Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Kareena didn't even start her peak until she hit 27 whereas Rani hit her peak when she was much younger and thus fizzled out when she was younger than 30. 
Question...is there really that much of a difference between their careers? Rani's peak lasted about 2-3 years from 2004-2006 and Kareena's 4 years from 2007-2011. 2012 was a bad year for Kareena and 2013 was the end of the road. The ends of their careers are both similar and for the exact same reason too...one stuck too much to YRF/Khans and the other to Dharma/Khans, rejecting good roles in the process. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't think it's a fair comparison for Rani. Because Rani started way before Bebo..so she had her share of popularity and success. 
But then I thought I should calculate the year both of them debuted to the year they had a set back..for Rani it is LCMD was her last film before her downfall...Kareena her last success was Talaash...when compared both numbers..Kareena lasted for 12 years..and Rani for 10 years. So I guess your right...Kareena lasted longer. Obv Kareena's downfall hasn't started yet as she is still doing movies and she still being talked about. 

Obv both of these actresses are talented enough to make a comeback. Rani already made a comeback with Talaash and NOKJ. But because the new generations have different fav actresses..she might be on the top again. or Popular. 
Edited by beboholic - 10 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I believe that Rani has always been a far better actress than Kareena. She has displayed a greater amount of versatility. She also had a far greater run at the top than Kareena. Rani has given a lot of note-worthy performances whereas Kareena hasn't (in my opinion). Some say that JWM was Kareena's best; I beg to differ. 

Rani's main problem began when she started to become very choosy with her scripts. And while she thought she was selecting good scripts, the opposite was true.
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dont know
My history is weak
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I remember how hugely both Rani and Preity benefited when Aishwarya was made the outcast post the Chalte Chalte fiasco. They got all the big movies Ash was then out of.

Rani and Preity were never number 1 material. Their peak time was 2003-05, and that was thanks to the same time being a weak time in Aishwarya's career. Once Ash bounced back again in 2005-06, they were gone!

Coming to Kareena, she almost debuted around the same time as Ash, Rani and Preity, but she neither had the popularity nor the hits to hold a candle to their stardom.

It was only when Rani and Preity were no more in the running for top 3, suddenly two places had emptied and that made way for Kareena and Priyanka to make entry into the top 3. This happened in 2007.

Kareena had three other major hits after Jab We Met with 3 Idiots, Golmaal 3 and Bodyguard. After that she hasn't delivered a single hit. And now her place has been taken over by Deepika. 2012 was her descent and marked Deepika's ascent.

Both Rani and Kareena are similar in the regard that they tried too hard to suck up to the Khans and the Khans dumped them when they werent in the top anymore. And too much reliance on YRF and Dharma made it worse.

But have to say Kareena's fall is far more gradual. Rani's happened too quickly.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Rani's association with YRF primarily. If you look back the actresses who had to struggle a bit even after successful debuts/initial films are the ones who survived the longest vs the ones who had it easy. Probably because they learnt tricks of the trade the hard way or built contacts with a wide range of people. 
sparkle2985 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ponymo

I remember how hugely both Rani and Preity benefited when Aishwarya was made the outcast post the Chalte Chalte fiasco. They got all the big movies Ash was then out of.

Rani and Preity were never number 1 material. Their peak time was 2003-05, and that was thanks to the same time being a weak time in Aishwarya's career. Once Ash bounced back again in 2005-06, they were gone!

Coming to Kareena, she almost debuted around the same time as Ash, Rani and Preity, but she neither had the popularity nor the hits to hold a candle to their stardom.

It was only when Rani and Preity were no more in the running for top 3, suddenly two places had emptied and that made way for Kareena and Priyanka to make entry into the top 3. This happened in 2007.

Kareena had three other major hits after Jab We Met with 3 Idiots, Golmaal 3 and Bodyguard. After that she hasn't delivered a single hit. And now her place has been taken over by Deepika. 2012 was her descent and marked Deepika's ascent.

Both Rani and Kareena are similar in the regard that they tried too hard to suck up to the Khans and the Khans dumped them when they werent in the top anymore. And too much reliance on YRF and Dharma made it worse.

But have to say Kareena's fall is far more gradual. Rani's happened too quickly.

v v well said
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rani farts a lot and whole unit has to evacuate.. thats why.  Edited by AllBlacks1 - 10 years ago
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
One of the reasons for heroines to stay longer at BO is to cater to the male fantasy apart from acting competently. Rani somehow never had that pull.
cee7 thumbnail
Rani is easily the more talented between her and Kareena but I do find her a bit repetitive in her acting choices sometimes, although I think she is vastly more watchable than her annoying cousin. 

There's only one major difference in her and Kareena's descent so to speak, I believe with Rani, it's of her choosing. She's always been a great actress, and has always been in demand. It seems like she's consciously chosen to go away into oblivion though. I dont think it's for shortage of offers. With Kareena, she chooses the wrong things and her so-called versatility is vastly overrated. She can never nail the quiet roles and her mentality of being a 16-year-old trapped in a 33-year-old body comes across far too visibly. 

Rani could definitely come back. It's all up to her to choose the best role to make it happen. I dont particularly like her personality, something about her just rubs me the wrong way, but I cant deny her talent. She simply draws you in when she's onscreen.