Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Compared to how she started - in OSO , BAH etc ... she has obviously improved and come a long way ...
But thats the thing .. She is really good comparing only to her own previous performances in some of her early films ...
Most of her peers like PC , Anu , Sonakshi and Pari are much better actors ... and more.. effortless actors ... which DP isnt ..
I mean.. I dunno how to explain it.. but when I see her acting.. a lot of times ... I can almost "see" her thinking in her head .. ki.. "okay , now I have to look here.. say this , then he will say that and turn here.. then I have to smile.. " etc...

This is a bit off topic ..but.. there are other reasons I admire her for ... She is super thick skinned (which is so hard to be esp. for actresses in this industry..) and an absolute go-getter .. There was a time when her movies were flopping and somehow what was going on in her personal life seem to bog her down.. She managed to clear her head and refocus and turn things around..

Edited by lunza - 10 years ago
laidies.men thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hat off men
dis is da best post ever 👏
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I could not RL more than 20 minutes! It was so bad -_-

Seriously I don't get the hype around it.

Regarding DP, I kinda agree that she's way overrated. But she's not a non actor. She has room for improvement and I think she will turn out to be a quite good actress in future!
ElOqUeNcE thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah she is too overated but not more than aish n parineeta
JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think its about being a great actress in BW. I'm not sure a majority of our films offer a chance for actresses to display that kind of talent.
I think its more about having a kind of magic. Having that unexplained 'it' factor. Someone who lights up the screen. For me Ash, Kajol have it.
Deepika while stunning doesn't have that for me.
826374 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lunza

Compared to how she started - in OSO , BAH etc ... she has obviously improved and come a long way ...

But thats the thing .. She is really good comparing only to her own previous performances in some of her early films ...
Most of her peers like PC , Anu , Sonakshi and Pari are much better actors ... and more.. effortless actors ... which DP isnt ..
I mean.. I dunno how to explain it.. but when I see her acting.. a lot of times ... I can almost "see" her thinking in her head .. ki.. "okay , now I have to look here.. say this , then he will say that and turn here.. then I have to smile.. " etc...

This is a bit off topic ..but.. there are other reasons I admire her for ... She is super thick skinned (which is so hard to be esp. for actresses in this industry..) and an absolute go-getter .. There was a time when her movies were flopping and somehow what was going on in her personal life seem to bog her down.. She managed to clear her head and refocus and turn things around..

bold agree , u too notice it 😆 i too observed it , first i saw it in chandni chawk to china den almost in her evry film ,its like a dummy or models , de do dis , her dailoge delivery is bad , feels like she is uncomfortable wen she deliver dailogs ,but she is beautiful
shorty123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
DP in RL, slightly overrated. RL was a weird, strange, nonsesical movie.

DP in CE, YJHD not at all. I loved her in CE and Cocktail. She was brilliant, even if you don't compare her to her previous work (which were disastrous), she was fantastic in CE and Cocktail. She really got into the characters, no denying that. She has come a long way from LAK but she still has room for improvement. DP was simply awful in Chandi Chowk, LAK, BAH. Hopefully she will improve in the future, we have FFF to watch yet.

I give her credit for choosing versatile roles. She could have easily picked flowerpot roles. But she's one of the few show hasn't done that irrespective of whether she was bad at her attempted performance orientated roles..

I feel KKK is far more overrated. The only standout performance she gave was JWM. She acts naturally, but even she isn't versatile. We should judge actresses based on what we've seen and not what we think the actress can do. KKK's poor movie choices are always given as an excuse for her flops. But an actors filmography reflects their talent and overall career.

With Aish its more about her beauty than talent. Yes she was wonderful in HDDCS, JA, Provoked, but she's not versatile, she can't pull off certain roles. Anyone seen her 'suneri' act. I'd say Priyanka Chopra and Vidya are the most versatile and daring actresses among the lot.
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
yes i agree...she might be good nd better than kat nd meryl...but she and smooch leela are highly over rated!
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
As much as I agree she has improved as an actress, I still think Sonakshi won me over with her performance in Lootera. Sonakshi was so good. She really surprised me.
Haeyeol thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deepika is overrated without a doubt!