Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Why are you surprised? I get to read this on twitter everyday that Mahira is an aunty 😆 People have specially requested to Fawad to not work with Mahira ever because she looks like his mother.. and someone even wrote to Bilal Lashari to never take Mahira in his film even though she isn't even doing Maula Jutt 😆

WHATTT? 😲 That's shocking! I thought Mahira was quite popular. And while I really, really like her - (being pragmatic for a mo) I always thought she was lucky in the sense that she's only done a couple of shows and still achieved the sort of popularity and star status that many of her contemporaries can only dream of (lets not count Neeyat 😆)

I'll be the first one to put my hand up and say that she's not the best actress out there. But as someone who saw her in Bol, thought the chick is pretty for two seconds then forgot all about her, I think she's upped her game big time. If I had to pick one actor who's shown the highest level of improvement in their career I'd pick her. All in the span of 3/4 projects. It really is quite an achievement.

Re her looking like FK's aunty - what have these people got to say about the pagalpan show and Ayesha Khan? Or disasters like Ashk & Numm? I've even had countless arguments about ZGH with friends - for me, the story was the hero. It would've taken exceptionally bad acting/ direction for it to have been a disaster. Same goes for Daastan, terrific script that could've done well with anyone in it. Humsafar on the other hand was totally mediocre, run of the mill saas bahu stuff that worked only because the chemistry worked (Naveen was fab too) - so really, Mahira is the best costar Fawad's had to date. But that's entirely my opinion 😳
I dont find Mahira that interesting -_-
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I dont find Mahira that interesting -_-

I know Hina, but thats your opinion. No one's going to force you to like Mahira, i just think labelling her as an aunty or mother to her heroes is a bit far-fetched.. 😆
BlackStar. thumbnail
@natz, I myself don't consider Mahira as a great actress, she definitely is far from perfect. For every character that she's played so far I can name her shortcomings and the scenes which made me cringe. I think she has a long way to go and definitely needs to do more work to perfect her craft. See. you don't have to like her, and no one should force someone to like an actor or actress for that matter. But then you should also have a justified reason to dislike them, I'm sorry but I don't see her looking like an old churail or a mother to her co-actor being one because its mere exaggeration.

To add, yes luck has played a huge factor in her success, but she's had her fair share of problems even with that success, they've just been more personal.
And like always, the more popular you are, the more your bound to be disliked so I guess its all fair in a way.
Edited by BlackStar. - 9 years ago
LOL nah the hero looks worse though
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

LOL nah the hero looks worse though

I think he's better than Farhan Saeed.. go watch the teasers to Farhan's show, that is what you call BAD acting 😆
natz thumbnail

@natz, I myself don't consider Mahira as a great actress, she definitely is far from perfect. For every character that she's played so far I can name her shortcomings and the scenes which made me cringe. I think she has a long way to go and definitely needs to do more work to perfect her craft. See. you don't have to like her, and no one should force someone to like an actor or actress for that matter. But then you should also have a justified reason to dislike them, I'm sorry but I don't see her looking like an old churail or a mother to her co-actor being one because its mere exaggeration.

I have a theory about popular screen-jodis where the girl gets all the flak. Quite often its the lead actor's fans who bash his real and reel life partner(s) - all thanks to the big green monster aka big J - 😆 why her when I'm younger/ single/ yadda, yadda 😆 It's only natural 😉
natz thumbnail

I think he's better than Farhan Saeed.. go watch the teasers to Farhan's show, that is what you call BAD acting 😆

hardly a surprise - he's an average singer and has a constipated look in Jal's music videos
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: natz

hardly a surprise - he's an average singer and has a constipated look in Jal's music videos

His constipated look in Halka Halka Suroor was 🤢 My god, he killed that song for me at-least visuallly.. that video was wrong for so many reasons.
natz thumbnail

His constipated look in Halka Halka Suroor was 🤢 My god, he killed that song for me at-least visuallly.. that video was wrong for so many reasons.

🤣 don't forget Sajni - I thought Farhan was the monster! was quite disappointed when he transformed into a random dude 🤣 it's amazing how he can keep a stiff face and just twitch his lips to produce sounds