Frequent Posters

Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Mahira looks Pretty in JPJ. I like the colour of her outfit<3
natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I'm probably going to be in the minority here but I wasn't impressed. The acting and all was fine, but it doesn't look like its going be my favourite story... the bit about him dreaming about her visit to the shrine was superflous and OTT - there are other (more subtle) ways of portraying the intensity of love.

Adnan was a surprise though, he did a good job IMO - but not "fit" enough to be my fav hero - yet...😳

Will continue to watch for MK - but not too hopeful yet.

Edited by natz - 9 years ago
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: natz

I'm probably going to be in the minority here but I wasn't impressed. The acting and all was fine, but it doesn't look like its going be my favourite story... the bit about him dreaming about her visit to the shrine was superflous and OTT - there are other (more subtle) ways of portraying the intensity of love.

Adnan was a surprise though, he did a good job IMO - but not "fit" enough to be my fav hero - yet...😳

Will continue to watch for MK - but not too hopeful yet.

Opposite to you I found the last 20 mins or so the best part of drama, I didn't like the first few scenes that much but that whole shrine sequence I loved it
And Adnan is acting really well and Mahira looked so beautiful in that white dress and with her hair open. The first scene i didn't connect because it looked really odd to see MK in school get up, also when Khalil is playing cricket I got remimded of Pyaray Afzal and those cricket sequences in Pyaray Afzal were great so I didn't enjoy those two scenes that much
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
just finished watching the episode .
I just love the title song . Rahat sings it really well.

Now the episode 😃 the starting with the poetry competition was fun. Mahira looks pretty but older than a college student I think and her mother looks to young to be her mother lol

Have to say like the way the drama is shot. Looking forward to next episode ...

Edited by cutestar - 9 years ago
-Sadiaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
already in love with the show !!
1st epi ws so impactful , I jst loved it thoroughly !! Mahiraa She is jst wow ! Adnan ws also good , more good thn my expectation !!

The OST !! hayeee ree hum Sadqay tumhare !!

Cant wait fr 2nd epi !!
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: MamuKiBhanji

already in love with the show !!
1st epi ws so impactful , I jst loved it thoroughly !! Mahiraa She is jst wow ! Adnan ws also good , more good thn my expectation !!

The OST !! hayeee ree hum Sadqay tumhare !!

Cant wait fr 2nd epi !!

Same adnan is better than my expectations so far
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved the first episode...And Mahira is a welcome change aft an overdose of Sanam. ( no offense meant to Sanam's fans but I am not a big fan.)
The drama has a Dastaan kind of feel to it. The male lead is very good for a newcomer. Waiting to see how it unfolds...

natz thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..-Raindrops-..

Opposite to you I found the last 20 mins or so the best part of drama, I didn't like the first few scenes that much but that whole shrine sequence I loved it
And Adnan is acting really well and Mahira looked so beautiful in that white dress and with her hair open. The first scene i didn't connect because it looked really odd to see MK in school get up, also when Khalil is playing cricket I got remimded of Pyaray Afzal and those cricket sequences in Pyaray Afzal were great so I didn't enjoy those two scenes that much

I also didn't like her in the college get up - it was the hair I think, the way they did it made her head look bigger in proportion to her body

MK looked resplendent for sure and I liked Adnan's acting as well - I'm complaining about the sequences and the treatment of it really. MK looked fab in the shrine sequence, the acting was good too, but the whole idea of somebody being witness to a situation in another place in their dream is absurd.

The thing that's made Pakistani dramas so popular (I think, and feel free to disagree with me on this) is the fact that besides having a definitive start, middle and end they are close to reality - the audience can relate to the characters and situations. Where they can't (like I didn't in Humsafar for example) the chemistry of the lead actors and the performances of the others (Naveen was outstanding) compels them to believe that this was real. And the shrine sequence just rubbishes that reality - hence the comment. 😳
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: natz

I also didn't like her in the college get up - it was the hair I think, the way they did it made her head look bigger in proportion to her body

MK looked resplendent for sure and I liked Adnan's acting as well - I'm complaining about the sequences and the treatment of it really. MK looked fab in the shrine sequence, the acting was good too, but the whole idea of somebody being witness to a situation in another place in their dream is absurd.

The thing that's made Pakistani dramas so popular (I think, and feel free to disagree with me on this) is the fact that besides having a definitive start, middle and end they are close to reality - the audience can relate to the characters and situations. Where they can't (like I didn't in Humsafar for example) the chemistry of the lead actors and the performances of the others (Naveen was outstanding) compels them to believe that this was real. And the shrine sequence just rubbishes that reality - hence the comment. 😳

Have you seen Pyaray Afzal ? Bunty I love you ? I feel KRQ is the only writer who should write for cinema because he always takes creative liberties and some of his scenes have cinematic feel to it
I agree with where you are coming from though 😳
natz thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..-Raindrops-..

Have you seen Pyaray Afzal ? Bunty I love you ? I feel KRQ is the only writer who should write for cinema because he always takes creative liberties and some of his scenes have cinematic feel to it
I agree with where you are coming from though 😳

Haven't seen all of Pyaray Afzal - stopped because of the very reason I mentioned. Haven't seen any of Bunty.

Don't know about writing for cinema though, contemporary cinema is quite close to reality. Creative liberties are a thing of the past and I hope to God Pakistani cinema doesn't go this way 😳

Again though, this could be just one scene (apart from Shano's weird 6th sense 😆) and I shouldn't judge the whole play on this. I'm a Mahira fan - so may just sit through the whole thing for her 😳