Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usachick821 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I've never watched any pakistani serials but i have a indian friend here who's mom rents pakistani serials from indian grocery stores. I've managed to catch a glimpse and yes i agree that they are not very glamourised. In indian serials today even the middle class/poor people can afford designer clothes, (an example is ELAS on Sony). However like many of the members did say the pakistani serials have excellent story lines and are very realistic, but are not glamourised which is why indians (i presume) dont really have interest in them.

Second, i presume that no major television serial in india puts on these serials, so not many people get to watch them unless they have other sources (its just an assumption!)

Just my 2 cents. 😊
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
im back (i was never done with my response πŸ˜†)

after 3 posts im finally getting to the point
😳 πŸ˜†

the reason pakistani shows are not popular in india is because of lack of publicity and availability. Pakistani shows are not publicized enough in india so people never heard of them or the people involved in the industry (do any of you know/have heard of samina peerzada, uzma gillani, badar khalil, bushra ansari, talat hussain, abid ali, shakil, aijaz aslam, sadia imam, shagufta ejaz,javeria jalil, vaneeza, humayun saeed, faisal quraishi, adnan siddiqui, ahsan khan, ok my list is getting too long..but i think u ppl get the point..ps:these are all some of the "really popular and well know" people)

ok so there isnt enough publicity..but what about availability?..people cant be interested in something they never experienced. From what i know none of the pakistani channels (PTV, Geo, ARY, HumTV etc) are aired in india. if the channel is not aired and the industry is not publicized in any way, people will never know what great shows they are missing out on.

as for indian shows being popular in pakistan, well they are widely available (except for random star plus bans tht go on and off so often tht the people there r used to it by now but because it is temporary and kekta shows move at the pace of a snail the people are still glued). when i went to pakistan last summer, i noticed that all the indian channels came on tv at my grandparent's house.

not only are the channels easily availabe for everyone to watch, they are publicized..i dont know if it is all newspapers or only specific ones but i saw pictures of indian tv and movie celebs in the newspaper accompanied with articles and i saw this more than once (dont know what the article said cuz it was in an urdu newspaper and i can only read english)..but the point is, even people who dont regularly watch a show were able to read about something connected to the show or that star in the news and maybe watch the show bwcause of that artice.

now im sure indian newspapers do not include anything related to pakistani dramas or movies. i do not know if pakistan's drama and movie industries are to be blamed for lack of international publicity or if india is to be blamed for not including pakistan's channels but either way the people in india are at no fault for not knowing about pakistani dramas and movies or not knowing what lollywood is or not havingg ever watched a pakistani drama

ok thats enough of my loong lecture....if i think of anything else i will be back soon...but for now..im done
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
hmmmm............... ok!!!!

ya like evryone said, its coz of lack of publicity and nothing else!!!

otherwise, I strongly believe that Pakistani serials are much much better and realistic then Indian soaps and serials. even the artists are more versitle and great actors!!! u give them any role and they will do it to its fullest!!!!

a serial or a soap, should be somthing which touch the ppl's heart, and they can relate to it. and I think that from the very begining, Pakistani Dramas have come up as a winner!!!

in normal day, how much ever u are rich, u don't wear banarsi sarees 24/7, with full makeup and big joras. we wear, normal cotton dresses!!!

anyways, the bottom line is that, Pakistani Drama's arenn't shown in India. thats why they are not popular, Pakistan show all channels of India. 😊
sq174121 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sq174121 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bluepink

This is news to me.

Pakistani president Musharraf's extended relatives are in Lucknow (India). Does that make him an Indian? Before partition everything was India so would you say that all Pakistanis are Indians? As we know after 1947 many people moved to both countries as per wish or force and since then those who are India are Indians and in Pakistan are Pakistanis.

I never said that they r Pakistanis..i just Ment that their families r from pakistan..it all goes back to family..i think i put it in the wrong words.😳..SORRY for that its just that i write on the spot n sumtymes without thinking.😳.so thats y..SORRY guys if i said nything n it doesnt make sense plz ask me to explain it properly later!..SORRY once again!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Š

sq174121 thumbnail

πŸ‘

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

hmmmm............... ok!!!!

ya like evryone said, its coz of lack of publicity and nothing else!!!

otherwise, I strongly believe that Pakistani serials are much much better and realistic then Indian soaps and serials. even the artists are more versitle and great actors!!! u give them any role and they will do it to its fullest!!!!

a serial or a soap, should be somthing which touch the ppl's heart, and they can relate to it. and I think that from the very begining, Pakistani Dramas have come up as a winner!!!

in normal day, how much ever u are rich, u don't wear banarsi sarees 24/7, with full makeup and big joras. we wear, normal cotton dresses!!!

anyways, the bottom line is that, Pakistani Drama's arenn't shown in India. thats why they are not popular, Pakistan show all channels of India. 😊

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

sq174121 thumbnail
Aparna_BD thumbnail
OK many of my across the border friend said that the reasons are 1) They are not publicised in India. The Indian Newspapers do not carry info about it.
2) Or some said they are not telecasted in India.

