Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

963651 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: chocolover89

How can a film which wasn't even nominated take another not-nominated film's place? ๐Ÿคฃ

...and Sonakshi wasn't snubbed from nominations. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
exactly
if anything SDR was itself snubbed given its surprise hit status and critiics going gaga over it
no one protests for that
Edited by _YoU_KnOw_WhO - 10 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SG200

I thought you were talking about Shabana Azmi's comment comparing Aliya to Meryl.
@Italics- True!

๐Ÿ˜†Oh NO! Don't even get me started on that. Shabana Azmi must be on crack. ๐Ÿ˜† Kahan Meryl and kahan 2 films old Aalia. ๐Ÿ˜’ I really like Deepika and I get excited for her movies but sometimes some fans really have a way being annoying. And it's true across the board for all the actors, unfortunately.
439621 thumbnail
And please also open a topic on Sonakshi and her winning critic award & compare her performance & winning award with other actors from the past who have won it like the one the TM did in the below?? Why not open such topic with Sonakshi??

but there is no way her performance can compared to legendary performances like Ash in Devdas or HDDCS, Rani in Black or any of Kajol, Vidya, Priyanka or Kareena's strong performances. She is NOTHING compared to these other girls. Hell even Parineeti Chopra in Ishaqzaade did a better job than her and it was a similar role too.

Sorry but she cant be compared to other actresses who were at the top of the game...every single performance that has won the best actress award from the 90's until 2012 was better than her, and she probably only won the award because there was no competition.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: _YoU_KnOw_WhO

๐Ÿ˜†
Exactly
If anything SDR was itself snubbes given how critics were going gaga over it plus it was a surprise hit

I know...beside Parineeti and Vaani, no other part of the film was nominated at any function despite the critical and commercial success. ๐Ÿคฃ

Well maybe in SLB's Narnia world it was nominated. ๐Ÿ˜†
-stigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
๐Ÿฅฑ

Deepika.might not be the best actresses, but last year she has no competition , so she won .. simple

Even Sonakshi's performance wasn't that legendary or that good as people make it to be. it impressed a small portion of people while the majority did not see that great acting ..
If people are saying that Deepika has just improved, then the same apply for Sonakshi who did a performance orianted role for the first time after more than 10 movies in her career. She was good and surprising comparing to her previous roles, and that does not mean that she should get award for showing potentials

I don't know when will some Sonakshi fans and the bandwagons stop crying for the " robbed " awards.
Edited by -stigma- - 10 years ago
439621 thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Some Deepika fans seriously need to grow up. Calling people "pseudo-intellectuals" and crap just because they don't dig your favourite actress, is plain hilariously juvenile and makes y'all no different from Soap fanbots. Deepika is a good actor, she gave decent performances in all her hits last year, but you've got to admit that Sonakshi's Pakhi act was a notch way above all four characters that Deep played. Tolerating and acknowledging fair criticism of your favourite won't make you any less of a fan. Geez. I mean, GEEEZZZ.

This is still better than going on twitter and bitching about fans.. At least some people have the balls to do it from the front..
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

If one talks only about RL - then yes, her performance is overrated- she did not adapt to the character...just by dressing in ghagra choli, one doesnt become a quintessial gujarati gaaon ki chhori - compared to that Ranveer was mindblowingly awesome in the movie...he picked up the ethnicity factors right - body language + accent๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
but otherwise, she seems to have improved with every passing movie - by her own standards๐Ÿ˜Š
though she is nowhere near the likes of Vidya, Bebo, Richa Chadda
frankly Anu and Pari are better than her, strictly going by acting chops...
I just wish all this 4 films hit in a year, success, doesnt go into her head - thats all
Arnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
i saw ram leela bt didnt like like it it was confusing..
441597 thumbnail

Originally posted by: this_is_my_name

Saying Sonakshi was robbed is crap! how did she got robbed when her movie were not hits ? Criteria for awards is for acting + hits, am I right ??

Saying awards can be gain from doing live performance is crap! .. If you don't call this crap than what you call crap?

Saying she is the most overrated is crap! How is she the most overrated ?

You think her performance was not up to mark fine, Saying she nothing compared to Kajol, Vidya, Kareena & Priyanka is fine, But saying Sonakshi is better than Kajol, Vidya, Kareena & Priyanka is crap!

No. Criteria for awards is ACTING.
And who said Sonakshi is better than Vidya, Kajol or Priyanka? ๐Ÿ˜•
441597 thumbnail

Originally posted by: this_is_my_name

This is still better than going on twitter and bitching about fans.. At least some people have the balls to do it from the front..

I've no idea what you're talking about. And two wrongs don't make a right. Fact remains that personally attacking people over an actor is plain RETARDED.