Shekhar Suman might go bankrupt if Heartless fails at the box of

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Shekhar Suman who must have tickled the funny bone inside everyone of you sometime in the past for sure turns director with soon to release Heartless' and has apparently put in his entire life's savings into the movie which will see his son in the lead role!

A source close to Shekhar revealed, "Shekhar has put every penny that he ever made in his career into Adhyayan's comeback. He has paid a whopping Rs. 5 crores for the remake rights of the 2007 medical thriller Awake. We've even heard that Shekhar has mortgaged his residence for his son's film."

When asked about the extreme measures taken for his son's sake, Shekhar said. "Heartless is a do-or-die project for me and Adhyayan. Yes, I've put all my life's earnings into its making, and why not? Addy is my only son. He's my world. Besides that, I also think he's a very good actor. Now when I see the results on screen, I am deeply moved. My son has justified every penny spent on the film. Aur ek baar kyon, baar baar bhi sab kuch dao par lagaane ke liye main tayaar hoon bete ke liye (I am ready to put everything at stake repeatedly for my son)."

When asked about the money paid for the remake rights, Shekhar Suman refuses to divulge any exact figure but said, "But it was a staggering amount. I was advised to just quietly borrow the original film's content. I could've done that since I've completely changed the original content. But I wanted to do this the right way."

When reminded that global copyright laws have become harsh, Shekhar quickly points out, "Kahaani and Jai Ho got away with quite a lot of inspired content. But I was very sure I wanted to do this the right away. Heartless is not just an acid test for my son, it's also a new beginning for me. I make my debut as a director. Both my son and I need to prove ourselves."

Shekhar says, selected preview audiences are surprised by the emotional content of Heartless. "I'm identified with a lot of comic output. Not that they haven't seen me do serious work. I started my career as an actor with a serious role in Utsav. And here I am pouring my heart out in Heartless."

Meanwhile, when spoken to Shekhar Suman's son who will be making his Bollywood debut with Heartless', he revealed that there is no advantage of being a star-kid, he said, Born into a star family and with dad Shekhar Suman in the industry for almost two decades, getting films should have been rather easier, given the advantage of being a star son? "Do you think it was easy for me to get films in this industry? Did you see me in films for the past three years? The truth is that there is no advantage of being a star son, except in the first film. But beyond that, nothing," retorts Suman Junior.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Meanwhile, when spoken to Shekhar Suman's son who will be making his Bollywood debut with Heartless',

How many times will he make a debut?
swati1975us thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah right - this is so not about his son but all about him. His son is just the excuse. Shekhar is such a vain buddha that he poses all dolled up with his son in every photograph with his gazillion tonnes of Botox and countless surgeries and freaking obvious wig. It's beyond sad.
I feel sorry for Adhyayan - he doesn't seem like the bad sort - just happens to have a pushy and delusional dad.
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
heartless is a huge flop already!!! the makers will suffer heavy losses
263437 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

heartless is a huge flop already!!! the makers will suffer heavy losses

Yeah, read that on BOI. Quite a shame.
DB_reloaded thumbnail

Originally posted by: dz651

Yeah, read that on BOI. Quite a shame.

it had good music but the opening is miserable won't able to recover its marketing and release costs
Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LOL this guy and his dad are lame.

I got turned off by Adhyayan Suman after what he allegedly did to Kangana
Edited by BindaasReena - 10 years ago
fivestars thumbnail

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

Meanwhile, when spoken to Shekhar Suman's son who will be making his Bollywood debut with Heartless',

How many times will he make a debut?

What ??is this not his debut movie??
DB_reloaded thumbnail

Originally posted by: preep

What ??is this not his debut movie??

he did 5 films before!!!! with a hit in the form of raaz 2
fivestars thumbnail

Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

he did 5 films before!!!! with a hit in the form of raaz 2

😲.oh then there is no meaning in this article..I felt very bad when I read shekar suman will go bankruptcy...but after knowing that this is not his son's debut movie then no pity for him..😡