still it made the story more real to me! I am so glad Pragya found a friend in Abhi. And Abhi's attraction towards her is mindblowing, and the way you have written it makes it all the more thrilling. I love how you made Abhi shed tears in her pain, understand the gravity of her grief, and the way he was shocked at realizing his attraction towards her.

Ufff Aafrah I just love this story so much! And thank you so much for this fab story! You are a great writer. 😃

Oh btw Congrats on becoming a groupbie!! ⭐️