Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I find the harsh criticism of Deepika unfair and uncalled for. She has improved phenomenally over time. In the past year she has developed great comic timing, good emoting and much more fluid dialogue delivery.

Her performance in Ram Leela was good. Of course it is more of a "passion" story than a genuine "love" story, and I think both her and Ranveer did extremely well to portray that kind of chemistry and attraction.

I see a lot of comparison to Sonakshi. Yes. To a large extent Sonakshi received a lot more critical acclaim. In purely technical acting terms her role in Lootera most likely blows Deepika out of the water. However, we need to realize in India acting isn't just purely acting, it is an aggregate of overall popularity, mass audience connection and technical mastery. When we add the other factors in Deepika races ahead of Sonakshi by malls. One has to admit that despite being a technically good film Lootera doesn't garner the mass audience connection or popularity of Ram Leela.

That being said, I'm fan girling Supriya Pathak and believe she is robbed of accolades. We all obsess over heroines, but no one recognizes the most superlative performance of the year simply because it comes from a senior citizen.

THIS.

SP blew everyone out of the water as the female Don!!!!

Every look, every glance could give you goosebumps out of fear! 👏
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Why did a little point about DP not being able to Sonakshi's role in Lootera become a whole comparison between the two..
Dunno why some actresses' fans are riding on Sonakshi's coat tails, too scared to mention your fave... what about other actresses, were they hibernating in 2013?

I can just LOL @ the self appointed moderators advising fans how they should behave. Its pretty much free game for everyone, no one stops the instigators riling/bashing the same fan-group day in day out so don't expect the fans to be subservient and accept all the mocking they receive.
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
this is still ON 😆
Lagey Raho yaaron!
441597 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllonsyGeronimo

Why did a little point about DP not being able to Sonakshi's role in Lootera become a whole comparison between the two..
Dunno
why some actresses' fans are riding on Sonakshi's coat tails, too scared to mention your fave... what about other actresses, were they hibernating in 2013?

I can just LOL @ the self appointed moderators advising fans how they should behave. Its pretty much free game for everyone, no one stops the instigators riling/bashing the same fan-group day in day out so don't expect the fans to be subservient and accept all the mocking they receive.

Why not LOL @ fans calling their favourite's detractors "pseudo-intellectual"? And last I checked, the TM wasn't bashing Deepika or her fans but criticising her acting. The fans started the bashing here, read through the whole thread.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Why not LOL @ fans calling their favourite's detractors "pseudo-intellectual"? And last I checked, the TM wasn't bashing Deepika or her fans but criticising her acting. The fans started the bashing here, read through the whole thread.

Exactly. Thank you- Not sure why everyone is jumping on me like I opend this topic to attack Deepika, I literally saw Ram Leela and came on here wrote the review for it, and then opened this topic.

I am also getting hate mails from the Deepiak fans 😆 I mean really? Not sure the fans are so overtly sensitive. Its JUST a movie, and shes JUST an actress (hardly)
Mrignaini thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

How did the fans start bashing, just by pointing out a fact that the topic maker hates DP (which was in fact proved in the earlier pages)?
And before that comment, there were plenty of other digs mocking the fans which you didn't care to notice- on page 7 how we're apparently lamenting over Deep-Veer being bashed, like anyone had even raised an objection on this thread before that comment. So I'd suggest you to read the entire thread, you'll find plenty of subtle digs in the same vein peppered throughout.

Also the accusation about DP fans bashing Sonakshi and her fans- what BS, where on this thread has Sonakshi been bashed, her performance was unanimously liked by all including DP fans, some (including myself) even thought it better than DP's, I guess even that wasn't enough, apparently we can't like DP's performances simultaneously else we're branded as Sonakshi haters.
So if those snide/apparent remarks (not just on this thread) can be overlooked then so can the retaliation. After a while it gets monotonous, especially if the digs are in every damn topic, its fair game for the fans to retaliate, rather than playing the victim card.

Edited by AllonsyGeronimo - 10 years ago
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Can't help but butting in here!😆
I do agree that DP fans are given a pretty raw deal on this forum, but so are other fan-groups. I don't think anyone is spared, at all. Deepika is pretty much in news these days, so the number of discussion threads related to her are more in number and hence, it feels like she is always been bashed or praised, depending on which side you are!
Coming to the orignal post, @TM, I don't think Deepika is overrated as an actor at all. Her peformance was probably overrated for Ram-Leela, but I don't think she has ever been hailed as a great actor in general by anyone, including her fans!
I agree with @hades wrote in her / his post...awards in our country have less to do with performances, more to do with overall appeal. And in that respect, Deepika is definitley ahead of Sonakshi, atleast in 2013.
But at the same time, even I thought that Sonakshi truly deserved the critics award for Lootera. The whole point of a critics / jury award is that it is purely performance oriented and has nothing to do with the popularity of your film or the actor's indivdual popularity amongst the masses...and in that way, yes, Sonakshi was short-changed for Lootera.
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yesterday I had opened a thread questioning why Sonakshi who was unanimously critically acclaimed didn't even get Filmfare critics award & why is she not compared to Nimrat,Shilpa etc,one Sonakshi fan questioned me why I opened the thread! As if the forum is personal property of some one!
Even I got few hate mails yesterday & it doesn't take lot of guessing to understand which fan group must have sent them. Anyways will send them to MODS. So don't just accuse DP fans each fan group has such ppl.
Mrignaini thumbnail

Originally posted by: poppy2009

Can't help but butting in here!😆

I do agree that DP fans are given a pretty raw deal on this forum, but so are other fan-groups. I don't think anyone is spared, at all.

No one was complaining about what a hard time they have, the point was rather that its fair for them to retaliate at the digs and that any indignation at that retaliation would be playing a selective moral cop.

Edited by AllonsyGeronimo - 10 years ago
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllonsyGeronimo

No one was complaining about what a hard time they have, the point was rather that its fair for them to retaliate at the digs and that any indignation at that retaliation would be playing a selective moral cop.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I get what you are saying!