Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: sanaqureshi

pakistans industry is hust at the begining...since pakistan is a muslim country..acting is not a gud profession for ny boy or girl..we r still very u no...lyk not many ppl accept that here...so thats y our film industry isnt much gud..but we r improving..

I don't think that statement is true. There as many number of Pakistani actors as Indian actors and I think people enjoy movies period.

n pakistani dramas btw r more popular then indian dramas...i know that there r a lot of pakistanis on this site..even i adore kyunki..but no matter how much i lyk kyunki i still think pakistani dramas r still much better then indian dramas...

I think the subject Buffies raised was why aren't Pakistani dramas popular here if they are better than Indian serials. People say they hate Indian shows but most of them are hooked to them. Why? When I was in Jammu-Kashmir Pakistani drams were shown there. That was the time of doordarshan. I still used to like the shows like Udaan and Kachi dhoop. I somehow couldn't connect with Pakistani dramas and I don't know why?

if u c a pakistani watching 2 indian dramas at a tym theyd be watching 5 paki dramas...dunt underestimate paki dramas...they r ..n to tell u the truth much better then indian dramas cuz they atleast make sense n instead of showing one person marrying 3 ppl in one year they have sum sense in them...

My question again is if people hate Indian dramas so much then why is everyone hooked to it?

using indian actors/actresses is only to promote pakistani dramas..not that out actors r crap..luk at hamayun saeed..he's sooo cute!!! 😳 ..but its just that since star plus has cum n im talking abt star plus cuz wen zee n sony were here..i dunt think much ppl watched those dramas...ppl have started to watch ekats dramas..we just want our dramas to gain that popularity back because every1 admits that ektas dramas r not very gud but stil they watch them...our dramas r popular maybe not in india but i live in pakistan i know they r much more popular then indian dramas..

Why is a Rajeev Khandelwal needed to make Pakistani shows more popular?

n the same goes to bands n singers..u have no idea how popular bands lyk noori n jal..n singers lyk atif n adnan sami r...im crazyy after them n i know a lot of pakistanis r..if many indians started listening to our bands i doubt ny1 wud want to listen to abhijeet sawant n all...they totally ROCK!!!!

I agree Pakistani musicians are popular in India. But the fact I still can't understand is why musicians like Adnan Sami and Late Nusrat Fate Ali Khan want to settle in India? Is India a better platform for them?

With movies well sorry to say but i dont think indian movies have that effect nymore that they used to have on pakistanis...after the westernization of indian movies..i.e to there behayayi n all...not many pakistanis r able to watch them so we have turned ourself to hollywood n lollywood...still hollywood here is more popular then bollywood..i already said that i agree lollywood isnt much use..but our bands,singers,n dramas r much more popular then indian bands singers n dramas..

I see that almost all my Pakistani friends love Hindi movies and watch it first day at least in US. Most of the signatures are of Indian stars too. So I don't think that statement is true.

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: bluepink

This is news to me.

Pakistani president Musharraf's extended relatives are in Lucknow (India). Does that make him an Indian? Before partition everything was India so would you say that all Pakistanis are Indians? As we know after 1947 many people moved to both countries as per wish or force and since then those who are India are Indians and in Pakistan are Pakistanis.

Infact Pakistans founder Mr.Jinnah , his daughter never moved with him to Pakistan, she had a son who is a well known Bombay based Industrialist Nusli Wadia  who in his Interview said he's a  proud Indian. Can we call Mr.Jinnah an Indian then because of his family ? Or would you call Nusli Wadia ( Mr.Jinnah's grandson) a Pakistani when he says he's an Indian, has Indian citizenship and has gone to Pakistan only once in his life to meet his grand aunt.( Jinnah's sister)
Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
anjali.nair thumbnail

Originally posted by: Evee

On a lighter note, for us living in US, indian soap provide us with our daily dose of whats "in" and whats "out" in terms of fashion πŸ˜†Like the short krutas are really in or that character is wearing saree in a diff way...they decorated the house in a certain way and stuff like that... I dont know about you guys but my mom certainly pays a lot of attention to all that πŸ˜† πŸ˜†   

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i do too.