Both reasons have no basis. Reason ? Are the Indian shows/ Movies publicised and advertised in Pakistan ????????? I bet thats a NO !! NO !!! NO !!!! But still Pakistani people are informed and like to watch Indian shows.

And No Indian Newspaper will carry info on Pakistani show the same way NO Pakistani newspaper will carry info about Indian shows.

As for the Pakistani shows NOT being telecasted in India. Let me remove this misconception....the same way Pakistani's get Indian Soaps on their TV illegaly , We Indians also get Pakistani channels like PTV. I am not sure if they are legally telecasted or not BUT they are by several cable walahas who do. I know my mom and my saas's cable walah in India does show it.

As some one pointed out Cable walas are money minded business men and will telecast anything that has money coming home. I believe my mom's cable walah was at one time showing soft po*n at midnight untill finally people objected. So the point being he will do what people want him to do.

Now who i think hit the nail on the head was Zara's analysis. She said what Pakistani shows lacks is glamour. And some how like how bling bling is worn by fashionable people to attract attention............the same way Indian shows make the women wear heavy jewelry even in their sleep. Is it natural ????? Nope !!!!!!!! But do people prefer this ???????? Well it seems yes !!!!!!

I haven't watched any Pakistani drama lately............but i understand they portray reality using very ordinary sets, with hardly any glamour. I think this is the reason why Indians do not find Pakistani shows "attractive"!. And why Pakistani's are so strongly attracted to Indian Shows and Movies.
Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
To clear a few facts,ITS NOT ONLY THE GLAMOUR......I mean,there ARE good soaps in India too...Stereotyping all Indian soaps as K soaps wouldnt do....there are so many regional soaps,which are brilliant....In the south Indian serials,there's hardly any glamour..One gets to see out of shape protagonists who wear plain cotton sarees..but those soaps ARE very popular ...India's a multiethnic society,and hindi isnt the only language spoken here πŸ˜› ......Among Hindi soaps Left right left is awesome,so is Vaidehi and Akela(though not many prefer a supernatural thriller)......But the irony is that its the Kekta soaps that are so popular....Kasauti is the most boring thing on television 🀒 ,yet people love Prerna and Mr.Bajaj/Mukti- Prem...Kasauti garners the second highest TRP's(after kyunki)..........and I personally dont see much glamour in Kasauti....Komolika's dressing sense is over obnoxiously the top 🀒 ,prerna's is just mediocre(esp her current look where she dons clothes that are quite ordinary)...If there's any soap where there's helluva fashion,its Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai and Kahiin To Hoga...Neha Bamb and Aamna shrieff wear some of the best clothes,but yet KYH is one of the lowest rated shows..... Its the Kyunki,which is not as glamourous as KYPH that garners more TRP's...So I cant buy the fact that Indian soaps are popular only for their glamour.....People watch Kyunki even whe Tulsi/Prerna wears ordinary cotton sarees.....For that matter,i dont think anybody is fashionable in Kyunki.... πŸ˜•

Thus,its not the glamour,but its something else which does the trick...Indians dont watch soaps only for glamour....The million dollar question remains unanswered "Why are kekta soaps popular".....Perhaps the only reason can be that people like her soaps,and like to watch them.,connect to them in some way or the other....People instantly connect to soaps and empathise with characters...No one is forced to watch anything,people watch it for their entertainment....

Whatever said and done,Kekta shows are great entertainment(albeit I dont watch any of them religiously,I do know people who LOVEEEEEEEE the K soaps)....Yeah,they're far removed from reality,but I guess majority of the south asians like the fairytale kind of stories....Reality soaps(like left right left) dont really do well ......Life is so complex,and I guess people like to unburden by wathcing these fantasy soaps πŸ˜ƒ

One cant reason out as to why a person gets addicted to a soap..I was very much addicted to JJKN,albeit it was sooooooooo crappy towards the end 🀒 ,yet I never wanted it to end πŸ˜• ..but when I look back,I do feel that I was stupidπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ and the soap was so excruciatingly unbearable 🀒 that it HAD to end.....Similarly,Kavyanjali surely needs to end,as it has become so boring..but the aficionados of KA are sad that its ending....Addiction is inexplicable πŸ˜‰

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OT: I wish we had Video Game shows on Indian TV Channels? 😭 There is one (Gamer TV) on Ten Sports.

Why are Pakistani TV soaps not popular in India bec'se honesly they are inferior to us in every aspect, budget, technology, acting πŸ˜‰ , story πŸ˜‰ ..