Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KiranlovSriti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

I agree with kiran.I am enjoying this Mahabharat.Its the best attempt after BR chopra's Mahabharat

its a freshness on tv. And we should apriceat the way they r makeing it so huge, they really worked so hard.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Mahadev was great initially i used to watch it regularly but lately tracks have been boring.I think it has been dragged for too long
642126 thumbnail
There's no denying that they've worked hard - but they've worked more on gloss, effects and publicity.

Apart from this article, review of Hindustan Times is also negative (and that one did not compare with old versions at all).

Two episodes? Nowadays reviews come soon only. Promos are also reviewed. So reviews based on first few episodes aren't new phenomena.

Reviews aren't great and as a viewer I did feel it was not worth the hype.

But I also believe shows like MB, DKDM, Buddha or historicals like Maharana Pratap are a better alternative to routine masala or crass comedy and a nice way to connect with roots.

Even if shows have flaws, still they draw audience, make them curious, incite debate, encourage them to search and find more about past, so it's generally a positive impact. 😊
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Skepblun
There atre good reviews as well see below
This first post review i am gogin to ignore since its a colurs website and MB directly competes with Madhubala for TRP's i dont expect them to say good things.So its two good reviews(the ones i posted above) and a bad one(HT).Its still good in any case true test of any show is ist TRP's if TRP's are good these reviews wont matter
AreYaar thumbnail
I wouldn't say it's an epic fail...but yes, it could be better.

After the horror that was unleashed in the form of Ekta's Mahabharat, I do find this one better.

I liked the way they showed Bhishma's entry and right now the focus is on his story, his background as the basis was laid for events that happened later...the costumes/jewellery are nice...the sets are good although the CGI is about alright.

I like their intention regarding showing Krishna giving a talk on one life lesson in every episode as the narrator...something to think about...although it could be done in a better manner.

Basically I feel the casting is the most crucial thing when mounting a series of this stature/level...and I don't think they've done justice to the casting to that extent...so while I can watch the show cuz I like this saga of kings and wars and the battle for dharma...I do wish I could connect with the story on a deeper level...and that is responsibility of the writers/actors/directors...the costumes and jewellery won't make up for it.