TV industry looked down upon: Gaurav Chopraa

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

After working both in TV shows and films, actor Gaurav chopra feels the line between the two mediums has blurred, but TV industry is still being looked down upon.

"There is no doubt that the difference between films and TV has decreased in the past. But I don't think that the line of difference is so thin. It only seems like that," Gaurav, who had small roles in Hollywood films like "Blood Money" and "Men Will Be Men", told IANS.

"To a certain extent, the film industry looks down on the TV industry. But that is because the TV industry has an inferiority complex, hence the film industry has a superiority complex," he added.

THIS IS JUST A SNIPPET SINCE THE REST WAS NOT MUCH RELATED WITH TOPIC 

SO DO U AGREE WITH THIS FELLOW HERE BOLLYWOOD LOOKS DOWN UPON THE TV INDUSTRY IF YES THEN WHAT DO U THINK IS THE REASON 

AS IN HW BOTH MEDIUM ARE EQUALLY RESPECTED AND WE HAVE MANY TELEVISION STARS WHO BECOME MAINSTREAM ACTORS IN HW LIKE JENIFFER ANSITON ,KATHERINE AND MANY MORE 

do u think if like the west here too we have seasons rather than daily soaps will the scenario change somewhat 

DISCUSS

Edited by HakunaMatata_94 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reason is the huge difference of their paycheck.  
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sometimes i feel sorry for these tv actors...I mean they probably work as hard as movie stars on top of it they work like 10 hours a day non-stop and still they dont get a better pay
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail

Originally posted by: bambogli

Reason is the huge difference of their paycheck.  

paisa bolta hai ๐Ÿ˜†

but then how is the scenario way different in HW how r the TV stars paid there 
Edited by HakunaMatata_94 - 11 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
The TV industry is opposite of the film industry ! The male leads play flowerpot roles while the females dominate๐Ÿ˜†
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail

Originally posted by: abby_girl30

sometimes i feel sorry for these tv actors...I mean they probably work as hard as movie stars on top of it they work like 10 hours a day non-stop and still they dont get a better pay

u r right abby they work for like 30 days a month for 12 -16 hrs and earn peanuts and the so called BW stars just do a 5 min scene for a day and charge a bomb so unfair but then when is life fair for anyone
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail

Originally posted by: _NaughtyBoy_

The TV industry is opposite of the film industry ! The male leads play flowerpot roles while the females dominate๐Ÿ˜†

thats true ๐Ÿ˜†
ur new dp is fine but i miss that sexy lady there ๐Ÿ˜ณ
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HakunaMatata_94

paisa bolta hai ๐Ÿ˜†

but then how is the scenario way different in HW how r the TV starts paid there 

yea Manoj...you are so right...in the west...TV stars get better pay...some have equal pay like big movie stars...example all the FRIENDS cast...they are as famous as any movie stars and got great pay as well

Also they have the seaon system there plus the show only airs one day a week...there tv stars work 2-3 months on a season and then can work on other stuff

here...poor tv stars are stuck to that ONE show...and have to shoot regularly since the show's is aired all  5 days
Edited by abby_girl30 - 11 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HakunaMatata_94

thats true ๐Ÿ˜†
ur new dp is fine but i miss that sexy lady there ๐Ÿ˜ณ

from the tv industry only she looks hot to me ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ณ the others are kamwali bais๐Ÿคข
aish. thumbnail
^Sanaya Irani is so pretty!<3
So is Krystle D'Souza!((:

And I really feel for the TV stars. They're damn hardworking!