Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Wah wah!..what a brilliant ending..nottt. 😆

Honestly who didn't see this coming? I always had a feeling Sila would accept Adeel again..the fact that they never got a divorce and not to mention the obvious title of the show - Dil e Muztar 😆 dil e muztar ko samjaya bohat hai (yeahh righttt ) magar iss dil nay tarpaya bohat hai (because of your own stupidity, Sila)

I kind of felt bad for Zoya in all of this. Lets be real..sure she was an idiot..because of her mother and herself, Affan, Sila's first son, died. She ruined Sila and Adeel's marriage to a great extent..however, the way Adeel insulted her in the end saying he's going to treat her like crap because of all that she has done (not too sure how he miraculously realized how Zoya was the root of many of their problems?) was just baffling to say the least. Adeel was no little kid who got tricked into marrying Zoya or even following Zoya here and there prior to their marriage. Adeel was always a selfish moron who never showed much consideration towards his wife or first child..and in all of this mess, Zoya and him were both EQUALLY at fault for everything that happened. As I said..Adeel was never a doodh peeta hua bacha. So, it's as if one horrible person (Zoya) got what she deserved but at the same time..the other horrible person (Adeel) got a happy ending..not really fair. lol

However, it was inevitable..Sila and Adeel never filed for a divorce and that always meant they had a huge chance of getting back together. And, Sila? this woman has got to be one of the stupidest protagonists in recent times. I'm sorry..I loved Dil e Muztar ..but Sila's drama of signing/not signing/signing/not signing the damn divorce papers was such a drag. You can't even blame Adeel here entirely because Sila never moved on..and after all those insults towards Adeel and whatnot for ruining her life bla bla..she goes back to him. She's shaking while signing the divorce papers? whaaa 😆 I don't know what was more annoying her unnecessary shaking while trying to file for a divorce against a guy who supposedly ruined her life or Aijaz Aslam's vague expressions during that scene? 😆 And the award for the most misfit actor in a role in recent times goes tooo..Aijaz Aslam...well at least he didn't get the girl? 😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So, I didn't agree with the ending like most of us..and not to mention the ending wasn't edited well...I don't get where those scenes were coming from during the final meeting in the park? The scenes from the OST were randomly placed into the final scene? made no sense. I wonder where Saba Hameed went? I didn't like how they left out Sila's very own mother who despised Adeel, in the very last episode..that also made no sense. I wonder if Sila/Adeel/Affan will go back to Adeel's little flat? 😆..

Apart from the predictable ending which I felt disappointed by..I still will maintain what I've said throughout this entire show..this was one fast paced/entertaining show. I hardly saw dull moments except for a few during the last two episodes thanks to Aijaz Aslam's horrible expressions.

Imran Abbas - what a wonderful comeback. He nailed it in the last episode..He was the perfect Adeel..and though the ending wasn't anything brilliant..Imran's acting was great. Even in the last scene where he's looking at Sila and Sila's looking at him..even without any dialogues I felt he was great. His expressions as Adeel were always on point..and I'd go as far as saying I'd call his performance here as one of the better performances by a male actor this year. Needless to say he looked great as Adeel in the second half after the leap. I think he carried the whole glasses look with collared shirts really well. I wish he did more shows as opposed to going to Bollywood to do a flop movie. Oh well. Hope to see him in another drama soon. I never liked Imran overall as an actor because he can be great at times (like as Adeel) and then not so great other times...but I must say he can do great if he wants to. (Malal/Mera Naseeb/ and now DeM as my fav Imran performances)

Sanam Jung - her graph as an actress wasn't a steady one in this show..but after watching the entire show and keeping aside my complaints with her being monotonous in a lot of places..I find her quite promising. Her strongest points have been emoting during those emotional scenes and I find that impressive as a lot of people struggle with crying etc during their first serial. However, she was pretty good...everything else isn't going to be so hard to work on given she works hard in the future. She did great in this last episode though.

Sarwat - she was pretty good as Zoya. I felt a bit disappointed with her acting at times only because I expect a lot from Sarwat as she's a good actress..but at times you couldn't help but despise Zoya..and I'd say that because Sarwat was doing her job well. She was brilliant in the last scene. I personally think she looked better with Imran...they complement each other better than Sanam J and Imran I feel.

Aijaz Aslam - yawnnn

Overall, this was one of my favorite shows of this year..wish they had a different ending but I never expected it to be like that. I will miss this show though..I actually did look forward to watching this every Saturday and I loved the direction. Special mention to Shehzad Kashmiri's directorial debut. He's brilliant! I wish to see more of him..the guy's such a talent.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
AshTara thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Sarwat - she was pretty good as Zoya. I felt a bit disappointed with her acting at times only because I expect a lot from Sarwat as she's a good actress..but at times you couldn't help but despise Zoya..and I'd say that because Sarwat was doing her job well. She was brilliant in the last scene. I personally think she looked better with Imran...they complement each other better than Sanam J and Imran I feel.

yes, sarwat's scenes were really good. like you said, there were moments when i wished i could shake and slap zoya and the credit goes to sarwat! 👏 incidentally, my first pakistani show was meri zaat zarra e benishan where sarwat and imran were paired opposite each other and i liked their cute scenes a lot. so in DEM it was interesting to see them together again in completely different roles. 😊
AshTara thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the most unsatisfactory thing about the ending is that adeel got no punishment at all. in a way i feel he was more to blame than zoya. he was sila's husband, he knew sila loved him, he should have had faith in her. she left her home, her parents, everything for him!! she looked for a job only when her child was in danger of being starved. and yet adeel was quick to blame her.

and he never could see what zoya was actually up to?? or did he not want to see? he went and fell straight in to trap. when he heard what zoya was telling her mum that she loves adeel and will only marry him, i thought that maybe now he will realise that sila was right about zoya. but no! like a total idiot he went right ahead and proposed to zoya!! which self respecting man would do that?? Ugh. 🤢

and im sure he only came back to sila when he saw how successful she had become. i dont think he evr loved her. he tortured her in the beginning when they got married. then when she got a job and he couldnt, he became jealous and insecure. he blamed her for their child's death. and then he in the end he gets her back!! senseless. ok, so he magically realised that zoya was a vamp. he divorced her. good. but sila shouldnt have gone back to him. love is there, but what about self respect?? 👎🏼

it would have been much better if they showed that sila moved on inspite of all the tadpana and samjhana. even if she loved him, she shouldnt have gone back. adeel would divorce zoya and all of them would be single...and remain single. it would show that they had all learnt their lessons, and that when we dont realise someone's value and lose them, we cant get them back. that would have been a bit depressing but it would be a real and an end with a moral.

What an unpredictable ending LOL what happened to zoya