BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Why was Ram digging up personal details of contestants?

Fine, he brought up the Anupam-Sara issue but why make Sara so defensive that she started speaking all that about Ali? At first I thought it was Sara's fault for being so immature but then when Ram started prodding Aman by saying why both his engagements(?) failed, I realised that the host was trying to bring up personal matters in the show. 

All this just confuses me about the main theme behind the show. It seems to be a  catch-all for anything and everything related to the contestants

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bangles thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes. It is not clear what the focus of the show  is: food and cooking have  taken a back seat.

Throughout the week references was made to Sara's broken marraige at some point or the other. Leave her alone- it's her life.
Why is her need for privacy not respected by the contestanats and the host? Why does everyone want to get to the bottom of her failed marriage? What's it to them?

This is a very bad adaptation of the UK show where  food, cooking, being a host and entertaining the  guests is the main focus. The drama just unfolds on its own sometimes-but this is not the main theme of the show.

In the Indian version the contestants seem to be chosen with a view to induce drama. Why on earth would you include  a divorced couple in the same week ? Why would you bring them face to face ( presumably without any warning ) on a TV show?  These are cheap gimmicks

What I do not understand is why the partcipants do not cater for the non vegetarians? When you have an undisclosed group of people arriving at your home for a meal one usually  tends to plan a safe menu that adresses the needs of both the veggies and the non veggies. 

What is downright rude in a country where guests are revered is that the non veg participants'  requirements are ignored despite having   knowldege of this. Again is this a gimmick engineerd to induce tension and drama between participants?.

I am very disappointed with this show.

I do not even want  to get stared on the hosting: Ram Kapoor/ host is not required at all- he is a very poor host,  he just opens up an issue and then leaves it half explored. I am not sure that  he knows what his role is or  what the focus of the  show is!

All I can say is that this show is a right dog's dinner! 
Edited by bangles - 11 years ago
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9
now channels sells personal stuff for TRP
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

In some house they don't eat non veg and they don't bring inside the house.All eats veg  so i dont think this will be problem.

Ram should not ask any personal details.
Edited by jyothi-m - 11 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This version of Come Dine With Me is not even like our (UK) version, ours focuses more on the food, and how one is hosting not on details about own personal life...so I'm not really enjoying Welcome.
BullsEye777 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruky786

This version of Come Dine With Me is not even like our (UK) version, ours focuses more on the food, and how one is hosting not on details about own personal life...so I'm not really enjoying Welcome.

Agree.. I like Come Dine with Me but I guess Indian PH does not realise the potential of such shows
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I was surprised as well at Ram's questions. Is he given these questions or is it his own brain?
BullsEye777 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruky786

I was surprised as well at Ram's questions. Is he given these questions or is it his own brain?

By the disinterested attitude he shows, the questions must be given to Ram. He does not bother to pick up on the answers. I never thought I would say this, but now I can value Salman's role in BB
MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

By the disinterested attitude he shows, the questions must be given to Ram. He does not bother to pick up on the answers. I never thought I would say this, but now I can value Salman's role in BB

See...Sallu is the BEST host BB can ever have!!!😳😳
Its not everyones thing to do such a show's hosting...
Sallu is funny, dynamic and most of the times tries to resolve fight rather tht bringing on more!!!
How can you even compare Sallu to ram kappoor??
BullsEye777 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MJHTMonayaSajan

See...Sallu is the BEST host BB can ever have!!!😳😳
Its not everyones thing to do such a show's hosting...
Sallu is funny, dynamic and most of the times tries to resolve fight rather tht bringing on more!!!
How can you even compare Sallu to ram kappoor??

Well I just did😆 Hey, it was a compliment for Salman. I just feel hosting that needs any level of taking a stand is just not Ram's cup of tea. He is good as the bade bhaiyya kind of stuff (like in swayamvars)