Good reviews on Mahabharat

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
http://www.idubba.com/articles/2013/09/18/star-plus-mahabharat-review/

I agree with both these reviews to a large extent. They have praised the show but have also pointed out flaws which i agree with.

The issue with retelling Mahabharata on TV is that everyone is fully aware if the story. There can be no twists and turns in the story. There cant be any OMG moments or no i didn't see that coming moments. Since we all are already aware of all storylines or most of the storylines that matter are known. So how do you tell a story that everyone already knows in a gripping manner. You need to interpret it and show it in your own way that can lead to slight alterations in character's and storyline. Yes the basic storyline shouldn't be altered. The basic message cant be altered. But if few character's are slightly altered to make things interesting i think its ok. For example AMba's character wasn't fiesty or extremely strong willed in the original she wouldn't have ever stood in a court full of people and admitted she thinks of some one as a husband. Yes she became revengeful later but that wasn't her character to begin with. In this new MB Amba is extremely feisty and some one who doesn't conform to norms of that time and is rebellious .Yes the character has been changed but atleast for me its made things interesting already knew what was going to happen in Amba and bheeshm's story but seeing Amba's charcater in a new avataar made things interesting for me and worth a watch. And even with this alteration they haven't changed what amba and beeshm's storyline is trying to say or the essence of storyline is still maintained. Same goes for satyavati. Yes the promise was made to stayavati's father but seeing stayavati as the ambitious one made things interesting for me. Also the essence of the storyline that ambition and bheeshm's blind love for his father laid foundation for Mahabharata. Only difference is father's ambitions are replaced with daughter's but essence of the storyline is maintained

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ok so no one is happy that Mahabharat got good reviews
Gold.Abrol thumbnail