Usse bhi jyada pane ko ji chahta hai.
Na jane kaun si khubi hai aapme,
Dosti nibhane ko ji chahta hai...

<333

kkk byeee
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
After re-watching the recent episode once again, I realized Zindagi Gulzar Hai is a show I neither love but nor hate. It has it's flaws but with positives as well. Initially I liked the show, but near the middle it was much too repetitive and drag felt for my liking. The episodes were dull with perhaps only a few good scenes put in random spots. However, now the show is picking up it's pace once again or at least did slightly in the last episode.
I still do not like Kashaf's character though. It remains un-relatable and even though I know someone at-least 80% similar to Kashaf, Kashaf's character is too far-fetched as an insecure and slightly pessimistic girl with her complexities. This is one thing I don't like in Umera's novels despite her being a great writer. Her characters are at extremes like in Maat.
My most favourite scene till yet has to be Kashaf and Zaroon's phone conversation. The whole chaand part was greatly acted out by both Sanam and Fawad. It highlighted the contrast between both characters. Zaroon's optimistic and happy side, kind of like Ali Zafar's version of the OST, whereas Kashaf still seemed worried and confused. The fact that she still compares Zaroon back to his university days goes on to show her paranoid feelings.
I loved the Nasiyaat Rafia gave to Kashaf unlike today where many mother's are only worried about the artificial things related to marriage. In order to live a successful marriage the woman definitely has to compromise and sacrifice more. And this isn't supposed to be looked at with a feminist point of view unlike how people do it today. It's because of the woman's maturity and sensibility compared to the man.
And people who are saying how can Zaroon not no how to pray. This can easily happen. In Pakistan, from what I've seen, and in other countries too, you learn Islam in your younger days. If you don't keep up with practicing of-course you can forget. And considering how his family focuses more on freedom and education I doubt they made religion a priority in their life since everyone was busy with their own customs.
Yesterday was also the first time where I actually really liked Fawad and Sanam's chemistry. It's very realistic and different. Both of them were kind of adorable in the wedding scene. Fawad especially.

Edited by BlackStar. - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fawad in a suit = gorgeous-ness!

starstruckk thumbnail
I was watching that launch show again where Fawad/Samina/Sanam/Momina/Sultana Siddiqui etc came on. And, I was just trying to catch some of the Sanam Saeed & Fawad moments which I didn't notice as much before.

There was this one part where they showed a clip of the library scene where Kashaf and Zaroon start arguing..and afterwards, Fahad Mustafa, the host, goes..Sanam, tum dar to nahi gayi thi? (referring to how angry Zaroon's shown and possibly Fawad almost raising his hand as Zaroon..😆) and Sanam Saeed goes, no of course not! And, Fawad then says..she is just a natural...and he then just smiled. It was very cute because I noticed how Sanam Saeed was in her own lala land while speaking..and she completely missed Fawad's comment..but I love Sanam..and I feel she is such a natural...so for Fawad to genuinely say that was really nice to hear.

And I noticed how whenever Sanam spoke..Fawad would attentively look at her and what she had to say. 😆
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

Iqraaa my shayari partner!

Tumne bhi abhi tak nahi dekhi?

Kabhi hum bhi aapke quotes partner hua karte thay
OnlyHope thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I was watching that launch show again where Fawad/Samina/Sanam/Momina/Sultana Siddiqui etc came on. And, I was just trying to catch some of the Sanam Saeed & Fawad moments which I didn't notice as much before.

There was this one part where they showed a clip of the library scene where Kashaf and Zaroon start arguing..and afterwards, Fahad Mustafa, the host, goes..Sanam, tum dar to nahi gayi thi? (referring to how angry Zaroon's shown and possibly Fawad almost raising his hand as Zaroon..😆) and Sanam Saeed goes, no of course not! And, Fawad then says..she is just a natural...and he then just smiled. It was very cute because I noticed how Sanam Saeed was in her own lala land while speaking..and she completely missed Fawad's comment..but I love Sanam..and I feel she is such a natural...so for Fawad to genuinely say that was really nice to hear.

And I noticed how whenever Sanam spoke..Fawad would attentively look at her and what she had to say. 😆

Haye
It only gets me dreaming about the wedding night when he stared at her like
He just LOOKED..I mean he had nothing else to do so he started fixing her tika..
Gaaahhh someone get me a guy like him 😆

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Haye
It only gets me dreaming about the wedding night when he stared at her like
He just LOOKED..I mean he had nothing else to do so he started fixing her tika..
Gaaahhh someone get me a guy like him 😆

Fawad's way of staring/glancing/and plain LOOKING at people is just to die for..😆..everything is just so deep and mesmerizing offscreen/onscreen
coldy07 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hello everyone!
Just discovered this section..WOW!
If I start talking about ZGH, Fawad and Sanam..I can never stop...
But I simply loved loved the last episode..OMG..it was just too good...I found myself grinning at so many places..Just couldn't help it.
Powerful dialogues. Kashaf's mom's advice to her is so good.👍🏼 and realistic. Kashaf Zaroon scenes.. Be it the wedding night, the phone conversation..or the car conversation. I loved the line that Kashaf said. Goes on to show how her firm belief and principles made Zaroon fall for her . 😊 I am no pro at making collages or anything. I try my hands at VM making, :P..Not Zaroon Kashaf yet though..I dunno..let's see...busy days going. I don't have photoshop either..But made this in Vegas. 😛
So thought to share it in my 1st post here. 😃 I'll come back after some hours of studying now. 😃

Edited by coldy07 - 11 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
^ Beautiful dialogue, to say the least...that's exactly the kinda thing I had been waiting for since day 1...BUT...the video I watched cut off the car part in the middle and re started from where he says the mulazim part..but OMG he SAYS that?
Someone find me the video!!!
coldy07 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

^ Beautiful dialogue, to say the least...that's exactly the kinda thing I had been waiting for since day 1...BUT...the video I watched cut off the car part in the middle and re started from where he says the mulazim part..but OMG he SAYS that?
Someone find me the video!!!

No..she thinks like that..Watch from around 31:37 to get the full context.
It is indeed a beautiful thought. Wish Kashaf said some of her thoughts aloud. 😛

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bvGL9ugpOn0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by coldy07 - 11 years ago