Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
I do think in a fair award show, Sonakshi would have won or probably even the girl in The Lunchbox (I forgot her name). But those don't exist in BW so tough luck. 😆

I don't think Deepika is any more "overrated" than say Katrina or Kareena or Priyanka. I mean fandom wise...yes, there are some crazies but those exist in every fandom. When ppl say shit like "India's Meryl Streep" I wanna punch in a wall b/c she's not there yet. But I do think she's grown from OSO to Cocktail to CE to RL. There's clearly been a transformation. If you mean acting wise then honestly, after Kareena is gone who else do we have left that can really act? The whole "mainstream" younger slot is filled with inconsistent performers. Like Parineeti has shown no range, Anushka played the bubbly Punjabi fal for 6 back to back films, Aalia sucked in SOTY but was somewhat better in Highway (from reviews). So there's not a lot in the talent pool. Compared to that I personally feel Deepika has offered a lot more. Sonakshi and Sonam are 2 people that are going to be in competition with Dippy in the long run b/c both of them are doing hakte roles. So obviously, Dippy being as smart as she will continue to grow and be better. However, nowhere have I felt that she doesn't deserve any of it.

I think people are so readily ok with giving Katrina credit for her 15 min role in D3 but Dippy made no contribution CE or RL? And Jacky is praised for Race 2 and considered the best part, but honestly Dippy and her as Meena the main pull factor for CE? She has box office pull, she can express and show more than 1 expression, and she continues to push herself. I think she does deserve all the sucess she's gotten. I agree she might not have been the BEST actor of the year but she def wasn't the worst and giving what like 5 back to back hits def elevates her to a new level.
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MocoCoco

I do think in a fair award show, Sonakshi would have won or probably even the girl in The Lunchbox (I forgot her name). But those don't exist in BW so tough luck. 😆

I don't think Deepika is any more "overrated" than say Katrina or Kareena or Priyanka. I mean fandom wise...yes, there are some crazies but those exist in every fandom. When ppl say shit like "India's Meryl Streep" I wanna punch in a wall b/c she's not there yet. But I do think she's grown from OSO to Cocktail to CE to RL. There's clearly been a transformation. If you mean acting wise then honestly, after Kareena is gone who else do we have left that can really act? The whole "mainstream" younger slot is filled with inconsistent performers. Like Parineeti has shown no range, Anushka played the bubbly Punjabi fal for 6 back to back films, Aalia sucked in SOTY but was somewhat better in Highway (from reviews). So there's not a lot in the talent pool. Compared to that I personally feel Deepika has offered a lot more. Sonakshi and Sonam are 2 people that are going to be in competition with Dippy in the long run b/c both of them are doing hakte roles. So obviously, Dippy being as smart as she will continue to grow and be better. However, nowhere have I felt that she doesn't deserve any of it.

I think people are so readily ok with giving Katrina credit for her 15 min role in D3 but Dippy made no contribution CE or RL? And Jacky is praised for Race 2 and considered the best part, but honestly Dippy and her as Meena the main pull factor for CE? She has box office pull, she can express and show more than 1 expression, and she continues to push herself. I think she does deserve all the sucess she's gotten. I agree she might not have been the BEST actor of the year but she def wasn't the worst and giving what like 5 back to back hits def elevates her to a new level.

Who said Deepika is Meryl Streep? It's Aliya who was compared to Meryl.I think you are mixing it up.
923901 thumbnail

Originally posted by: this_is_my_name

Saying Sonakshi was robbed is crap! how did she got robbed when her movie were not hits ? Criteria for awards is for acting + hits, am I right ??

Saying awards can be gain from doing live performance is crap! .. If you don't call this crap than what you call crap?

Saying she is the most overrated is crap! How is she the most overrated ?

You think her performance was not up to mark fine, Saying she nothing compared to Kajol, Vidya, Kareena & Priyanka is fine, But saying Sonakshi is better than Kajol, Vidya, Kareena & Priyanka is crap!

WRONG
Rani won for Black
Sridevi won for Lamhe
Karishma won for Fiza
SRK won for Swades
Naseerudhin Best actor for 2 unsuccessful films
Big B for Agneepath and Black
Most 80's heroines & heros
THEY ALL WON POPULAR AWARDS. With tough competitions each year from their contemporaries.
The thing is saying Sonakshi didn't deserve the award coz her film wasn't hit makes you pretty delusional and try avoiding attacking members.
Edited by Rambo.Rajkumar - 10 years ago
Kulfii. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rambo.Rajkumar

WRONG
Rani won for Black
Sridevi won for Lamhe
Karishma won for Fiza
SRK won for Swades
Big B for Agneepath and Paa
THEY ALL WON POPULAR AWARDS. With tough competitions each year from their contemporaries.
The thing is saying Sonakshi didn't deserve the award coz her film wasn't hit makes you pretty delusional and try avoiding attacking members.

Then why Sonakshi didn't win Critics best actress award when she was unanimously praised for Lootera?
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shudh Desi Romance ate away Lootera's place in the award shows.🤢
Why blame Deepika? Deepika earned her awards.

Sonakshi should have been nominated instead of Parineeti. Period.
Lootera should have been nominated instead of YJHD/ SDR. Period.

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SG200

Who said Deepika is Meryl Streep? It's Aliya who was compared to Meryl.I think you are mixing it up.

There are some fans in the twitter-verse and tumblr-dom that feel so. And like I said every fandom has its extremists so can't judge someone's "over-ratedness" by how much the fans hype up the actress.

zoharocks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
well I certainly don't agree😃

but yes coming to Aishwarya Rai who I just simply adore❤️...I think it is harsh on our part to compare a contemporary with a super star like her.⭐️

Deepika started in 2007 I suppose and well she has certainly grown as an actor...performances like Cocktail, Love Aaj Kal and Race 2 prove so😊 Obvio she is not the best of the lot but she has had a terrific journey and has improved leaps and bounds...as KJo had put it "From being a non-performer to THE PERFORMER"😛 She will improve much more in the coming years definitely and she is getting all the craze coz people somewhere have found her acting and role convincing enough. Some won't but many did, that is all RELATIVE.
👍🏼

And I think Ash was stupendous in Devdas so well I think I needn't say any more.
Kulfii. thumbnail

Originally posted by: MocoCoco

There are some fans in the twitter-verse and tumblr-dom that feel so. And like I said every fandom has its extremists so can't judge someone's "over-ratedness" by how much the fans hype up the actress.

I thought you were talking about Shabana Azmi's comment comparing Aliya to Meryl.
@Italics- True!
439621 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rambo.Rajkumar

WRONG
Rani won for Black
Sridevi won for Lamhe
Karishma won for Fiza
SRK won for Swades
Big B for Agneepath and Black
Most 80's heroines & heros

Then give me a reason why Sonakshi didnt even win it ?? Popular or critics?? If the awards are rigged, then blame the awards why blame Deepika for it ?? Why attack her ??

How Deepika robbed Sonakshi award?

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: lovanika

Shudh Desi Romance ate away Lootera's place in the award shows.🤢

Why blame Deepika? Deepika earned her awards.

Sonakshi should have been nominated instead of Parineeti. Period.
Lootera should have been nominated instead of YJHD/ SDR. Period.

How can a film which wasn't even nominated take another not-nominated film's place? 🤣

...and Sonakshi wasn't snubbed from nominations. 😆😆