Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

441597 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -stigma-

🥱

Deepika.might not be the best actresses, but last year she has no competition , so she won .. simple

Even Sonakshi's performance wasn't that legendary or that good as people make it to be. it impressed a small portion of people while the majority did not see that great acting ..
If people are saying that Deepika has just improved, then the same apply for Sonakshi who did a performance orianted role for the first time after more than 10 movies in her career. She was good and surprising comparing to her previous roles, and that does not mean that she should get award for showing potentials

I don't know when will some Sonakshi fans and the bandwagons stop crying for the " robbed " awards.

Hit or flop has nothing to do with acting. If that was the case then the 100-200 Crore club wouldn't exist, right? Sonakshi was praised by almost all critics, and even a hardcore hater of Sona would admit she was PHENOMENAL. The subtlety and nuance displayed by her was nowhere in any of Deepika's roles. No use denying that.
439621 thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

No. Criteria for awards is ACTING.
And who said Sonakshi is better than Vidya, Kajol or Priyanka? 😕

Really acting yeah right? That is why no one bothered why Irfan Khan did not win any award..

but there is no way her performance can compared to legendary performances like Ash in Devdas or HDDCS, Rani in Black or any of Kajol, Vidya, Priyanka or Kareena's strong performances. She is NOTHING compared to these other girls.

The same thing isn't being said about Sonakshi & her performance why ??? If you cant compare deepika to them, than you can't compare Sonakshi performance to their performance as well?? But no one bothered to write this ? Compare Sonakshi performance with this legendary actress first & than we will see if anyone will call her overrated

Thus for me, saying this "but there is no way her performance can compared to legendary performances like Ash in Devdas or HDDCS, Rani in Black or any of Kajol, Vidya, Priyanka or Kareena's strong performances. She is NOTHING compared to these other girls." is CRAP
Edited by this_is_my_name - 10 years ago
439621 thumbnail

I've no idea what you're talking about. And two wrongs don't make a right. Fact remains that personally attacking people over an actor is plain RETARDED.

Oh I have been to twitter for certain member to see how they take digs & then act innocent here.. Well this is for those people not you.. Next time I will give print screen and put here..
-stigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hit or flop has nothing to do with acting. If that was the case then the 100-200 Crore club wouldn't exist, right? Sonakshi was praised by almost all critics, and even a hardcore hater of Sona would admit she was PHENOMENAL. The subtlety and nuance displayed by her was nowhere in any of Deepika's roles. No use denying that.

Sonakshi was not the only one who was praised for her acting by critics .. Deepika too was praised for her acting by almost all the critics, even though they did not liked some movies like CE and RL .. so she won ..
She did not won because of the hits, she won because most of the audiences and critics liked her performances .. if she won only because of the hits, Kat would have won last year for ETT & JTHJ ..

And I remember after lootera and all the halopala about Sonakshi so called great performance, many people on this forum said that she is overrated.

Acting is subjective, you saw her acting is phenomenal, I and most of people did not see that .. full stop.
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: slumgod..

That's what I meant. Deepika reminds me of Ranbir. I remember during Barfi and YJYD there were so many people went ga ga over Ranbir''s performance. Now, I hardly see members defending Ranbir Kapoor whenever he is bashed . I believe Ranveer is the next on line.

Ha ha 😆 Any one who didn't like or laud Barfi was a troll, anyone who doesn't bow down to Laxmi Maiya twice a day is mirchified, anyone who doesn't find Veer Baba having fun funny leads a pathetic life.

963651 thumbnail

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

<font color="#ff3366">Ha ha 😆 Any one who didn't like or laud Barfi was a troll, anyone who doesn't bow down to Laxmi Maiya twice a day is mirchified, anyone who doesn't find Veer Baba having fun funny leads a pathetic life.</font>

😆
Best thing I read today 😆
441597 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -stigma-

Sonakshi was not the only one who was praised for her acting by critics .. Deepika too was praised for her acting by almost all the critics, even though they did not liked some movies like CE and RL .. so she won ..
She did not won because of the hits, she won because most of the audiences and critics liked her performances .. if she won only because of the hits, Kat would have won last year for ETT & JTHJ ..

And I remember after lootera and all the halopala about Sonakshi so called great performance, many people on this forum said that she is overrated.

Acting is subjective, you saw her acting is phenomenal, I and most of people did not see that .. full stop.

Nope, acting is not subjective. If that was the case, there would be no good or bad actors. There's a reason some people are called great actors and some wooden planks. There is technical and neutral criteria for judging acting. And visibly great acting is recognised by almost everybody if they're not mentally unsound or heavily biased. 😆 f I or anybody else called Shabana Azmi or Smita Patil bad actors, then I or they would be plain cray cray. Acting is an art, not beauty that it should be subjective.

P.S.: Even people who did not like Lootera praised Sonakshi's acting everywhere I've seen or heard. Again, acting has nothing to do with hit or flop.
Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
-stigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
comparing actors general image to performances is unreasonable comparision .. actors are considered great or wooden by their whole works not a single performance..
Kat is considered the most plastic but she has few good performances like NL and Rajneeti , while Priyanka is considered one of the best actors currently although she was pathetic in some movies like Zanjeer and krrish 3 .

Performances is subjective .. last year, people opinions were devided among vidya in Khaani, Priyanka in Barfi, and sridevi in english vinglish for the best actress.

If acting is not subjective, there will never be complains about ervery awards ceremony winners in the world.. Even the Oscar is not saved from the complains ..
either all the ceremonies in the world are biased for not rewarding the absolute and the obvious best -which is different for each person-, or opinions on acting and performance are subjective.

Its up to.you to believe what you want.
441597 thumbnail
Still, people do have a basic idea that helps them identify bad acting from good and vice versa. "Who is more deserving" might be an issue of debate, but "whether that was good acting" is not. That's why I said that acting is an art which lay people can visibly identify.

P.S.: Was not comparing Sonakshi to the Greats.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I find the harsh criticism of Deepika unfair and uncalled for. She has improved phenomenally over time. In the past year she has developed great comic timing, good emoting and much more fluid dialogue delivery.

Her performance in Ram Leela was good. Of course it is more of a "passion" story than a genuine "love" story, and I think both her and Ranveer did extremely well to portray that kind of chemistry and attraction.

I see a lot of comparison to Sonakshi. Yes. To a large extent Sonakshi received a lot more critical acclaim. In purely technical acting terms her role in Lootera most likely blows Deepika out of the water. However, we need to realize in India acting isn't just purely acting, it is an aggregate of overall popularity, mass audience connection and technical mastery. When we add the other factors in Deepika races ahead of Sonakshi by malls. One has to admit that despite being a technically good film Lootera doesn't garner the mass audience connection or popularity of Ram Leela.

That being said, I'm fan girling Supriya Pathak and believe she is robbed of accolades. We all obsess over heroines, but no one recognizes the most superlative performance of the year simply because it comes from a senior citizen.