Maheen Khalid Exclusive Interview With ShowbizSpic

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Maheen Khalid Rizvi is a talented Pakistani TV actress. She has worked in several Hum TV serials. Lets have some chit chat with the lady and know more about her career and life.

Interview

Q1)How come you landed in acting? How was your 1st experience?

Ans)Acting was something that happened by luck…. I completed my education in television production and film making from USA and came to Pakistan to serve my country … I wanted to start off as an assitant to the director but I was offered acting instead and because acting had been a childhood passion , I wanted to try my luck at it and it worked! My first project was "chaand pe dastak" by Moomal productions and from there I got several other acting offers after they saw my work. First experience was over whelming and I was very shy n nervous on the set as I was working with a big cast.

Q2)What was your lucky break?

Ans)My lucky break would have to be " Maat". It was a supporting role and very concise ..alot of ppl had suggested that I shouldnt go for it as it wud damage my image as an actor but I followed my gut feeling damn was I right! people loved my character in it and I was appreciated for my acting. It was the first time people noticed me on screen.From there, its been an uphill road for me Thank God!

Q3)Do you have any mentors in the industry?

Ans) I have no mentors in this industry whatsoever. I knew Sultana apa as she was the first person I had contacted to give me a chance with directon and assisting but other than that no one else…It was pure luck and lots of hard work.

Q4)Tell us about the best part of your work

Ans)The best part of my work would have to be the fame and recognition that comes with it. Other than that, the ability to express urself is one other thing. expermenting different personas, characterization , the friendly atmostphere at work all makes it worth it. most of all it has taught me patience , a quality I didnt have earlier

Q5)Who is your inspiration/role model?

Ans) In Reel life, I was always inspired by Marina khan and Rahat Qazmi…I feel there is no one like them in this industry! They created magic on screen..and unfortunately I havent worked with either one of them. In the real world. my biggest inspiration is myparents. Couldnt have been where I am, without them and their blessings.

Q6) What do you think about invasion of foreign content all over on Pakistani channels?

Ans)I think foreign content would not have invaded our space had our viewers been less gullible. it is being shown because our masses want to see it! Sad, because we have worked so hard to revive the Pakistani television industry and bring it to where it is today with so many channels and so many programmes to choose from, and everything goes to waste because ppl want to see foreign content over their own local prog.I think its a passing phase n will fade out eventually.

Q7)Who according to you is the best dressed man and woman in Pakistani showbiz?

Ans) Best dressed male in the Pakistani showbiz? wow, thats a vast range you are looking at. I would think Shehreyar Munawar and Faisal Qureshi. Best dressed female would have to be Aamina Sheikh. She can pull off anything!

Q8) Tell us more about your typical day

Ans)My typical day is a combination of relaxing and busy. I wake up late as im not a morning person at all ( unless I have a shoot) , have my breakfast (which is mostly brunch), watch tv while checking my emails and facebooking. Then i pray, head out, run my errands, shop , socialize with family and friends , if I have time Ill go to the gym once in a while and then back home. I have dinner, pray, skype with my family in USA and its bed time!

Q9) How/where do you see yourself/yourwork in next 3/5 years from now?

Ans) I dont plan that much ahead of time but I do see myself taking a vacation soon..InshAallah ! I believe in going with the flow and going where life wants to take u. Ive stopped planning so much ahead of time because plans dont merely work out the way u want them to.

Q10) What is your next project?

Ans)My next project is with Six Sigma called "silvatein" which should be airing soon on Geo I believe. Another one with AnB is in the pipeline starring Faysal Qureshi.

Q11)Anything you would to say about our facebook page and website?

Ans) You guys are doing an awesome job…keep it up!

Fun Questions:

*What would be the first thing you would do if today was your last day?

A)If it were my last day the first thing I would do is make a list of all the things I would like to do that day! LOL

* What is your favourite word, the word you tend to use more often?

A)The words I use repeatedly are, " ya right!" and " r u serious?"

* If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?

A)If i were stranded on a deserted island the 3 things I would take are: a matchbox, water and lots of food!

*If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would say to them?

A)I would like to meet Qaid e Azam and ask him what we should do with Pakistan now and how things might change for the better. I would also ask him if I can make ammendments to the constitution!*Tell us one thing which makes you different?

*Tell us one thing which makes you different?

A)The only thing that makes me different from the rest is my firm morals and religious values which I wouldnt disrespect or lose for anything in the world.

*If you were a biscuit, which would you be?

A)If I were a biscuit I would be 50/50..thora meetha , thora namkeen! hahaha

*Tell us one television character that you adore the most?

A)My fav television character is Momo in bulbulay

* What are the things you love to do on the sets?

A)I love chit chatting ( with my colleagues), eating and taking power naps on the set…its a different kind of feeling for some reason.

*What comes to your mind when you see yourself in mirror?

A)The only person that comes to my mind when I look in the mirror is my mom! hahah kidding… I think of God and I feel like thanking him for making me normal…AlhamduLillah

* What is your favorite food?

A)Biryani! Hands down.

*Your fav fragrance?

A)Armani Mania by G Armani

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Aw I like her, she needs to be given lead roles.