Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

I don't think RL was special. The only person who deserves awards for RL is Supriya Pathak.

Deepika has improved a lot. Still needs to improve dialogue delivery.

But there was nothing special in her performances in RL or CE.

I think she got award just because she had the best year at BO out of all actresses.

It's like Madhuri getting award for a fluff film like Dil. Such awards are not for performance but for status of an actress.

EXACTLY THIS. ๐Ÿ‘

karan-007 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I just saw Ram Leela and wow...I don't understand what the big deal was about? Besides the movie being poorly executed, it just seemed like a story about two horny people.

And Deepika's performance was - as always, a huge let down. Just having watery eyes with a serious expression doesn't make you a great actress...as I said in my review, she was unable to convey the pain, angst or any "Real" acting emotion. Im sure the kissing/sex scenes came natural cuz she was doing it with her bf; she didn't actually display any pathbreaking "acting" in this one.

Deepika may have improved in her acting compared to her pre-Cocktail days...but there is no way her performance can compared to legendary performances like Ash in Devdas or HDDCS, Rani in Black or any of Kajol, Vidya, Priyanka or Kareena's strong performances. She is NOTHING compared to these other girls. Hell even Parineeti Chopra in Ishaqzaade did a better job than her and it was a similar role too.

Sorry but she cant be compared to other actresses who were at the top of the game...every single performance that has won the best actress award from the 90's until 2012 was better than her, and she probably only won the award because there was no competition.

The only person Deepika is better than is Katrina and that's not saying much ๐Ÿ˜† Man I feel bad for Sonakshi, what a flawless performance she gave in Lootera, where she showed REAL acting without acting horny or over-sexualized. I feel bad for her, Sonakshi was ROBBED!

nobody even compared her acting with ash, kajol, vidya, priyanka, kareena ๐Ÿ˜ƒ we only compared her acting with the other heroines jinki movie uss time ayi & surprise surprise she was better ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
love_RanKat thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
actress????๐Ÿ˜† she is not an actress she is veryyy ordinary looking with unflattering bodied model. she is overrated hyped like no tomorrow. just by spending lot of money to promote herself with overenthusiasitc PR and dating half of the men population in india she came to spotlight. big zero in talent๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
Edited by love_RanKat - 10 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
she has improved but overrated certainly well things might change very quickly
Edited by DB_reloaded - 10 years ago
Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I used to hate her during OSO but after YJHD,Ramleela n cocktail i started liking ger she has improved a lot
She is my fav after ash n vidya
Arshi1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
I used to absolutely love her, but not anymore haha. She's lost her charm and her line delivery is extremely horrible! She is highly overrated.
Twinkie_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Everyone is overrated in IF other than our own favorites.๐Ÿ˜†

927945 thumbnail
Seriously she got praised for performing po*n in the movie
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ so ranbir fans still hate Deepika.
๐Ÿ˜†
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't know about the most overrated actress ever but yes her perf in RL was overrated and I think it was because there was lack of good roles and performance that year except from Sona.

I recently watched RL..Her best perf was Cocktail..in RL she was a huge disappointment..I thought she was going to be amazing from all the praise I heard on this forum and from critics and plus she won best actress..but like you said..she pretty much had teary eyes throughout the film..no genuine expressions..I just can't believe she won best actress for RL..she deserves it for Cocktail not RL. I guess it helped that there was no competition last year except Sona but her film flopped.
Ranveer was def better than her in RL..Anupmama said the same thing. Ironically, she got the best actress and he didn't.
Edited by beboholic - 10 years ago