REVIEWS: Na Kaho Tum Mere Nahin

Taify thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

02 Feb 2013 1 Comment

REVIEWS: Na Kaho Tum Mere Nahin – HUM TV- Full Drama Review

We have seen an overdose of dramas based on infidelity and husband-wife issues. HUM TV's latest outing, Na Kaho Tum Mere Nahin, also discusses the same point taking inspiration from Sleeping With the Enemy somewhere.

It tells the story of a couple, Mehreen (Saba) and Meerab(Ahsan), that belongs to middle-class but lives happily. However, the two have issues due to Meerab's mother who is totally dependent on Meerab who supports her family financially. Enters Maya (Rubab Hashim) who is a rich girl that divorces her husband (Javed Sheikh) to have an affair with Meerab causing strain in Meehren-Meerab's relationship. The story on paper looks simple, and this is what really it is – simple!

There are no OMG moments or twists you wouldn't expect. Surprisingly, the characters do not get that deep either to be honest with you. The writer (Maha Malik) I feel didn't put in her best efforts. The serial is weak from so many points that I feel like it was written some time back. Maha's dialogues are also not the kind that we saw in the likes of Maaye Ni.

However, the screenplay is fine to which Amna Nawaz Khan does full justice. Honestly, the drama just showcases her talent. She did prove herself in Maat when she had lavish production values, but even here she does well. ANK surely has a great future ahead!

I do not personally liked the OST. The editing is alright.

From acting point of view Saba Qamar is excellent like always standing like a brick, yet, the serial doesn't offer her anything new. Nevertheless, I heard the actress did the role only as a favor to the makers. Ahsan Khan acts well and suits the part. His character has misogynistic shades that he portrays well. Rubab Hashim needs to work on her expressions A LOT. Even her dialogue delivery is weak. Nevertheless, she looks the part. Javed Sheikh doesn't get anything to do.

On the other hand Bano Aapa's family is top notch. Everyone, including the newcomers (Laiba etc.) do well. The roles do not demand anything classic and they all pull it off with lan.

Overall, Na Kaho… is a mediocre serial at best. If you are watching it you may continue doing so. However, if you are missing it then rest assured you aren't missing a lot.

Rating:

by admin in Reviews Tags: na kaho tum mere nahi, na kaho tum mere nahi cast, na kaho tum mere nahi cast name, na kaho tum mere nahi episode 15, na kaho tum mere nahi episode 16, na kaho tum mere nahi episode 17, na kaho tum mere nahi episode 18, na kaho tum mere nahi hum, na kaho tum mere nahi last episode, na kaho tum mere nahi latest episode, na kaho tum mere nahi pics, na kaho tum mere nahi review

One Comment

1. aliya
    Feb 02, 2013 @ 12:54:11

acha nahi kehti kay main tumhari nah

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website

Anti-Spam Quiz: 3+3=

Sponsors

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Taify

It tells the story of a couple, Mehreen (Saba) and Meerab(Ahsan), that belongs to middle-class but lives happily. However, the two have issues due to Meerab's mother who is totally dependent on Meerab who supports her family financially.

correction: its sister not his mother
MochaQueen thumbnail

Bilal Abbas Khan

Haha yeah i was gonna point out the same thing! :P
Story is boring, but Saba and ahsan look amazing together
Taify thumbnail
yeah.. corrected it there =P 
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
tfs i dont like d serial that much but loved Saba Qamar acting...!
hkl75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Story line is typical. tug war between two women. Even the presence of actors like saba qamar and ahsan khan did not enhanced anything what so ever.
I agree that actors dis not went too deep into their character which could be the reason of no proper viewer connection...
Meerab, for me, is a big time turn off character... A rather confused man who just cant decide anything, rather just follows the flow.