Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Piyatrix

Again let me reiterate that I have not watched the film yet so my grouse with Sidharth is on the basis of what I've read from members reviews that the film wasn't well made and didn't have an engaging narrative the critics said film is only watchable cos of HR ... Also I have never really enjoyed any Sid Anand film except BAE to an extent cos of RK ... 

You and most people in here haven't watched the film...yet are SO quick to generalize...and therein lies the ironyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

It's not a great film...but at the same time it's unfair to the film to trash it simply for Sid Anand or the budget or whatever...watch the film and then take a call rather than going around blindly hating it, that's all I'm saying. 

Hrithik no doubt is the soul of the movie on which it largely runs cuz he infuses conviction into his role...but I didn't find anything so terrible about the narrative either...

The only Sid Anand film I truly hated was Anjaana Anjaani...Ta ra rum pum did have some nice bits to it and as for BAH...the Bips storyline was well done...so he does have some substance in his films...they aren't mindless drivel like Sajid Khan crap.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Because he is sounding bitter here when he says critics only like morose films πŸ˜† Generalizing or stereotyping is always wrong..Whether its done by members on this forum or by Sid Anand πŸ˜†

LOL and he should be trashed for it simply cuz he's a public figure? While the people in this forum get a free pass for all the SUPER judgemental generalizations made on a daily basis?πŸ˜†

And just to clarify, I'm not singling  you out on this or anything...this is a general observation about this forum and the irony and hypocrisy of it all is justπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Talk about being delusional, Mr.Anand.
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: AreYaar

LOL and he should be trashed for it simply cuz he's a public figure? While the people in this forum get a free pass for all the SUPER judgemental generalizations made on a daily basis?πŸ˜†

And just to clarify, I'm not singling  you out on this or anything...this is a general observation about this forum and the irony and hypocrisy of it all is justπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But that happens to everyone πŸ˜†  Almost every celeb is judged cos he/ she is a public figure so the backlash is more in their case..No one would care if i make a ridiculous statement..But if a celeb does, of course ppl are gonna question it πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail

But that happens to everyone πŸ˜†  Almost every celeb is judged cos he/ she is a public figure so the backlash is more in their case..No one would care if i make a ridiculous statement..But if a celeb does, of course ppl are gonna question it πŸ˜†

LOL toh phir theek hai naa...as a "public figure", he too is allowed to comment as he sees fit, judge as he sees fit, INTERPRET as he sees fit...since everyone is coming up with their own interpretation of one statement by him.  People can keep judging him and he can keep judging critics...vicious cycleπŸ˜†
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: AreYaar

LOL toh phir theek hai naa...as a "public figure", he too is allowed to comment as he sees fit, judge as he sees fit, INTERPRET as he sees fit...since everyone is coming up with their own interpretation of one statement by him.  People can keep judging him and he can keep judging critics...vicious cycleπŸ˜†

Of course..Public figure or not, no one is stopping anyone from making these statements .He can keep making them & we can keep judging him for it πŸ˜†  He unfairly judged the critics & other critically acclaimed films here IMO so i in turn judged him for being bitterπŸ˜† As to whether he is right or wrong, i guess we can agree to disagree ;)
AreYaar thumbnail

Of course..Public figure or not, no one is stopping anyone from making these statements .He can keep making them & we can keep judging him for it πŸ˜†  He unfairly judged the critics & other critically acclaimed films here IMO so i in turn judged him for being bitterπŸ˜† As to whether he is right or wrong, i guess we can agree to disagree ;)

Unfair is a subjective term in this case...What is unfair to one, may not be unfair to another.  He had a valid point to make which was lost in all the piling on of  Haider/sour grapes etc. that then happened. 

Anyways yeah, let's agree to disagree.
atominis thumbnail
Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Raju Hirani generally made happy and light hearted films yet got good reviews. So how can he say only films about sad and poor people get good reviews?
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
English vinglish
vicky donor
kahani
Gow
znmd
good reviews n commercially successful
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
You problem isn't that your film got bad reviews...that doesn't even matter for big films. Reviews were pretty much on par with the other big films or recent past. 
Your problem is your film didn't make enough money...and more importantly timing sucked (not in terms of clash) but it came at a time when audience is tired of commercial stuff riding just on star power. They are bored and want something more. 2-3 years back, this same film would probably have done record breaking business. 

..and even if critics like 'dark' stuff, the audience usually doesn't.