ETT(Sal-Kat) 1st bolly JODI at movieland wax museum in usa/canada!!

Posted: 10 years ago

They have one in cali too!!

Bollywood arrives in Niagara !!

By Alison Langley, Niagara Falls Review

Standing across from President Barack Obama and his wife MIchelle are two stars from a blockbuster that made millions worldwide.

Wax figures of Katrina Kaif and Salman Khan are the newest additions to the Movieland Wax Museum of the Stars on Clifton Hill.

The duo stared in 2012's Ek Tha Tiger, the second highest-grossing Bollywood film.

While the actors may not be well known to some Canadian audiences, Joel Noden, director of marketing with HOCO Entertainment and Resorts, said the duo are a hit with international audiences.

"Bollywood actors are known around the world," he said.

"The Bollywood film industry is enormously popular. It's phenomenal and these actors have a huge following around the world."

The wax museum has over 100 figures and 70 sets depicting actors in the scenes that made them famous.

Noden said the new figures appeal to both an international - and local - audience.

"I think that Canada, Ontario, and Niagara Falls are becoming more ethnically diverse."

The figures are changed periodically, depending on what's popular.

Once an actor has been selected, detailed photos are sent to an artist in California.

movieland-ext

Wax Museum in Niagara Falls introduces some new additions!

The Movieland Wax Museum of the Stars located on Clifton Hill has unveiled some new Bollywood additions recently, Katrina Kaif and Salman Khan, both starring in the Bollywood movie, Ek Tha Tiger. The wax museum has over 100 figures and 70 sets depicting the actors in the scenes that made them famous, and now the wax museum has decided to branch out and introduce some figures that may not be well known to Canadian and US residents, but are huge in the Indian cultures. This is the second Bollywood set that Movieland Wax Museum has produced; the first being the very famous, Shah Rukh Khan featured from his movie, Don 2.

Wax Museum

This wax museum features wax figures for every age group, from young children to the elderly. Many sets are interactive in that you not only have the ability to take pictures next to them, but you can sit on the same bench as Forrest Gump or even sit in between the Obamas! These are just a couple of examples " there are even interactive trivia scenes such as "Guess the Dwarf?" trivia in the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves set.

Hollywood sensations like Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones and Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft, as well as Harry Potter, the Terminator, Marilyn Monroe, The Dark Night, Mr. T, Austin Powers, Freddy Krueger and Eddie Murphy are just some of the celebrities that you will see here! There is also a room dedicated to music and recording artists which includes Elvis Presley, Hannah Montana, Shania Twain, Madonna, Cher, Michael Jackson, Bette Midler, Justin Bieber, Barbra Streisand and more.

Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
OMG such ugly dolls
fire the sculptor
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Aye Sabasss 👏 ⭐️
HotFuzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Salmans statue does not look like him 😕
982969 thumbnail
They look sooo freaking funny 😆
Kat looks more like a tranny...😲
Edited by Fiery.Phoenix - 10 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

W*F?! 🤣

Word Count: 1

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
perfect gifs cpr

sallu 🤣
Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ugh I've been there so many times.. Its lost its charm and it's creepy cuz its too quiet 😕
But still I guess I will go to check them out anyways 😆
Sal-Kat ❤️

Bring my bebo please 😳
Edited by BindaasReena - 10 years ago
707763 thumbnail
cLIFTON hiLL is like my fantasy land..
ive never been in this musuem.. buttt im def going now! will take pics soon.

SAL KAT..my loveelly couple :P <3 🤗
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ughhh what have they done to the statues? It doesn't look like Sallu, it looks more like Barbie's Ken... And Katz looks so wide and disproportionate...