Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Lootera was a flop. By now you all should know the quality of one's work is determined by hits. Sonakshi may have been better but Deepika's films were big hits and she performed well in them. So overall Deepika wins. As for her being overrated...please I think 2013 was the year when you can begin to rate her as an actress who can act! Rest is hype coz of the hits. She has a long way to go to show if she is a high caliber actress.
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -IHeartDeepika-

The amount of bs by certain pseudo-intellects in this thread is just hilarious. ๐Ÿ˜† Tujhe mirch lagi toh hum kya karein.

its like shit we we were watching and living somewhere else in 2013 ๐Ÿ˜†

oh the GIF is PERFECTO! ๐Ÿ˜†

@meribaat : your posts are amazing!!
thank you for talking sensible! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: friends_rock

I don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who hates Deepika just because they WANT to hate her . I would rather response to someone who can look at different point of view with an open mind. You clearly cant.You open topics like these to actually re-assure yourself that "Yes Sonakshi was/is/will always be better than Deepika".However BO/awards/fan appreciation(majority) dint translate that.

+1
you nailed it with this post! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JodhaBai

HW is not a fair comparison. BW actresses don't get those diverse roles simply because BW does not make those kind of films. We see the majority of films they make. We'll get one Lootera to a hundred Rohit Shetty films. There is no comparison with HW.

True we don't get the variety of HW actresses and it is a male dominated industry, but now is one of the better times to have female driven scripts. We have Queen and Gulaabi Gang two female centric movies opening just this month. Question is will Sona sign a movie like Queen if offered where it will not guarantee BO success, but will give her a meaty role. Sona plays a boxer in Holiday, Priyanka plays a boxer Mary Kom, guess who will have a chance to show their acting chops. That is the difference. It is almost guaranteed Holiday will have a huge BO based on the Tamil film's BO. But if you look at the heroine's role in Holiday, barely any acting and the male role is relatively quite meaty for a masala movie.

Everyone has a right to script a career the way they want, but you can still do a Barfi, MaryKom and an Agneepath even in our Indian cinema. Sona seems afraid of risk and until she loses that she will not realize her full potential IMO.

CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

Lootera was a flop. By now you all should know the quality of one's work is determined by hits. Sonakshi may have been better but Deepika's films were big hits and she performed well in them. So overall Deepika wins. As for her being overrated...please I think 2013 was the year when you can begin to rate her as an actress who can act! Rest is hype coz of the hits. She has a long way to go to show if she is a high caliber actress.

Absolutely 100% disagree with the @Bold. Mera Naam Joker, the film Raj Kapoor poured his heart into and pushed into bankruptcy was a flop. Today, decades after his death, it still is considered among one of his best films, not just in India but anywhere in the world Bollywood films are known. Good work is not based on hits, quality endures long after the maker of the film has gone to his own Maker.
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Every actor is hyped as under-rated,over-rated,talented, wooden plank at one point in this forum. When an actor is flavor of the season ,they are praised to the sky and then when we get bored,they are over-rated. Thats why I diss all actors.๐Ÿ˜†
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Its a cycle:
Bashing thread for DP--> aag mein ghee dalne waale insist, oh she's hardly bashed, whatever brickbats she receives is lenient in comparison--> cue another bashing thread --> same auld shit ^ nth. Some will never be satiated.

Anyways, its like SRK said, you have to be an actor within the world of your film not beyond it so DP was fine in the roles she played, you can't expect her to pull a Pakhi in the middle of a Meenamma or Leela. ๐Ÿ˜†
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: friends_rock

I don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who hates Deepika just because they WANT to hate her . I would rather response to someone who can look at different point of view with an open mind. You clearly cant.You open topics like these to actually re-assure yourself that "Yes Sonakshi was/is/will always be better than Deepika".However BO/awards/fan appreciation(majority) dint translate that.[/DIV]

You don't want to waste your time yet youre quoting me and responding?

What makes you think I hate Deepika? I don't hate Deepika at all. I think shes very good looking, but shes an extremely overrated actress and I didn't like her in Ram Leela, the movie shes winning best actresses awards for.

For the record, I actually dislike Sonakshi a lot too , but have to give her credit for a performance. I am only looking at these two performances and in my eyes Sonakshi is better. And

I don't know why you Deepika fans are so insecure that you have use to words like "hate" or say stupid stuff like "hates Deepika because they WANT to or " I don't open topics for re-assurance, maybe you do that for yourself "... what kind of nonsense is that? You're really a class apart, and I feel sorry for your incapability to accept other peoples opinions.

You should really follow your own advice about being open minded and what not before advising anyone.
Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 10 years ago
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
@Shaitan-Haiwan she isn't only winning for ramleela, she is winning for Chennai express aswell, she only won the filmfare and star screen award for ramleela, the rest she has won for CE, so half awards she has gotten for ramleela and half for CE.
Edited by zarak65 - 10 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -IHeartDeepika-

The amount of bs by certain pseudo-intellects in this thread is just hilarious.๐Ÿ˜†Tujhe mirch lagi toh hum kya karein.

Ofcourse Deepika's posse has to come in here and put a negative spin on everything. ๐Ÿ˜† The only thing hilarious is your inability to contribute valid and constructive comments in a topic about YOUR very own Deepika. Instead you have to come in here and poke fun at people for having opposing opinions of what you believe.

I personally don't hate Deepika, but its because of blind, biased and one-track-minded fans like you that causes people to start hating Deepika. You're doing more damage than good.