New Article : Review>>Sriti Jha nails it in Kumkum Bhagya on ZEE

Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Ekta Kapoor's latest offering on Zee TV Kumkum Bhagya, has proved from the very first episode that it will climb the numero uno position very soon. The first episode of the show which aired tonight was tightly written.

Kumkum Bhagya's lead character Pragya played by Sriti Jha is a woman of today's time yet she is rooted well into her culture. Pragya is a responsible daughter of Sarla Arora who runs a marriage hall. She has another beautiful daughter Bulbul played by Mrunal Thakur who is totally opposite of Pragya.

The episode started with a rock concert where the rockstar Abhi aka Shabbir Ahluwalia, who wasn't revealed yet is singing and crowd goes crazy for him. Bulbul is actually dreaming about it when Pragya comes and wakes her up. It is Pragya's marriage day.She is going to marry a man whom she doesn't know too well but likes his simplicity. On the other hand, there is a character called Suresh played by Faisal Rashid who is in love with Pragya but hides his feelings for her. Both Pragya and Suresh work as Professors at the same college.

Suresh's character looks inspired by Shahrukh Khan's in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. Faisal plays it well and looks very cute in all his antics.

Pragya's to be mother in law creates a scene saying she would have married her son to Bulbul as she is more beautiful than Pragya. She demands to get the marriage hall as dowry to continue with this marriage. Pragya comes to know about it and refuses to marry.

The most commendable thing in the show is that the protagonist is not shown as a weak woman who is dying to get a groom. Sriti nails the character of Pragya and with effective dialogue delivery creates the much needed high point in the episode. Balaji's favorite Dialogue Writer Dheeraj Sarna has penned down the most powerful and gripping dialogues for the show which doesn't sound too heavy to the ears.

All the actors have done a nice job. This show has replaced Ekta's own show Pavitra Rishta which is now shifted to 6.30 pm slot. Ekta knows how to rule the hearts of her audiences and by Kumkum Bhagya she will surely recreate her magical charm. Kudos to Kumkum Bhagya team!

We really wish that it sticks to its simple and gripping story line which is the backbone of the show.

http://www.pinkvilla.com/tvtags/ekta-kapoor/review-sriti-jha-nails-it-zee-tv-s-kumkum-bhagya

Edited by ZenerDiode - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RatiTheAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
if the  first epic was soo nice and ppl giving good response i know this show gone rock and  thaxxx for sharing the article
tech-tonic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sriti Jha was impressive in the first episode.👍🏼
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
even i made the connection between suresh and shah rukh character in rab ne bana di jodi.

yes,sriti nailed it in the 1st epi... especially in that scene where she breaks off her marriage. i loved her dialogues and her way of delievering them. i hope her character doesnt get butchered like in the past 😡 that would stink😔
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yup she nailed it. Thoroughly believable 
Homeslice thumbnail
Yes, I totally agree with this article! The first episode was extremely well written! Hats off to the team. 
.GrangerMalfoy. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The first episode was brilliant. Everybody was bang on!

Hope they keep the same quality throughout! ❤️
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ASRaddictKKG

The first episode was brilliant. Everybody was bang on!

Hope they keep the same quality throughout! ❤️

It was pretty good, no? I really liked it. 
Now, we will see as the love stories come along whether they have the ability to weave a tight-knit plotline. I missed Shabbir though. 😆
.GrangerMalfoy. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Star_girl

It was pretty good, no? I really liked it.
Now, we will see as the love stories come along whether they have the ability to weave a tight-knit plotline. I missed Shabbir though. 😆

It was. First episodes are usually boring with all the introductions but this was a very-well written and fast-paced episode.

I have a feeling Ekta is trying something new with this show! ⭐️

Dude. I C.A.N.N.O.T wait for his first proper look and their first meeting. I haven't been this excited for a show for a long time. 😳
abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i am also exicted for his entry and first meetEdited by abhiyaneetu - 10 years ago