Help - Romance to read suggestions

CanadianChic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey all

I just read my first ever urdu novel sher e yaan and LOVED it !!

So i was wondering (even though this thread is related to drama) if someone could suggest some more ROMANTIC novels to read with happy endings.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Or advise if there a forum or websites with urdu novels recommendations and discussions?

I tired to search through the net but all i got was names of writers like Farhat Ishtiaq, Saira Arif and Bushra Masroor but none of their novels have synopsis or reviews which i find strange and sad ๐Ÿ˜ญ or digest names were suggested like Khwateen, Pakeezah, Shua, Sacchi Kahania and Doshiza

So can someone please suggest names with a little background of the story - spoiler is more than welcome ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I was looking for something along the lines of
  • Must be interesting story or
  • Cheesy romance that brings a smile - something light and ROMANTIC (maybe mills n boons equivalent)
  • i do not mind if the book makes me cry but HAPPY ENDING is a must
  • it must be available online to read
  • prefer if it is easy n simple urdu to read as my urdu reading skills are not that great - ( the last time before this that i read urdu was Jaang newspaper on the day of urdu oral exam for o levels which now seems likes decades ago๐Ÿ˜† )

Cant wait to curl up in bed to read another juicy book on a cold snowy day -So Many thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by CanadianChic - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I read Farhat Ishtiaq alot and can recommend you some lovely books, cheesy romance nahi hai per love stories hai, the stories are pretty good.
Mere Humdum Mere Doost
Phir Muhabbat
Kab Haath Mein Tera Haath Nahi
Woh Yaqeen Ka Naya Safar
Jo Bache Hai Sang Samait Lo
Bin Roye Aansu (my personal favorite, its a little sad though but happy ending hai)

Farhat ishtiaq books are easy to read. The urdu is not so hard. I will come up with some more names. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by mary78613 - 10 years ago
Anything by Farhat Ishtiaq would do! You can find them all on kitaabghar.
CanadianChic thumbnail
@ HeavenlyBliss and Mary78613 - Thanks for the recommendation ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I am going to start with BRA as i am excited about the upcoming drama . Also it helps that it has a happy ending.๐Ÿ˜†

btw: i find it soo strange that there is never a "synopsis" or "summary" for urdu novels ๐Ÿ˜•.
Like how does one know what they are about to read other than the name of the novel and author - nor are there any readers comments or views of the online book.

I found that my grasp of urdu is not so good when i was reading sher e yaan but thanks to the facebook page of the drama the the entire plot was summarized so i managed to read the book and not loose interest - but i still had to concentrate A LOT!! hopefully with time and practise my reading powers will get better and i can start to read my profound content than just cheesy romance๐Ÿ˜Š
Kitaabghar also has a synopsis for many of their novels...

I would also suggest Iman Umeed Mohabbat and Haasil by Umera Ahmed. Oh oh and Peer e Kamil!

READ PEER E KAMIL BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE! ITS THE BEST! Its more of a religious story, but its a love story too. About how love brings the guy closer to religion.
CanadianChic thumbnail

Yaar i cried so much during the drama i do not know if i can stomach crying while reading the novel .

BRA has already made me cry so much last night that i still have a headache this morning - but it is all good for it is interesting and Marry said it has a happy ending๐Ÿ˜ƒ
-Maryam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CanadianChic

Yaar i cried so much during the drama i do not know if i can stomach crying while reading the novel .

BRA has already made me cry so much last night that i still have a headache this morning - but it is all good for it is interesting and Marry said it has a happy ending๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I know it's the saddest thing ever
I cried buckets !!

CanadianChic thumbnail
i found this thread incase someone else is interested ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thank u all after BRA i will start peer e kamil๐Ÿ˜ƒ
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
actually i am interested in reading pakistani novels but I cant Read Urdu
:( ,,can u guys suggest me some Novels written in text Urdu? and of course with happy ending LOLz
Peer e kamil also has an english version for those who cant read urdu