Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

844043 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice

There is no doubt that Sonakshi was excellent in Lootera...but she was directed by Motwane...give Deepika a motwane and she can do a Lootera ...Deepika is a director's actor just like Sonakshi...SLB did wonders with her in RL...another good director will be able to extract and ace performance out of her...

Would love to see Deepika work with Motwane. He has the ability to bring the best out of everyone. Who could have guessed Sonakshi could nail a role as challenging as Pakhi. Even Ranveer's performance in RL pales in comparison to his performance in Lootera. SLB tends to make his heroes/heroines overact...he lives for the OTT melodramatic type of acting πŸ˜†
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The amount of bs by certain pseudo-intellects in this thread is just hilarious. πŸ˜† Tujhe mirch lagi toh hum kya karein.

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: friends_rock

Sonakshi does ONE Lootera and she is "FLAWLESS" "BEST ACTRESS OF THIS GENERATION"

Deepika does Naina,Meenama and Leela in ONE YEAR and she IS OVER-RATED?

Wah, Kya Logic hai πŸ€ͺ

I liked Sonakshi in Lootera, but I have no complaints Deepika winning this year. She deserved it, she was written off because of her acting, but 2013 brought the best in her and as a fan myself I'm proud of her, I don't think she was overrated that year. She had a successful year, I loved her in Chennai ExpressπŸ˜† she was the best thing about the movie, the train sequence cracks me up. My shikayat is Sonakshi not winning as "critics choice" that's it.
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -IHeartDeepika-

The amount of bs by certain pseudo-intellects in this thread is just hilarious. πŸ˜† Tujhe mirch lagi toh hum kya karein.

Dekh Ke Mujhko Hasta Gaata
Sadh Gai Yeh Duniya Sadh Gai

πŸ˜†
ImmortalsOfM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
why should sonakshi's performance in lootera be belittled
just because her other movie choices have been mediocre?
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

You're talking about logic? Just because someone does 5 films a year that are hits doesn't make them a good actress. Deepika may have done a Naina, Meenama and Leela in ONE YEAR - but she didn't deliver in all of them. I liked her as Meenama...but Naina was just BLAND and horrible. similar characters have been iconic in the past (Preity in KHNH or Rani in HT) There are many other actress who delivered strong performances in romcoms. Deepika didn't. She also sucked in Ram Leela.

We are not discussing the qualitive work of Deepika, its about the quality of the work. For me, ONE Lootera blows all competition out of the water. Im sure many will agree.

Its not about the amount of movies you do, its about how WELL you act in it. Sonakshi may have done and will do flowerpot roles, but you cant dismiss the talent and great skill she showcased, it was one of the most best performances given by an actress after many years.

To each his own.

But one film does not a talent make, it makes you a one film wonder not unlike a one hit wonder in music. When I judge an actor's body of work, it comes down to not just acting in ONE film, it is the entire body of work. And it comes down to choices absolutely. Sona is not an outsider, I am sure she can get access to get films if she wants to, the fact that she and Kareena especially refuse to do so is sad to see as a film goer. Since they are both industry kids it makes you think of the many who would kill to have access to those roles which makes it unfortunate and unfair.

Contrast that with Jennifer Lawrence who will probably win the Oscar today for supporting. She absolutely does these big tent pole movies the HW version of our masala movies like an XMen or Hunger Games which is no way make use of her talent, but are good in ensuring she gets access to the movies she wants to act in. She turns around and does a SLP or AH after enormous box office receipts. That is the hall mark of a great actress. If Sona can go between good and masala she would absolutely be regarded as a quality actress, but she insists on doing these bakwaas movies which she can do in her sleep. That one great performance could have been a fluke too, so many have one great song or movie and fizzled out. It is about the total body of work when you judge talent.

I want Sona to do good work, I want her to choose films that showcase her talent. She will absolutely win me over like Deepika did this year. Until then while I praise her good work in Lootera, it will be a gem in a sea of crap.

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -IHeartDeepika-

I know right even trying to argue with them is stupid..we better not bother
Edited by KifPaulholic - 10 years ago
844043 thumbnail

Originally posted by: meribaat

To each his own.

But one film does not a talent make, it makes you a one film wonder not unlike a one hit wonder in music. When I judge an actor's body of work, it comes down to not just acting in ONE film, it is the entire body of work. And it comes down to choices absolutely. Sona is not an outsider, I am sure she can get access to get films if she wants to, the fact that she and Kareena especially refuse to do so is sad to see as a film goer. Since they are both industry kids it makes you think of the many who would kill to have access to those roles which makes it unfortunate and unfair.

Contrast that with Jennifer Lawrence who will probably win the Oscar today for supporting. She absolutely does these big tent pole movies the HW version of our masala movies like an XMen or Hunger Games which is no way make use of her talent, but are good in ensuring she gets access to the movies she wants to act in. She turns around and does a SLP or AH after enormous box office receipts. That is the hall mark of a great actress. If Sona can go between good and masala she would absolutely be regarded as a quality actress, but she insists on doing these bakwaas movies which she can do in her sleep. That one great performance could have been a fluke too, so many have one great song or movie and fizzled out. It is about the total body of work when you judge talent.

I want Sona to do good work, I want her to choose films that showcase her talent. She will absolutely win me over like Deepika did this year. Until then while I praise her good work in Lootera, it will be a gem in a sea of crap.

You are preaching all over this thread. Love your posts πŸ‘
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Infinite.

You are preaching all over this thread. Love your posts πŸ‘

😳 Thanks. I hope I am not being insufferable πŸ˜†

But when I see someone like even Kristen Stewart who is known as a one expression actress challenge herself and do these little gems of movies like Adventureland, The Runaways, Welcome to the Rileys and On the Road in between a big bakwaas tent pole saga like Twilight which totally shows what she is capable of, it is disheartening to see our talented girls take the easy way out, so I preach...πŸ˜›
JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: meribaat

😳 Thanks. I hope I am not being insufferable πŸ˜†

But when I see someone like even Kristen Stewart who is known as a one expression actress challenge herself and do these little gems of movies like Adventureland, The Runaways, Welcome to the Rileys and On the Road in between a big bakwaas tent pole saga like Twilight which totally shows what she is capable of, it is disheartening to see our talented girls take the easy way out, so I preach...πŸ˜›

HW is not a fair comparison. BW actresses don't get those diverse roles simply because BW does not make those kind of films. We see the majority of films they make. We'll get one Lootera to a hundred Rohit Shetty films. There is no comparison with HW.
Edited by JodhaBai - 10 years ago