Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: raj.

Please ,dont club rani with Preity..Rani is much more powerful and versatile than preity as an actress๐Ÿ˜Š

I clubbed them for appeasing Khans, YRF and Dharma. Not acting.๐Ÿ˜Š
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

She also had that infamous fight with media during shooting of LCMD. Then lashed out at them even in a press conference which she gave around this incident.

What to talk of PR?

That incident made media draw their claws out against her. After that every other day they would announce she had started smoking, was consulting pundits to revive her career and she was nowhere in career anymore, how she had problems and fights with co stars and whatnot. 

She was either ignored or written badly about from then on.

I remember everything..apparently,some people from varanasi did bhoot pooja to doom her career..also i remember her effigies were burnt ..๐Ÿคขit was very sad for us ..
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Acting is not the only way to survive in BW for an actress. You need much more. Style, looks, charm, PR and controversies. You have to stay in news for your offscreen life that grabs people's interest.
And then it's all about luck. 

Kareena had the luck and like many people here are saying she has an X factor. Not many actresses have that. 

Originally posted by: raj.

Please ,dont club rani with Preity..Rani is much more powerful and versatile than preity as an actress๐Ÿ˜Š

I disagree preity is just as verstatile and more so!! Rani was more hyped as she was a star kid, kajols cousin etc..and Preity went and did a movie heaven which was on women abuse and got an apasra award, and she didnt just stick to yash raj and dharma she tried outside directors post jhoom barbar jhoom which was terrible, snd in KANK her role was appreciated over Ranis who was irritating and her character did not connect!! 
Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
atominis thumbnail
Preity did make bold choices like Kya Kehna and Heaven on earth but she is no way comparable to Rani. She could never have done what Rani did in Black. She mostly had urban image whereas Rani could excel playing lower middle class housewife in Yuva.
I do not think Rani was hyped simply for being from a film family. She would not have received such treatment from media and industry post LCMD controversy and flops MP and Paheli, had she been getting preference for being a star's cousin! In beginning also she had to do trashy films like Raja ki aayegi baraat and Mehendi, and was not handed big movies on a platter. 

Preity did make bold choices like Kya Kehna and Heaven on earth but she is no way comparable to Rani. She could never have done what Rani did in Black. She mostly had urban image whereas Rani could excel playing lower middle class housewife in Yuva.

I do not think Rani was hyped simply for being from a film family. She would not have received such treatment from media and industry post LCMD controversy and flops MP and Paheli, had she been getting preference for being a star's cousin! In beginning also she had to do trashy films like Raja ki aayegi baraat and Mehendi, and was not handed big movies on a platter. 

Well i disagree and will leave it that, as you have your view and i mine, because given the opportunity i think she could have done a black, and Preitys debut was impressive in both solider and dil se!!

And regarding opportunities, she was re launched by yash raj in bol hiddipa because her personal assiciation with adi, ( though it did not work,) jessica was decent but vidya outshined her, and aiyaa was bad,  Preity did not have that and decided to late on her comeback in a hideous movie which should have been shelved..and never released!! Even now rani whose married in case wants too like sridevi can do a movie and not worry on money whether her movie will do good or not!! 

I just wish Preity hadnt decided to join the IPL!! And gVe away the opportunity on others to take over so soon like Kareena but she was good in jab we met so that was well deserved!!  but others got the chance once both rani and Preity werent in the limelight, and acting became less important and instead we got more models turning into actresses and now star kids!! 

On topic: rani career shorter then Kareena because she just kept to yash raj, plus she not as glam as kareena has become over the years, and now glam is more important then just acting, why else would  someone like katrina who was struggling earlier rise and that with glam roles? With both preity and rani no longer in lime light due to reasons, Preitys more so choosing IPL over her career!! 
Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Rani was also there in Filmfare, India today, Rediff and Outlook power lists at her peak.

Agree on her getting typecast and lack of glamour quotient.

But hair skin etc. Make no difference. As an actress, Rani will be remembered more than Kareena.

Rani also lacked tactics of making news with blabbermouth interviews.

Yes but Kareena despite flops was topping lists while rani topped most lists at her peak. That's the difference.

Also, fashion in general matters now. Especially with this generation bc of how shallow and look-conscious everyone has become. I think rani might be remembered as a better actress but look at how much hype and buzz Kareena generates on average compared to others. Maybe Kareem's has better PR, whatever's but she continues to be relevant despite 2 string of flop phases.

Kareena is basically stuck in this same rut rani was in 2007. But rani was momentarily able to bounce back with NOKJ however she's fading away. Mardaani will def be a good test. Honestly, I would love rani to come back with a bang with the current talent pool is so limited. ๐Ÿ˜†
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: scorpio_bins

YRF didn't give her big projects after 2006 though. They went for newbie Anushka and Kat opposite. Adi knows business very well. 

They gave her plenty of big films after 2006. They just all flopped. Remember, both YRF and Rani sunk together around the same time...besides CDI every YRF film flopped after 2006 and that's why Adi made Rab Ne with SRK..YRF was almost bankrupt back then and Rab ne saved them for a little bit. YRF regained footing post BBB and films with the 3 Khans. 

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

CC was probably her big-break after critically acclaimed Sathiya. Before that she was working with Govinda, Bobby, etc.

Ah, the greatness of SRK-Rani pair... it was probably shoved down our throats by K-Jo. ๐Ÿ˜†  

Wasn't KKHH her big break? ๐Ÿ˜† 

I thought she rejected CC first because it was too similar to Saathiya? It then went to Aish and the whole fiasco happened after which it came back to Rani who agreed to do it. I guess she did well in 2003 and then peaked around 2004-2005 and 2006 was the end. She also worked with Salman/Hrithik before CC. 

Edited by chocolover89 - 10 years ago
I think Rani is better actress than Kareena,but bebo has better screen presence...Also I thought Rani was bad in roles that required comic timing...BnB gave me a headache cuz of her loud crying..she went OTT hamming playing a gaon gi gori feisty naughty Bubby...Kareena nails these kinda roles usually!
Bebo lasted longer cuz she had the X-factor,youth,looks,right support in the industry (I think Rani association with Adi didnt go well with some ppl in the industry)..Kareena is like Aish...their brand value never decreased no matter how many flops they delivered.

PS:Rani is way versatile actress than PZ,but when it comes to popularity and success they are leveled.PZ -Rani are equally remembered or ignored in the audience mind.
Edited by AquaBlue. - 10 years ago
JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I thought everyone here said Kareena's time is over.  So what makes her that different from Rani?