Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Connectivity and impact shouldn't determine the best actress award natz.. then again the main blame i popular voting. It doesn't play out to be fair because we all judge performance differently.
I loved Mahira in ST too but SQ was phenomenal in BILY and rightfully should've won.

The awards that shouldn't have gone to ST were best drama and best writer.. KRQ should've won for BILY but i guess they gave it to him because ST is an autobiography.

And im in the minority but i don't mind Adnan winning for ST.. love or hate the drama it created a buzz. I've seen parts of Mehram and Alvida and I don't see the big deal in Zahid's performance so bash me all you want πŸ˜†

@bold - exactly my point. We judge it differently, and the popular award goes to the person who gets the highest number of people to believe they're the best. 😳

Nothing wrong with maintaining a parallel jury award where a number of technical people decide who'd get the A* in acting school πŸ˜†

I thought Meekal was awful in MSKSH and wanted Adeel to win - but I guess I was in minority, and that's OK.

Ahsan was completely mediocre in Mausam so don't see why he's won the jury award I guess Hum love him for being loyal πŸ˜† its been a couple of years since Fawad gave up his place at the top and there's no sign of a successor, Adnan has real potential but needs a bit of work IMO.

Yeah, Zahid hasn't won me over either.
natz thumbnail

The biggest blunder that Hum has ever made imo is not having a jury category the first time..

I think the first time was an o-sh*t we're really popular moment for them post Humsafar πŸ˜† it was just thrown together haphazardly and they didn't nominate Humsafar for anything just to get people in a room and leave the audience wondering who'd win
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Adeel was definitely the most deserving more than Meekal. But Meekal deserves to win since Hum didn't even nominate him for Laa [perhaps because of the tiff between Sarmad Sehabi and Hum for making script changes].
Ahsan didn't deserve to win for Mausam at all.. if the only reason for him winning is since he hasn't been recognized before then neither has Adnan Siddiqui give it to him then.
natz thumbnail

Adeel was definitely the most deserving more than Meekal. But Meekal deserves to win since Hum didn't even nominate him for Laa [perhaps because of the tiff between Sarmad Sehabi and Hum for making script changes].

Ahsan didn't deserve to win for Mausam at all.. if the only reason for him winning is since he hasn't been recognized before then neither has Adnan Siddiqui give it to him then.

Yeah but Adnan doesn't perform at every Hum award na πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And going by the same logic, lets just say MK got hers for putting up with Bin Roye - πŸ˜† anything Sana, I'm a stupid, biased fan and proud of it πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
iSakeena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Adnan also good for me zahid better but i am not sad becz i am super happy for mikaal :))
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: natz

Thank God for your post... I don't feel loopy anymore πŸ˜†

Agree, one feels for Khalil but there's no explanation about why/ who he got married to, what were his wife's motivations at the time of marriage if she was shown regretting later, what happened to Shano when Khalil got married.

I was so glad Humaira got her senses back in time... but yeah, what happened to her?

Can't help but feel Hum rushed it

In the opening scene when inayet is leaving the house explains why khaleel got married, to who it is irrelevant...inayet and kahleel completely understood that this marriage is not going to hapen, sheeda had made that clear, thats why inayet was so distressed and she begs khaleels forgiveness, distressed and feeling guilty of being the reason why sheeda will not let khaleel marry shano, she dies with that guilt. life went on and khaleel got married.
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just watched the epi... it was a very sad one.
I wanted to see the Shano's side of the story too!
But It was all Khalil.
Shano told him to stay away for 1-2 years as Dr. Maksud advised her, so that AR will not visit belgan and Rasheeda will not able to meet AR.
Why Shano didn't call him after 2 years? Shano was ready to elope and get married to him!
And why he got married to other girl?
How Shano died?
What happened to Humaira?
Where is AR?
I was almost craving to see Shano's side, Shano's feelings after Khalil got married..
Somehow Mahira didn't get any screen space in the last episode other than some flash back!
It was so boringly circling in one stage and at the end it was just rushed!
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes it was rushed but as to why Shano didn't ask him to comeback I guess because Abba Ji was still alive, I think she did say k abba ji ko tau nahi maar sakti mein
Why khalil married is still left unanswered, it would have been better to show Shano's side of story rather than all the dragging
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: natz

I disagree with that Sana. The whole idea behind "fan voting" is quite democratic IMO. If the audience thinks MK is more deserving then its fair that she's won. Some people (myself included) are really biased and refuse to acknowledge another performer. Isn't charming/ connecting with the audience part of acting? If a person has succeeded in doing that, they deserve the award.😳

Perhaps the award should be called "most loved male/ female actor" or whateverπŸ˜†

That's the thing I really want to know which audience actually voted for MAHIRA coz in Twitter and fb every fan was cheering n rooting for Saba q as digest writer is recent super hit n sadqay is recent super flop ...even MAHIRA fans were tha da this time as sadqay was a dud and even sadqay and MAHIRA fans are surprised at sadqay getting all the popular awards as they r also wondering who r these invisible voters

Twitter FB comments section is flooded with peoples comments ridiculing the BIASNESS

Everyone is saying what was the point to bring the whole drama industry to Dubai only taking the sadqay team wud hv been enuf

And it's so true
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Even if they wanted to acknowledge Sadqay one or two awards would have been ok
Them getting award for best drama? Best director ? Best writer ?Best Actress ? Made no sense
Zahid deserved it more than Adnan but Adnan is not such a bad choice, he needs more experiance and I think he has the potential.
Yes Samiya deserved acknowledgement for her role, maybe rehan shiekh deserved too, I was ok with jodi award as I didn't like anyother jodi that much
It is a bit too much when one show sweeps all the awards, It kind of takes away all the fun even for fans of this show or fans of Mahira

All this said and done I lost interest mid way through in so many shows this year, I could only finish watching very few shows, even I skipped Sadqay in middle and hated the phase of Khalil Humera so much but still somehow I kept coming back to this show, maybe because My favourite was in it or because I loved hating Samiya πŸ˜†
Edited by Raindrops. - 9 years ago