Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

826374 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: meribaat

Personally speaking, none of the actresses of today can be compared to even those of the 90s perhaps because of the quality of films made. The focus seems to rush and product and get into the 100 crore plus club. Heck, look at the music today, few songs will stand the test of time.

My impression of Deepika was always of a pretty girl who couldn't act to save her life. But she totally surprised me in Cocktail. Race2 was back to the wooden acting if you ask me, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her in YJHD, CE and RL. She still has to improve before she can reach the level of a Kajol say, she has worked hard when clearly acting is not her talent and there is better talent among her contemporaries.

So in the end Deepika has my respect as an actress because of sheer hard work and wanting to improve. As the saying goes 'Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration". Sona clearly proved she can act in Lootera, yet insists of signing flowerpot roles to guarantee entries into the 100 crore club. Kareena is the classic example of an actress who has lots of talent, she could have been the female Ranbir, but through what comes across as sheer laziness, bad attitude, terrible script choices and wanting to be a star instead of an actress, she wasted her talent.

In the end when it comes down to it for me, IMO people would rather support someone who is clearly less talented but wants to make up for it by means of working very hard than someone who has clearly been blessed with enormous talent but is wasting it.

pakad lia 😛 😆...words of wisdom 👍🏼
lompatmape thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Personally speaking, none of the actresses of today can be compared to even those of the 90s perhaps because of the quality of films made. The focus seems to rush and product and get into the 100 crore plus club. Heck, look at the music today, few songs will stand the test of time.

My impression of Deepika was always of a pretty girl who couldn't act to save her life. But she totally surprised me in Cocktail. Race2 was back to the wooden acting if you ask me, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her in YJHD, CE and RL. She still has to improve before she can reach the level of a Kajol say, she has worked hard when clearly acting is not her talent and there is better talent among her contemporaries.

So in the end Deepika has my respect as an actress because of sheer hard work and wanting to improve. As the saying goes 'Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration". Sona clearly proved she can act in Lootera, yet insists of signing flowerpot roles to guarantee entries into the 100 crore club. Kareena is the classic example of an actress who has lots of talent, she could have been the female Ranbir, but through what comes across as sheer laziness, bad attitude, terrible script choices and wanting to be a star instead of an actress, she wasted her talent.

In the end when it comes down to it for me, IMO people would rather support someone who is clearly less talented but wants to make up for it by means of working very hard than someone who has clearly been blessed with enormous talent but is wasting it.

👏👏👏👏👏👏

This is why i can't fully support someone like Sonakshi.
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deepika looks great, but still can't act. Ram Leela was patchy.
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

@ BOLD : THIS and only THIS..I totally understand that Sona did a flawless job in Lootera without any doubts..but then what was she doing in the other movies that released last year 😕
if she is so talented then she doesnt need to do such flowerpot roles and all those singin and dancing IMO..
thats where the difference lies IMO and Sona fans needs to realize that before criticizing DP always for her outstanding 2013...
the fact that she stole away the show in CE speaks a LOT about her comic timing!

anyways...everyone is never going to agree on the same point ever!
so to each their own! 😛

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I don't even consider RamLeela to be a film. Its just a bunch of sets put together in a century even SLB doesn't know anything about.

She is overrated yes. Race 2 was awful. YJHD first half was decent, but her dialogue delivery still needs help...the confession scene was hilariously bad. Both Ranbir and her...RL was strictly ok...and CE was her best last year (it also helps if your co-star gives the worst performance in BW in 20 years). But I wouldn't call any of these path breaking or anything. She has improved and that's great (at least for me...imagine sitting through more LAK/BAH. YIKES!).

Edited by chocolover89 - 10 years ago
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
"The only person Deepika is better than is Katrina and that's not saying much 😆"

I hope you meant acting-wise here.. because personality wise she doesn't even come close to Katrina. Deepika is overrated to a T.. and not only her acting skills, her looks are too.
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
New shield for the defenders.
monika_2691 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Atleast Deepika doesnt act in movies with good scripts just to prove that she can act,where as Sonakshi went on record saying she took up the role to shut up people who said she couldnt act ,and when she got the accolades promptly went back to doing mindless flicks!!! In the end , Deepika was voted by the people and the jury for the awards...so where does it leave a room for discussion? She is liked by who really matters...and yes she is not a great actress like meryl streep but she really is someone who gives her everything into performances ,and very hardworking and a good actress,one of the best of the current lot...and i admire her for that... Great directors wont queue up for her otherwise...and next time dont be so scathing,the actressess put in a lot more effort than you you give them credit for..
falsePromise thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Sci-Fi Squad

sonakshi is definitely a better actress than deepika bt deepika is better than some rests too
844043 thumbnail
At least she isn't being touted as the Meryl Streep of India and being put in the same bracket as Nutan, Meena Kumari, etc.

I'm a fan but even I know she isn't the greatest actor, probably not even top 5. But she has definitely come a long way from her wooden days and she's still improving.