Sujamal - The real history

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Sujamal is always shown as betraying amer and Mughal empire. I was wondering about real sujamal how was he? And here is a bit of my research from various books like history of india etc
If you thought Mughals are cruel and only one's to kill siblings and nephews for throne think again. Almost all empires and kingdoms big and small would kill, betray blood for throne. Bharamal was one such opportunist person.
When Prithviraj Singh I died he was succedded by Raja Purnamal his eldest son from first wife. Surajmal was the son of Raja Purnamal. Raja Purnamal was a associate of emperor of Humayun and helped him on many campaigns. In one such campaign to capture the fort of Bharatpur district he lost his life in battle. Purnamal saved Humayun life once in battle previously and Humayun was greatful and good friends with him. Surajmal was crown prince and should have been rightly the next King but he was small just a baby.
Bhim Singh, Purnamal's younger brother from same mother became the next King and made his son Ratan Singh as crown Prince but died within three years. Ratan Singh became king for next 10 years and was killed by his own step brother Askaran for throne in 1948. The people of Amber dethroned Askaran(mutiny) and placed Bharamal the uncle of Ratan and Surajmal as care taker king till Surajmal was mature to rule. Bharamal was the son of 4th wife of Prithviraj.
Now Humayun was no longer an emperor and was in exile and could not help his friend and associate Purnamal and his son Surajmal. The kid Surajmal to his maternal grandmother's house with his mother the Tanwar Royal family. He lived and died in his maternal grandmother's house. He came back to ask for his right to the throne but it was never offered to him and Bhagwan Das was made the crown prince. So Surajmal decided to meet Akbar who was Humayun's son as his father Purnamal and Humayun were friends and request justice. But he never joined Sharifuddin or Adam Khan.
Bharamal came to know of his plan and decided to thwart his move by offering to marry Jodha to Akbar so that his family stays the king of Amber. Rest as they say is history where Sharifuddin wages war and captures his sons and nephews and demands money. And Bharamal uses this situation to propose marriage to Jodha and make Akbar his son-in-law. Thus Surajmal never got justice. So Surajmal lived and died in his maternal grandmother's house a betrayed prince.
Did Akbar know about surajmal? Yes
Did he know his father saved Humayun life and was close to him? May be not who knows what story Bharamal told him? Anyways its in Bharamal interest to make Surajmal villan in Akbar's eyes. Hamida was not married to Humayun then so she would have no idea and Gulbadan was a kid then and Maham was bnot in picture anyways then. So they may not be aware of this fact and so Akbar would have no idea too and would know only Bharamal side of story.
Did Jodha love or like Surajmal? Not really as shown in movie and story because Surajmal was packed off to his grand mom house when she was a very small baby and he a small boy(He was a year old when his dad died in 1534 and at age of 12 sent off). She may have never met him all her life actually but only as baby. This was because Ratan Singh had already isolated Surajmal and his mother to stay far off from royal palace in penury without contact to roayl family. It was a great thing they left them both alive.
And anyway even if he knew Akbar was majboor because he was relative to Bharamal and many of his sons were in his service he could not antogise all of them and help Surajmal the rightful heir of Amber.
Who knows if Akbar knew truth before marrying Jodha he may have become great friends with Surajmal instead of Bhagwan Das and family? And given him justice?
Now there is a curse in Jaipur family they do not have male heirs after Purnamal. Has it got to do with the injustice they did to Surajmal and his mother? Interestinggg aspectt someone should research on this fact.
FYI- Even Man Singh is adopted son of Bhagwan Das
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oiiinano thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hmmm...betrayed..prince...how pitty...s suja...
Tfs...myview...
in btw...how do u knw abt facts of history...i wannaa knw...plz let me knw
MyExiledSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Interesting ! TFS
I always had a doubt on the Jodha-Sujamal relation portrayed in the movie and serial, even I've read Suja grew up in his maternal parents house so it is possible that HK and he did not know each other very well but were just cousins ! BDW, I don't think Maan Singh was an adopted son of BD. Only some foreign authors have mentioned this in their work but they had no proof of it so it can be a fake story. 😊
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvnamratha

Hmmm...betrayed..prince...how pitty...s suja...
Tfs...myview...
in btw...how do u knw abt facts of history...i wannaa knw...plz let me knw

by reading books and articles
ngayou thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Is this really true 😲
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Res.

SUJAMAL WAS VERY MUCH A LOVABLE BROTHER OF Heera Kunwari.

Updated on page-3..
Link is::

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/103330410

😊

Edited by history_geek - 10 years ago
fatma201 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wonder how much is true.
Tfs
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shweta16

Interesting ! TFS

I always had a doubt on the Jodha-Sujamal relation portrayed in the movie and serial, even I've read Suja grew up in his maternal parents house so it is possible that HK and he did not know each other very well but were just cousins ! BDW, I don't think Maan Singh was an adopted son of BD. Only some foreign authors have mentioned this in their work but they had no proof of it so it can be a fake story. 😊

No the heirs are always adopted from cousins, the king does not have sons only daughters
Even as late as in 2002 the king of jaipur adopted a son
Jaipur family has a curse came in leading online magazines like rediff, indiatimes too
you can google and read, it cannot be such big papers and magazines lie about it??
MyExiledSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

No the heirs are always adopted from cousins, the king does not have sons only daughters
Even as late as in 2002 the king of jaipur adopted a son
Jaipur family has a curse came in leading online magazines like rediff, indiatimes too
you can google and read, it cannot be such big papers and magazines lie about it??

But Bhagwan Das had many sons apart from Maan Singh ! So how come the king had only daughters ? I do not know about the rest of the generation of Royal House of Jaipur so I won't comment on it but I'm quite sure that BD had sons apart from Maan Singh 😊
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: history_geek

Res.

SUJAMAL WAS VERY MUCH A LOVABLE BROTHER OF Heera Kunwari.

Not as per real history
he stayed from small age with maternal grandparents and never was treated like family by ratan singh and bharamal or askaran. He and his mom were more like outcasts in their own family and did not even allowed to stay in main palace after his father's death.
Neither any historical evidence is there that he and jodha ever met after childhood she was a baby less than 5 when he was sent off to his maternal grandmother's house and after that he was not allowed back to amber fort.
This brother-sister relationship is movie/serial creation not reality. I dount they both ever met after childhood. Surajmal was never invited to any family functions and not welcome at jaipur nor his mother. They lived with her parents all life.
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago