Faisal seems to have grabbed the meatier role!

MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Before I start this post let me clarify, I am a huge Shabir fan. He's the reason that I even started watching this show. And initially when I saw the first episode I didnt like Suresh, I am not fond of characters like that. Not too much. But in just 3 episodes he seemed to have established himself comfortably. A character whom I initially thought would be irritating,now seems endearing. Faisal seems to have hit the gold. This role can have lots of nuances, huge potential and atleast in the beginning episodes this guy seems to be right on track.
Now coming to Shabir( my fav!!! <3) I dont know why bit I have a feeling they'll potray him as a fame hungry brat with a really shallow character but with a heart of gold. And I really am not interested in that there have been too many characters like that, I want to see a Rockstar with a depth in character, a backstory. I am really hoping for that. But I 've feeling I might be disappointed.
Still Sriti - Shabir chemistry is looking really interesting right now! Really excited for that!
Edited by MagicalKash - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Have to agree. 
Shabbir's character is overdone. Ekta did it with Angad and Robby already. I want to see something new. Shabbir's voice modulation has improved so much though. 
Faisal has definitely grabbed the better role. He is ADORABLE. He is so likeable, inspite of his average appearance. 
I like this about the show. None of the actors look like they belong in Vogue covers, instead they are regular people with regular clothes and normal appearance. I totally expect a math professor to look like Suresh, a junior professor to look like Pragya. 
.GrangerMalfoy. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think I'll reserve judgement till all the characters are properly shown. 😛

But for me the bad boy charm never fades 😆
MagicalKash thumbnail

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Have to agree. 

Shabbir's character is overdone. Ekta did it with Angad and Robby already. I want to see something new. Shabbir's voice modulation has improved so much though. 
Faisal has definitely grabbed the better role. He is ADORABLE. He is so likeable, inspite of his average appearance. 
I like this about the show. None of the actors look like they belong in Vogue covers, instead they are regular people with regular clothes and normal appearance. I totally expect a math professor to look like Suresh, a junior professor to look like Pragya. 

Bingo at bold. The show is very close to reality at the moment atleast. Hopefully Shabir's characterisation is good too.

Star_girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: MagicalKash

Bingo at bold. The show is very close to reality at the moment atleast. Hopefully Shabir's characterisation is good too.

I hope for the same thing. I am okay with the spoilt brat image, but maybe with some interesting shades and a solid backstory. 
MagicalKash thumbnail

Originally posted by: ASRaddictKKG

I think I'll reserve judgement till all the characters are properly shown. 😛

But for me the bad boy charm never fades 😆

Lol. Yeah a bad boy has his own charm. But he can be a bit complex too right and a bit relatable nai? I don't think that would hurt the bad boy image Tongue
Star_girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: MagicalKash

Lol. Yeah a bad boy has his own charm. But he can be a bit complex too right and a bit relatable nai? I don't think that would hurt the bad boy image 😛

You know what, I feel they should take Shabbir back to his Rishi days, only with lesser women and more moral conscience. Slightly more. Not too much. ðŸ˜†
Rishi was one ambiguous and complex character. Would love to see something like him again. 
Edited by Star_girl - 10 years ago
bright_star89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yes, definitely!
haven't seen him before , but he seems to be a  fabulous actoractor... and his character is established very well...
I love his mannerisms, not caricaturish at all.. and he doesn't overdo the nerdy act.. balanced and good.
Shabbir's  concert scene looked quite tacky to me... 
and bulbul's outburst was also OTT! 
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Haven't seen today's episode so cannot comment on Shabbir yet, but you are right, Faisal Rasheed is just bang on as Suresh and its really commendable how he made a character, which could very easily have gone over the top, so endearing. So kudos to him! Especially being his 1st TV role, its quite something. 

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Have to agree. 

So far this was what I appreciated most about the show. Its as close to real life as possible with totally relatable characters. 
ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
After today's episode it's clear. The pairings Ekta's trying to create here are Suresh-Bulbul and Abhi-Pragya. Let's see how it plays out, but I think you may be right, he'll be a very shallow character. *sigh* Anyways, I see this story going the Kayamath way where Pragya and Suresh (Prachi and Neev) fall in love and want to get married, but Pragya will end up married to Abhi due to some circumstance (just like how Prachi got married to Milind) and Suresh will always be completely in love with Pragya and will make Bulbul second best, who he probably will get married to later. Just my views.