Views

Users

Frequent Posters

knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Abhay -
Woowww, however u cud remember so much abt the events and the booksπŸ˜†

Thanks for the post, I came to know abt new info, the chatter... If i get another chance to visit FS then I ll specifically look for this chattri in MUZ's tomb place.

As always, it was wonderful reading thro ur postsπŸ˜ƒ

@myviewprem - Thanks so much for bringing out these pointsπŸ‘ after which only we got these corrected and verified by abhay.
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Chronicles are not only way of getting facts. In those times merchants, priests, ambassdors etc travelled and wrote about it. I am sure US historians took overall view and interpreted history.

Like Salim is completely not there for 10-15 years from akbarnama so people convinently skipped family issues in chronicles. Same thing for surajmal and other issues i pointed out may be?
history greek thanks for chronicles and book list but these books are mostly written from winner view point. So although i read them i do not consider them as truth usually. Every story has two sides a winners and losers when we take both views than we can interpret the truth somewhere in between.
Thanks for informing that after marriage usually girls did not visit mayka. In 21st century annual holidays are usually spent in mayka by every girl in india usually. Is this custom still there? But then what about not eating food with their mughal relatives and vice versa??
Regarding Muz having chatri on her moseuleum even taj mahal has trishul on top along with moon. That does not make mumtaz mahal an hindu or shah jahan. Jehangir must have added it because his mom was rajputh hindu. Like he built an hindu temple inside agra fort for his mothers/wives to pray although he followed islam. Thank God Aurangzeb did not get it demolished for putting trishul on top.
Like i said mughal were multi cultural multi religion multi ethnic by nature so they followed many religions, cultures etc. An ambassdor mentioned jehangir room has Mother mary and jesus photo and lord krishna idol in jehangir's room with holy koran that does not make him christain or hindu? Its the way we indians are brought up even today in 21st century, where we respect other religions too and celebrate their festivals like our own. Its great that akbar/jehangir/shah jahan started that trend in 16th century. Akbar liked jainism and gave up meat eating largely and Jehangir also did same in later years. But they did become jains. They were just following some customs of other religions which they liked or were convinced off.
Asia was a pioneer in promoting human rights and oneness and multi religion culture when people were being burnt on stakes in europe. It all started with Roman empire and Egypt empire mixing of two great cultures and religions, Alexander's rule, Ghenghis Khan who married a buddist and son married Christian, finally culiminating in mughals marrying rajputh princess. If you observe everywhere the powerful is always man(Mark anthony, alexander, genghis kahn etc) in relationship and girls are always married to other religious men to save empire whether Cleopatra, Jodha, Hira, Chinese wife of Ghenghis khan etc. Later on its luck of girl if her husband the emperor turns out to be good person. Majority of these men married and treated the wives/lovers nicely. Hence we still remember them and their stories.
Anyways i rest my arguments here. This topic was only to ensure surajmal is respected not treated as traitor as he was rightful heir of throne of amber.
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Welcome myviewprem. I mentioned some accounts so that the issue becomes clear.

So, finally i am giving another comment here.

1. If Jahangir is not mentioned in Akbarnama, then it does not means that he NOT mentioned in any of the contemporary accounts also. Again many accounts are present related to him. I have written this many times that ENTIRE history of Akbar cannot be documented in a book of some hundred of pages. Anyways, not only Jahangir but other sons are ALSO NOT present in Akbarnama majorly. Not only sons, the daughters are also not mentioned.
Akbarnama is mainly a political conquest, with SOME personal events.

2. Regarding Chronicles.
It seems you have NOT been through these sources which i mentioned(I am sure.😊) because HAD that been the case then the point of winners writing history would not have come here.
I DELIBERATELY wrote about many Persian sources + Few Rajputana Sources, and even Western Sources in this list. This i DID to balance the references.

Anyways, regarding US historians i am STILL of the view that they have written AFTER reading Indian accounts. So, i refer reading the ORIGINAL accounts rather than reading views of others.

No matter how much research is done, still can not match with contemporary ones.😊 Also the chronicles cover the accounts of travellers and other ambassadors. These are not different.

Here we are back to square ONE...πŸ˜†...Same point again..!!...
I explained the differences so nicely...Anyways..!...M adding here also...

I mentioned MUZ's tomb and "Chattri" due to your earlier reply wherein you mentioned that she constructed mosques..
So, i mentioned Akbar also constructed temples, Man Singh/Bhagwan Das Constructed mosques..
Anyways, MUZ's tomb having chattri is very much UNIQUE.

BUT this clause is not comparable to Taj Mahal and it's mention is NOT FIT here.πŸ˜‰
Constructing one full structure(Chattri) as per Rajvanshie custom and a presence of Trishul(as you mentioned). Both are different issues altogether.

You said Taj contains Trishul.!.😊
If want REASONS, they are in Rajasthan State Archives.

OR

For more details why this trishul(as you mentioned) is/may be present .?.
Badshahnama, Volume-1, Page-403..(Chronicle of Shah Jahan's time period.πŸ˜‰)
Will get it there. (I hope the page number is correct..!!..)

Though i repeat it is NOT possible to compare MUZ's tomb chatri and Taj Mahal's trishul
They DO NOT match AT ALL
..!!..It will be clear if one reads about Taj Mahal more.😊

This is strange concept that if someone stops eating Meat then he/she is compared to a Jain?πŸ˜•
How is this deduction possible..!!!!...Anyways..!!...
BTW, Here also an interesting theory.πŸ˜‰...Badayuni in Muntakhab-Ut-Tawarikh, has given an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT reason for this...
He says his Hindu Begum's' πŸ˜‰ did not allow him to eat meat and influenced his eating habits..!..πŸ˜†
(Note:: I do not have the book and hence don't remember the lines.But he said so..πŸ˜†)

Regarding not eating with Mughal relatives and vice-versa.
Again it seems it's a lack of proper reading from the accounts.πŸ˜•
It's mentioned at some places that they did not drink/eat.
Infact, Akbar had a practice(as said) not to eat with his Hindu Fathers in Law
But, those accounts also MENTION that they DID eat/drink together.πŸ˜‰

As i said before Akbar was practical. And, was not by the book person.
And as i mentioned in my reply above ALSO that we should NOT go by what authors write, and should verify of we can get something different.

The points in your above comment are VERY MUCH CLEAR and are not confusing, provided some more digging is done..!!..Hope this time i am clear...I sign off now.😊

P.S. --
1. The accounts i mentioned above cover many topics. And they are too tough to be found.
2. Had a nice discussion here.
3. Yes Sujamal was the rightful heir. I agree.
Edited by history_geek - 10 years ago