Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anisha_anitan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: _Serz_

Coz its an ekta kapoor show. Its an undenaible fact that ekta's shows are good in its initial months

lol haha so agree with yu

sweet-knife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i hv seen few epi in between, now following regularly from last two weeks... i just wanted to ask shuld i see all previous epis??
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
promos...like Divyanka...Karan from their previous shows...
ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Watched the first episode initially, didn't continue and somehow ended up watching the rain sequence which was so beautifully shot that I ended up watching it multiple time and now i'm hooked.😊
anu023 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Found the promos interesting and also liked the story of the novel custody
VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Because the promos was interesting And most imp it was Ekta's show on Star Plus after a longgg time.
deeps_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
I found the first promo really interesting...
then watched the episode...I liked it
oiiinano thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I jst watched all repeats on one saturday n im hooked to it
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I voted other

The promo itself did nothing for me (I actually found it annoying - neighbor telling father how to raise kid, and them calling it 'mohabbat'), but I accidentally caught the episode where the feminazis forced Ruhi into the hands of Shagun. It's just today that I learnt in this forum that the serial is based on a book 'Custody', and although I've not read it, the very name strikes a chord w/ me on the subject. I happen to think that men are at the receiving end of a raw deal when it comes to custody issues, and looks like this serial reflects that. So it's not so much options 3 or 1 above that hooked me - it was the side- theme of this serial - the custody of Ruhi - that did. I'm not remotely interested in Raman's or Ishita's love life.

Incidentally, like I mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago, I happen to loathe Ishita's character - as much as Shagun's. She belongs to a genre of women who think it's their business to waltz into people's lives and do whatever it is they feel like. I haven't regularly followed this serial - watched the marathon session yesterday and a few others on YT, but one thing that caught me: Ishita constantly brooding over whether some situation or the other is right for the child!!! Hello, Hon, you're not the parent, so either Raman or Shagun gets to decide Ruhi's life until she is 18. But she was almost right when she wondered whether she had made the right call: I'd say she should have directly blamed herself.

Yeah, Raman didn't have time for Ruhi, which is undoubtedly regrettable, but like plenty of parents, he did the next best thing - he moved in w/ his parents, so that Ishita could be cared for by his mom, and others in the family. That's not good enough for Ishita, so she gets into bed w/ Shagun & brings in the feminazis to snatch Ruhi from that family, and now Ruhi stands to be sent to a hostel while her beloved womb donor can go off to London for what they think will be a quasi-royal lifestyle.

So when I saw the episode where Ishita was denied an adoption, I was completely w/ Raman in gloating over her. Normally, I'd be sympathetic, but not to this sort of a busybody. It would have been a lot smoother had Ishita done her job and not interfered w/ Ruhi or all that - befriend her, maybe, as a good neighbor, but up to a point, and beyond that, let Raman rule things.

But for me, I'm interested in the custody aspect of this show. Incidentally, one thing that I agree w/ Ishita on - single people should be allowed to adopt kids, and similarly, Raman deserves custody of Ruhi, regardless of whether or not he's married. After all, Shagun could be married to Ashok, but that wouldn't make her more suitable to get Ruhi's custody. But the marriage aspect aside, I reject the notion that mothers are, for whatever reason, more suitable to parent their kids. This serial highlights that in showing the Raman-Shagun aspect. For me, Ishita is a distraction - if Raman did what the Tandons did, and simply set aside weekends and holidays exclusively for Ruhi & his family, Ruhi would be quite happy. Yeah, he doesn't have a wife, but it's not something that his sister - who has nothing against Ruhi - or brother Romi couldn't fill in.

I'll keep following this show until Raman gets back Ruhi. After that, I won't care - I'm not interested in Ishra or Ruhish or whatever other combo there is - just Raman & Ruhi.
AR4eve thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
promos and the BG khamoshiyan gungunane lagi got me hooked on to the show...