Deepika is the most overrated actress EVER

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
I just saw Ram Leela and wow...I don't understand what the big deal was about? Besides the movie being poorly executed, it just seemed like a story about two horny people.

And Deepika's performance was - as always, a huge let down. Just having watery eyes with a serious expression doesn't make you a great actress...as I said in my review, she was unable to convey the pain, angst or any "Real" acting emotion. Im sure the kissing/sex scenes came natural cuz she was doing it with her bf; she didn't actually display any pathbreaking "acting" in this one.

Deepika may have improved in her acting compared to her pre-Cocktail days...but there is no way her performance can compared to legendary performances like Ash in Devdas or HDDCS, Rani in Black or any of Kajol, Vidya, Priyanka or Kareena's strong performances. She is NOTHING compared to these other girls. Hell even Parineeti Chopra in Ishaqzaade did a better job than her and it was a similar role too.

Sorry but she cant be compared to other actresses who were at the top of the game...every single performance that has won the best actress award from the 90's until 2012 was better than her, and she probably only won the award because there was no competition.

The only person Deepika is better than is Katrina and that's not saying much 😆 Man I feel bad for Sonakshi, what a flawless performance she gave in Lootera, where she showed REAL acting without acting horny or over-sexualized. I feel bad for her, Sonakshi was ROBBED!
Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
ha ..sahi hai..only aishwarya is actress in bollywood😆
cpatel90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I didn't like Ram Leela too but she was surely better than Aishwarya in Devdas or HDDCS.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Did you forget India's Meryl Streep and new Shabana Azmi rolled into one?
_Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
No no that tag is for madhuri dixit...
light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No doubt she has improved , but deepika is certainly over rated.
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think we all will have different views. And it's totally fine. People have different taste. There are people who liked her performance a lot but then some people didn't. It's different for each person. But MAJORITY of people liked her performance in RL that's why she won for RL, and not for CE and YJHD.
According to me she's not overrated, actually she is the most versatile actress in bolly. As she can do all types of roles. She can do serious roles, comic roles, romantic roles, rom coms. Not many actresses can do that.

I think she deserved all the awards she got last year because she was convincing in all of them according to me. My fav would still be Meenama but can't deny she did outstanding job as leela.
Edited by Saraa. - 10 years ago
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is overrated without a doubt!
Oye_Chup_Kar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lol ..True that..

Though we never agreed to each other in many posts ..BUT I TOTALLY agree with you on this one ..👍🏼
Edited by Oye_Chup_Kar - 10 years ago
923901 thumbnail
Agreed Shaitaan
Pakhi was flawless. While Leela was just improved work