Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ajooni

In the beginning of this year Salman fans trended 12 MillionFB Salman fans on twitter and Deepika fans tried to trend 10million DP fans.

Now both have 14 million likes on facebook and she should overtake Salman and become the most liked Bollywood star on FB in a few days.

She is doing something right.People either like her more, or her work.

Right but we are talking about her acting capabilities not her popularity
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
She is overrated as an actress but not as a star.I think Meena's character in CE was the most over hyped.Didnt see any fab comic timing like reviews claimed.Liked her in RL and YJHD but yes Sonakshi as Pakhi was phenomenal.The kind of box office success DP achieved last year was tremendous though.BW awards are most often given to popular movies and their stars so DP winning is not at all surprising
Edited by MaSqUeRaDe - 10 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ponymo

But she is not an awful actress at all, I liked her in Cocktail and Chennai Express. Katrina can only dream to act like that.

Deepika can of course improve a lot more, there is scope
Her dialogue delivery reminds me of Hema Malini and it is NOT a good thing. Her expressions are also not always on the mark. She started as a 2/10. She has reached to the level of a 5/10. She might surprise us all in the future.

I agree she has improved and she's isn't the worst. But everyone hyped her up to be some kind of pathbreaking actress queen who has given revolutionary performances. As you said she's a 5/10, and has a long way to go!
Debarati7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Glad to see majority of members agree with me, I thought I was crazy to think like this

She's just an awful actress, I request everyone who thinks she's good to go watch the best performance of any other past popular actress. She's pale in comparison.

Honestly I don't like Sonakshi but I have a newfound respect for her! She was flawless in Lootera. FLAWLESS!

Even when I think of some of the past actresses doing their best like when Ash screams to her mother about being in love with Salmans character in HDDCa, or Ranis scenes from Black or that scene in Fiza where Karishma breaksdown after her mothers death; what haunting and real acting talent some of the past actresses have shown. Honestly after ram Leela I have a new found respect for everyone else in the past! Hope that kind of talent returns!

@ Bold..Perfect examples..👍🏼..These are some of the finest performances by actresses in Bollwood in the last two decades..After recalling these it becomes so hard to praise the current lot of actresses..😆
-GlitterVomit- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Who are we to rate her? 😆
I agree that sonakshi was better than her but she is better than ash. I don't see how aish is legendary. Her roles depress me and I honestly feel that if she wasn't as beautiful as she is, she would not be getting as much recognition as she does. Deepika was good in RL and her comic timing is top notch. She has more potential than any one in the current lot and she is gorgeous. It's enough for her to be at the stage she is today so to answer your question. Nope she is not overrated.
-Doppelganger- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I dunno why ur shocked. Ash is a way better actress than Deepika. Not to mention a lot more graceful.

I'll even choose Ash in Raincoat over Deepikas Ram Leela

I never said that DP was a better actress than Aish. Aish has been around for a longer time and her body of work cannot be compared to that of DP's
I just felt that her performance in HDDCS/Devdas was nothing great or legendary.
She was OTT in HDDCS.. especially in her scenes with Salman. I found her to be way too dramatic. She was better in Raavan, Provoked or even Jodha Akbhar IMO. She was more natural in them
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Atleast Deepika is not being compared to the likes of Meryl Streep,Shabana Azmi & Meena Kumari. And Filmfare usually gives best actress award to hit movies & it's stars that's why she got that but I do wonder why Sonakshi was not given Filmfare critics award! She deserved that.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I agree she has improved and she's isn't the worst. But everyone hyped her up to be some kind of pathbreaking actress queen who has given revolutionary performances. As you said she's a 5/10, and has a long way to go!

It's just that people have been tired with the Katrina Kareena Priyanka trinity that they wished for an alternative, and they got Deepika!

She is more beautiful that Katrina, more popular than Kareena, better dancer than Priyanka. All she was falling short of was good acting.

Nobody was even expecting pathbreaking work from her. They were hoping for her to give a decent performance at least and then came COCKTAIL.

That is the film that changed everything. She pretty much had no fans when she was giving four flops in one year (2010). Or 2011 or 2012. Cocktail changed everything for her. All those who became her fans from then on were fair weather fans. They come with success and leave when you're no more successful. Most of Deepika's fans are like this now. Just a personal observation.
hasini009 thumbnail

Word Count: 0

Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I didn't like her performance in Ram Leela at all. I didn't like the movie actually. IT SUCKED! Ishaqzaade was much better and Pari was much better. I think deepika did a much better job in CE! Her acting was great there esp with her tamil accent. But if she continues to have 4 movies a year then I am going to get sick of her and think she is overrated as well 😆. Her dialogue delivery still needs a lot of work done and I don't think she's THAT great of an actress YET but shes definitely not terrible either.