Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Sonakshi deserved the awards more than Deepika.Deepika improved a lot but Sonakshi did a better job than her.
A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

"could DP have played a Pakhi>>> a big Yes!! Could Sona have played a Meena or a Leela>>>Damn no!"

🤣 🤣 🤣

As all so called "intellectuals"' EMPTY😉
A_la_mode thumbnail

Originally posted by: SG200

you had said that you are not Deepika fan...but now your above quoted comment will be used against all Deepika fans 😆

Edited.

I don't like DP better than Sona! It's just the attitude of Sona & her fans that is offputting! There's something called grace which is clearly lacking! If Tabu had gone on protest for every movie she was ignored for at the awards, she would have ende up a very depressed soul!
A_la_mode thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rambo.Rajkumar

My reaction exactly
😆
Tell me any major film critic who rated DP better than Sonakshi for their reviews
On other hand. Sonakshi's portrayal required perfect voice modulation which DP doesn't seem to get hold off even till now she is criticized for that. Sonakshi's performances have landed her an opportunity to perform at Broadway. What has Leela got DP besides this awards which are just show and glamour.
Also with current transformation of Sonakshi. She could easily pull of a Leela minus the lip lock. But can DP play charming and depressed Pakhi? NOPE.

Yeah, until she learns to leave her personal prejudices like short skirts, kissing at home, she is NOT a good actress according to ME!😉
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: fountainhead

As all so called "intellectuals"' EMPTY😉

What? 😕 😆

Word Count: 1

923901 thumbnail

I don't like DP better than Sona! It's just the attitude of Sona & her fans that is offputting! There's something called grace which is clearly lacking! If Tabu had gone on protest for every movie she was ignored for at the awards, she would have ende up a very depressed soul!

Mate
She has MOST best actress critics award. She has 2 national awards. Whats there for her to protest about?
923901 thumbnail

Yeah, until she learns to leave her personal prejudices like short skirts, kissing at home, she is NOT a good actress according to ME!😉

WOW. So kissing and wearing skanky clothes makes you Meryl Streep?😲
New things you learn on here daily 😆
Edited by Rambo.Rajkumar - 10 years ago
A_la_mode thumbnail
Yeah let Sona do as many good roles & if she continues to be ignored, I will understand her frustration! Ms.Flowerpot did one good role & she & her fandom have held all awards hostage!
Also it's a shame Tabu didn't win more for her performances! It's one thing to voice that you liked Sona's performance better than DP! But to go to every thread saying Sonakshi was robbed is plain hollow!
A_la_mode thumbnail
Nice to know you are learning something! Where was Meryl Streep mentioned?
923901 thumbnail

Yeah let Sona do as many good roles & if she continues to be ignored, I will understand her frustration! Ms.Flowerpot did one good role & she & her fandom have held all awards hostage!

Also it's a shame Tabu didn't win more for her performances! It's one thing to voice that you liked Sona's performance better than DP! But to go to every thread saying Sonakshi was robbed is plain hollow!

It was TM's opinion who had just seen Ramleela. And I guess many holds the same opinion. If it bothers you so much then ignore it.
Hence Tabu - whatever she got was pretty deserving

National Film Awards[edit]

• 1997, National Film Award for Best Actress, Maachis.
  • 2002, National Film Award for Best Actress, Chandni Bar.

Filmfare Awards[edit]

Won
  • 1995, Filmfare Best Female Debut Award, Vijaypath
  • 1998, Critics Award Best Actress, Virasat
  • 2000, Critics Award Best Actress, Hu Tu Tu
  • 2001, Critics Award Best Actress, Astitva
  • 2007, Critics Award Best Actress, Cheeni Kum