Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

923901 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: fountainhead

Nice to know you are learning something! Where was Meryl Streep mentioned?

Considering on your judgement for GOOD actress requires to walk half naked and do sex scenes and kiss every min
Edited by Rambo.Rajkumar - 10 years ago
hasini009 thumbnail

Word Count: 0

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Lootera in general was snubbed, considering it was so highly rated by the critics. I'm glad that sona won at the zee cine awards for best actress critrics, she even dedicated the award to the whole team, I think that was the only award the movie even won
Edited by zarak65 - 10 years ago
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fountainhead

I don't like DP better than Sona! It's just the attitude of Sona & her fans that is offputting! There's something called grace which is clearly lacking! If Tabu had gone on protest for every movie she was ignored for at the awards, she would have ende up a very depressed soul!

If putting down DP helps them it's ok😆 And I feel Sona was perfect as Pakhi but then DP was perfect as Meenamma & Leela too. I feel though DP is not a great actress but she certainly deserved Filmfare popular award( which she got)& Sonakshi deserved best actress critics award. And outside world don't bother much about method acting & all.All they want is entertainment that's why Lootera was a flop. Sonakshi's fans should have issues with general public who didn't go to watch Lootera😆 Filmfare is usually given to hit films. Even I thought Dhanush or Ranveer deserved to win Filmfare but Farhan got it.

PS- Lootera was a snooze fest but it had excellent performances by Sonakshi & Ranveer but is it DP fans fault that Sonakshi didn't win Filmfare award? If they are so sad they can voice their opinion on Filmfare website!
Edited by SG200 - 10 years ago
A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rambo.Rajkumar

Considering on your judgement for GOOD actress requires to walk half naked and do sex scenes and kiss every min

Well u said Sona can do Leela minus the kissing scenes! Anyway we can agree to disagree & I did state #itsmyopinion! So you guys can continue with the bashing!
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

WOW. So kissing and wearing skanky clothes makes you Meryl Streep?😲
New things you learn on here daily 😆
Who called DP 'Meryl Streep'😆 last I read was Aliya is Meryl Streep!
Edited by SG200 - 10 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
she was good but not spectacular ranveer singh edged out
SportsFreak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
DP won the popular awards except one award where she won both jury and popular. Now i don't know how Sona fans are complaining about DP awards it's a given fact she is more popular than Sona. Plus the critics consistently praised DP in all her movies last year Sona got praised in only one role
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This topic is still active😆
Tell me one thing which is not overrated in IF. Deepika is versatile actress. She can do rom coms, romance, comedy, serious roles. Many actresses can't do that. Sonakshi was great in lootera and we are not denying that. But according to me deepika was phenomenal in all her roles last year.

It's not easy to pull of four different roles yet she did. Veronica, Naina, Leela, Meenama were four different roles and were equally challenging. There are things she's needs to improve on but hey all actresses need to improve on something. sonakshi was good as paakhi but she was not perfect as paakhi. She also needs to improve on many things just like how deepika needs to improve on things.

Forget deepika sonakshi even their seniors, priyanka kareen vidya needs to improve on things, vidya and priyanka are great actress and can do almost all types of roles except rom coms so they need to work on that.

Who's a better actress? Right now it's Deepika And this is my opinion. People can feel free to disagree with it. Why do I think she's better actress? Because she showed us that she can manage to pull of all types of roles. She can do rom coms, comic roles, serious roles, romance. So she's the best actress from the new lot. I am not counting priyanka vidya Kareena since they are seniors.

Sonakshi did a great job in lootera but she didnt did anything note worthy except lootera. Let's see if she can pulls of comedy romance rom coms as effortlessly as paakhi!
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Personally speaking, none of the actresses of today can be compared to even those of the 90s perhaps because of the quality of films made. The focus seems to rush and product and get into the 100 crore plus club. Heck, look at the music today, few songs will stand the test of time.

My impression of Deepika was always of a pretty girl who couldn't act to save her life. But she totally surprised me in Cocktail. Race2 was back to the wooden acting if you ask me, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her in YJHD, CE and RL. She still has to improve before she can reach the level of a Kajol say, she has worked hard when clearly acting is not her talent and there is better talent among her contemporaries.

So in the end Deepika has my respect as an actress because of sheer hard work and wanting to improve. As the saying goes 'Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration". Sona clearly proved she can act in Lootera, yet insists of signing flowerpot roles to guarantee entries into the 100 crore club. Kareena is the classic example of an actress who has lots of talent, she could have been the female Ranbir, but through what comes across as sheer laziness, bad attitude, terrible script choices and wanting to be a star instead of an actress, she wasted her talent.

In the end when it comes down to it for me, IMO people would rather support someone who is clearly less talented but wants to make up for it by means of working very hard than someone who has clearly been blessed with enormous talent but is wasting it.
Edited by meribaat - 10 years ago