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

there is one more thing I want to share that no cable operator shows any pakistani channel in India and even no one is intersted to watch their channels. India has so many channels of its own which r best so who has time to watch pakistani channel and their shows.thats why no Indian has watched any pakistani show.

when govt. of pakistan banned Indian channels in pak , cable operators of pak show indian channels illegally bcz of public demand .it shows popularity of indian shows in pakistans

even here in canada every pakistani ( whom i know or met )watch only Indian shows.they always talk abt indian shows and films.but no Indian watch pakistani show here.i have talked to 2-3 paki people abt their movies and they all said that their movies r not as good as indian movies and some said that they dont like to watch paki movies they watch only Indian movies.

Dazlingflower thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

That clip infact proves the popularity of Bollywood movies. Was it a real official google newscast? Who would have imagined that Krrish would be most searched thing on google.😊

i guess  you guys can look at the brighter side of that video.. but every week or month google comes out with these videos. I didn't find anything funny in that video. I personally didn't like that fact when they showed an example of 70's or 80's Hindi superman  movie and said," Krish is not the first time when Bollywood tried to make superman, IN this old Indian movie, they were flying dolls in the video."

THe only part I found funny was when they showed Hritik dance...after that it was all pure insult.

Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dazlingflower

i guess  you guys can look at the brighter side of that video.. but every week or month google comes out with these videos. I didn't find anything funny in that video. I personally didn't like that fact when they showed an example of 70's or 80's Hindi superman  movie and said," Krish is not the first time when Bollywood tried to make superman, IN this old Indian movie, they were flying dolls in the video."

THe only part I found funny was when they showed Hritik dance...after that it was all pure insult.

yes, i found it a little spiteful too. but, then again, who cares what they think?

the word "bollywood" was also coined as an insult to the indian film industry by some BBC journo. now, its commonly used and few care or even know about the initial mockery.

Edited by T. - 17 years ago
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
wowπŸ‘ ....interesting topic...i read all of your replies...thanks for starting a topic of my interest buffie 😳

Sana, i think you misunderstood buffie. She isnt saying that indian soaps are more popular that pakistani dramas IN PAKISTAN. she is asking why pakistani dramas are not as popular in india as indian soaps are in pakistan.

DF, totaly agree with you about wat u said abt bollywood not being as popular among americans (the non-desi ones..we dont count πŸ˜†)

Pakistani music has achieved international recognition (i have non-desi friends who listen to jal or faakhir even tho they dont understand the lyrics πŸ˜†). bollywood has songs sung by pakistani singers and as you all said all of you are well aware of and like atif aslam (aour koi nahi milaa tha? πŸ˜•..but thtz my opinion πŸ˜‰)

as for pakistani dramas vs indian dramas, ive said it MANY times, here, in PSF and anywhere else where i was asked to compare them, pakistani dramas are A LOT better, story wise, connection wise, actor's skill wise etc. yea i watch indian soaps but as sana said if i am currently watching 2 indian soaps on a regular basis im watching 5-6 pakistani dramas😳. i recommend that before any of you start to compare the two make sure you have seen at least 2-3 dramas from both sides of the boarder. (tanhaiyan-our maryam's favoriteπŸ˜‰, mehendi, ansoo, uroosa, dhoop kinaray, unkahi to name a few--if u ppl are interested check out PSF or PM me for links to watch them online)

as for movies, lollywood suck🀒..ok being a pakistani maybe im supposed to be more loyal to pakistan..but i watch watever i watch for entertainment and not depending on which country produced it. as good as pakistan's drama industry is, its film industry needs alotta improvement. i would choose bollywood films over lollywood films anyday.

IMO the perfect combo is pakistani drama and indian movies

**not done yet...but gotta run...bbl soon***
mkzara thumbnail
I think that Pakistani dramas are not as popular in india because of one and one reason only, that is lack of glamor. I mean so many Pakistani dramas try new ideas and have good stories but they lack the glamor that ekta shows, with the mansions and the hot guys and girls. they lack the display of money and wealth and that is the problem. People are attracted to glamor and that is wat they want to see on television. Pakistani producers have realized this and unfortunately in an attempt to compete have stopped caring about story lines and going for glamor only.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Ya i watched the video. I found it funny and just a little spitefull. But not hurtfull or insulting. Guys stop being so senstive.😊
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
yea zara ur right....pakistani dramas dont( i really should say didnt) have bcuz their storylines and everything were supposed to be very realistic...but bcuz of lack of glamour they werent as popular so now the new pakistani shows r becoming more of a glam-bag but the ppl r focusing 2 much on the glam and not enuff on the stories....i mean yea there r some good new dramas...but some ppl r trying 2 hard 2 add glamour