Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Maybe its because I'm an emotionally unstable person but I cannot stop crying thinking of what KRQ has to live with..
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: -shabz-

See i told you you have a crush on AdnanπŸ˜†, but yeah, agree with all you have said, except for the awards part, mahira say ziada saba was deserving.

I didn't say abt MAHIRA either

I said best ost is justified coz it indeed has a good ost

And adnan best debut tolerable ...still nowhere near zahids calibre but now I won't bang my head on the wall seeing him taking best debut awards

No one was even close to saba q this year ...so not just MAHIRA ...each n every person in Twitter n Fb was shouting for saba to win this time the popular award ...

And the biggest joke was best Jodi award
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Maybe its because I'm an emotionally unstable person but I cannot stop crying thinking of what KRQ has to live with..

Even I cried non stop today seeing the last epi

I cudnt believe I WUD ever cry seeing sadqay but today's EPI was jus so impactful ufff
BlackStar. thumbnail
Mahira won best actress popular which is because of fan voting.. when hum announced its nominations, i had a tiff with so many fans because i requested everyone to vote SQ since she DESERVES both the awards.
There's a difference between a good performance and an award winning performance. Mahira's performance in ST was a good performance but not an award winning one imo.
Hum needs to get rid of there bias and the popular category as its a joke.
And fans need to realize that you making Mahira win today when others are more deserving is going to hit you right hard back in the face since the day Mahira will actually be deserving, that day she won't win one most likely like it happened to others.
natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Watched the episode despite promising myself I wasn't going to because I didn't want to see her die - and mercifully we were spared of a death scene.
Its unbelievable what KRQ has had to live through and even if one assumes he moved on - writing this would have brought it all back.

Though I did feel the episode left quite a few questions unanswered, would've been mediocre had I not been too busy lamenting over Khalil's loss and Shano's death - and one wonders if Hum rushed it because of the ratings or any other reason?

Also, can't help but say a prayer for the real Shano - we've all felt Khalil's pain but her side of the story post 1985 should have been told.
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So I am the only person who didn't get it?
First of all, who wear's cotton sari's in Lahore in the 90s? I visited twice in that era and I don't remember seeing ANYONE..

Also, why couldn't they all visit? I mean I assume Ruby stayed because of the kids, but they all could've went to the Janazah... I mean Shanno would be their Phuphi/Khala too right?

The best part of the last episode was when Khalil pushes Sheeda and says get lost! And how Amin Saab stops Khalil to apologize... And how Kausar stops him.

I think I'm just really mad at how quickly Khalil got married and still resented Shanno. Didn't she do this to stay away from him for a year? Why didn't she bring him back? Was it because he got married so quickly? Then why didn't Doctor Maqsood butt in.. or was his only job to separate them! I also wish they showed what happened with Humaira but I'll let that slide because after marriage friendship sometimes does drift...

Anyways as I end my rant... I want to say the last episode's acting was amazing. Everyone was on par! Just hate loose ends and when stuff doesn't make sense to me :)
natz thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Mahira won best actress popular which is because of fan voting.. when hum announced its nominations, i had a tiff with so many fans because i requested everyone to vote SQ since she DESERVES both the awards.

There's a difference between a good performance and an award winning performance. Mahira's performance in ST was a good performance but not an award winning one imo.
Hum needs to get rid of there bias and the popular category as its a joke.
And fans need to realize that you making Mahira win today when others are more deserving is going to hit you right hard back in the face since the day Mahira will actually be deserving, that day she won't win one most likely like it happened to others.

I disagree with that Sana. The whole idea behind "fan voting" is quite democratic IMO. If the audience thinks MK is more deserving then its fair that she's won. Some people (myself included) are really biased and refuse to acknowledge another performer. Isn't charming/ connecting with the audience part of acting? If a person has succeeded in doing that, they deserve the award. 😳

Perhaps the award should be called "most loved male/ female actor" or whatever πŸ˜†
natz thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

So I am the only person who didn't get it?

First of all, who wear's cotton sari's in Lahore in the 90s? I visited twice in that era and I don't remember seeing ANYONE..

Also, why couldn't they all visit? I mean I assume Ruby stayed because of the kids, but they all could've went to the Janazah... I mean Shanno would be their Phuphi/Khala too right?

The best part of the last episode was when Khalil pushes Sheeda and says get lost! And how Amin Saab stops Khalil to apologize... And how Kausar stops him.

I think I'm just really mad at how quickly Khalil got married and still resented Shanno. Didn't she do this to stay away from him for a year? Why didn't she bring him back? Was it because he got married so quickly? Then why didn't Doctor Maqsood butt in.. or was his only job to separate them! I also wish they showed what happened with Humaira but I'll let that slide because after marriage friendship sometimes does drift...

Anyways as I end my rant... I want to say the last episode's acting was amazing. Everyone was on par! Just hate loose ends and when stuff doesn't make sense to me :)

Thank God for your post... I don't feel loopy anymore πŸ˜†

Agree, one feels for Khalil but there's no explanation about why/ who he got married to, what were his wife's motivations at the time of marriage if she was shown regretting later, what happened to Shano when Khalil got married.

I was so glad Humaira got her senses back in time... but yeah, what happened to her?

Can't help but feel Hum rushed it
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: natz

I disagree with that Sana. The whole idea behind "fan voting" is quite democratic IMO. If the audience thinks MK is more deserving then its fair that she's won. Some people (myself included) are really biased and refuse to acknowledge another performer. Isn't charming/ connecting with the audience part of acting? If a person has succeeded in doing that, they deserve the award. 😳

Perhaps the award should be called "most loved male/ female actor" or whatever πŸ˜†

Connectivity and impact shouldn't determine the best actress award natz.. then again the main blame i popular voting. It doesn't play out to be fair because we all judge performance differently.
I loved Mahira in ST too but SQ was phenomenal in BILY and rightfully should've won.

The awards that shouldn't have gone to ST were best drama and best writer.. KRQ should've won for BILY but i guess they gave it to him because ST is an autobiography.

And im in the minority but i don't mind Adnan winning for ST.. love or hate the drama it created a buzz. I've seen parts of Mehram and Alvida and I don't see the big deal in Zahid's performance so bash me all you want πŸ˜†
BlackStar. thumbnail
The biggest blunder that Hum has ever made imo is not having a jury category the first time..